Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been slowly losing this war for a very long time. I would win a battle now and then, but each time, when I started to go "up" again, it would go just a little bit higher than the time before. But I could always count on being able to go back to my comfort zone......until last October! It had been a while since I had tried to put on my skates, but this time it was like squeezing my feet into a pair of skates that were 2 sizes too small! How (and when) did that happen? Of course I knew how and that it was it for me! I had often thought about WLS but never thought I was "that far gone." I had finally crossed the line!

I started to research and it took me a few weeks to bring up the subject with my wonderful husband. I would have bet the ranch that he was going to balk at the idea so imagine my shock when he jumped right on board! We went to an informational seminar two weeks later and my journey began on 11/16/10.

My surgery is scheduled for March 24th...less than 5 days away! Getting excited and nervous but I know that I will be a happier and healthier me and I can't wait to "roll" again!!!

You are making the right choice. The sleeve is the best decision I could have ever made for my health and I feel amazing. Good luck on the big day and keep us posted!

Your story rings a bell here! It's wonderful your husband is behind you, support is critical! You'll find plenty here. Best wishes for a perfect surgery and quick recovery! Start saving up for some new smaller clothes and skates!

The story sounds so familiar to all of us. I think you are making the right choice..I believe that without the sleeve I would be yo yoing all the time..The sleeve is actually a very good tool for making the right choices.. Will you be able to eat wrong? It is not going to change that. It will make you choose the right foods based on eating to live and not living to eat. It is awesome and I didn't know why it took me so long to make the decesion to have the surgery. If you are dedicated to your weight loss you can acheive anything. You should be really glad that your husband is going to be a good support system. There are a lot of folks on here that their spouses don't support them too much.. As far as the surgery I would do it again 100 times over tomarrow. I only wish I could have had it 10 years ago.

Hi everyone

Thank you for your supporting words! Surgery went extremely well - no problems and I am amazed at how much easier it was than I imagined! I was back to work in just 7 days and even though I took it wast for a little while, I am doing great! My clothes are already too big and I'm getting ready for my first drop off at Goodwill!!

And the best news is..................I tried on my skates and they fit!!!!!

My husband has been great and very supportive through it all which is very important because I really haven't told very many people about it. No one in my family knows anything!! I was in and out of the hospital so fast that even my son who lives less than 3 miles away knows! It helped that he works in a restaurant Wed-Sun and I had my surgery on a Thursday and was home Saturday afternoon. Ha!

So far so good...haven't had any issues introducing food back into my diet. Thanks for your support!!