Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks post-op and frustrated!

Hi all !

I am 5 weeks post-op and frustrated today. I weighed myself and scale said I gained 2 lbs. But I have been watching portions and quit eating when I feel full or if I eat something and it kinda feels like the food is stuck, then I usually back off and stop eating. I usually get in my 64 oz. of Water, and take all my Vitamins.

I went a on food tracker site and it tells me I am not eating enough calories. I am on mushies for the next week yet. It said something in small print like if you donot consume enough calories your metabolism will slow down making losing more difficult.

Has anyone else had a problem with this and if so how did you get your metabolism to kick in better? I usually try to stick to 3 meals per day of small portions but I am thinking maybe I should add a scoop of unflavored Protein powder to one of my beverages to up the Protein in the morning and possibly add a protein enhanced snack of some sort after supper.

I must say though it seems like my clothes are getting bigger so maybe I am losing inches? Figuring out how to deal with the "new" me is more difficult than I expected I guess. LOLS

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all and have a good week.

Maybe I misunderstand. 5 weeks out - 32lbs lost and you are frustrated? Please be fair to yourself, you have lost a significant amount of weight. You may not be able to get enough calories yet, this is a process you build up to, so quit being frustrated about a minor gain and stick to the guidelines.

Consider it may be hormones that helped you gain? I fluxuate in weight by one to four pounds in a week.

Suggestions...How much protiein are you getting a day? Add protien yes. How many carbs are you eating? shake it up a little if you are really concerned and divorce the scale. Weight less often if you can stand it. Hugs.

Hi iegal!

Thanks for your reply - I'm not eating many carbs but like you said I don't think I am getting enough Protein in. So I am gonna shake up my routine and add in a Protein Drink. Thanks for your suggestions. Just getting anxious I think to see the numbers drop.

Thanks for making me feel better! ;)

I am 6 weeks out and stalled for 2 or more weeks now fed up ;0(((

I just want the scales to move , I am trying to get all my Water in . Hopefully will get some exercise in this weekend . Only eating very small amounts CUS sick if eat tool much

Ann xxxx:0)))

is this correct, you have lost 96lbs in 5 weeks?? WOW....amazing!

Hi all !

I am 5 weeks post-op and frustrated today. I weighed myself and scale said I gained 2 lbs. But I have been watching portions and quit eating when I feel full or if I eat something and it kinda feels like the food is stuck, then I usually back off and stop eating. I usually get in my 64 oz. of Water, and take all my Vitamins.

I went a on food tracker site and it tells me I am not eating enough calories. I am on mushies for the next week yet. It said something in small print like if you donot consume enough calories your metabolism will slow down making losing more difficult.

Has anyone else had a problem with this and if so how did you get your metabolism to kick in better? I usually try to stick to 3 meals per day of small portions but I am thinking maybe I should add a scoop of unflavored Protein powder to one of my beverages to up the Protein in the morning and possibly add a protein enhanced snack of some sort after supper.

I must say though it seems like my clothes are getting bigger so maybe I am losing inches? Figuring out how to deal with the "new" me is more difficult than I expected I guess. LOLS

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all and have a good week.

is this correct, you have lost 96lbs in 5 weeks?? WOW....amazing!

Hi newmenewday! No not 96 lbs. in 5 weeks - I have lost the 96 lbs. since I first started this weightloss journey the end of May in 2010. I was following the Medifast food program prior to surgery on Feb. 14th 2011.

I started the Medifast food program the end of June, 2010 which helped me to lose quite a bit of weight pre surgery.

I am 16 weeks post op and have hit my second stall. I was stalled from the 6th to the 12th week after gaining 4 pounds, then it broke all the sudden and I lost 11 pounds and now I am stalled for a week again.

So I guess this is how it goes from some of us, levels of weight loss instead of constant decline.

During the last stall I upped my calories a bit and added Essential fatty acids to my diet. It is very frustrating because you go through this surgery and then to see the scale stuck makes your mind play games. I did lose a pant size while in the stall so it is true you can lose inches while the scale sticks.