Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

OK apparently we can't edit posts right now so I'll add one, I searched out "rep power" and apperently even the mods aren't sure exactly what it is, but I have deduced that we can click on the scales above any post and choose to approve or disaprove of a post. Those numbers get added to a persons overall rep power number. I have yet to figure out if a bigger number is better or a smaller number. I have tried voting on peoples posts but it hasn't been enough to affect them one way or another.

OK first update. I am gonna try really hard not to get on the scale every day, but no promises :confused:

waterlily,

i have the same issues ... i usually get on the scale every time i work out (almost daily) and if i am up even a little bit, it ruins my mood. going to try for once a week. so far this week, i've actually been pretty good and havent been on since Monday. but it's been tough!! i am petrified that even thought i've been doing mostly right things, i will be up. TOM refuses to come but i feel the bloat. :cool:

Um, did anyone notice the "rep power" thingy in the right corner of everyone's posts? What the heck is that?

see to the right of the post number? there are like the "justice scales", it is called reputation. you can give either good or bad reputation based on what you think of posts and / or the poster

Great! So I can end up with a bad reputation! It's like high school all over again! LOL!!!

Thanks for the answer. Well, I'll give you all positive ones!

And for the record...I'm totally addicted to the scale. Even when it's that time of the month and I know the weight is not accurate and will make me angry...I still do it!

I went from being addicted to food to being addicted to the scale!

OK I am breezing through the pounds again yay :confused: and I am getting really close to the 60's! I don't even want to discuss the century mark, I don't want to jinx it and have a stall.

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

losingjusme....................317.25............. ...317.25.............295.............22.25

tann...............................257........... ..........257..................232.............25

juliegeraci......................232.............. .......232..................220.............12

Josette..........................340............ .........340............... ..315..............25

Inner_me................... ...306............... .....306..................280..............26

Elisabethsew..................278................ ....278..................255..............23

Waterlily1072................278.....................272..................252..............20

Libra.............................230............ .........229.................205...............24

Lapbandit……………..208……………..208……..…...185……..….23

RidinMyHDDream.........281.....................281 .................256..............25

OK...I better NOT get a bad rep or I'll have to kick some butt! (Just kidding...trying to see if anyone will give me a bad grade!) That's weird...I wonder what happens if you get a good score...free fills for a year??!! That would be SWEET! If you get a bad score maybe you have to go to LBT jail where they post a pic of you with bars over it along the side underneath the ads!! Too funny!

OH BOY...quite an exciting day for me. First the good news...I had made a promise to myself about 12 weeks ago to complete the local Walk America challenge that my company always participates in. For the past 7 years I have participated by volunteering at a checkpoint table and handing out Water to the walkers but not this year! I decided that I was gonna complete that 7 mile route if it killed me. I DID IT! And, I did great and felt great! I completed my first-ever physical challenge today and I'm really proud of myself. I just wanted to share!

Now the non-happy events for today...ugh...I'm a tad bit worried that I might have hurt my band today. My Breakfast got totally stuck and I PB'ed/Slimed/Vomitted pretty badly. Then I went to the walk and afterwards was hungry so I came home and made some lunch but it got stuck too and was even more violent than in the morning. I have never had such pain and slimed so bad in my whole banded life. Now, my belly feels sore, my chest feels sore and I am scared to eat real food for awhile. I did have some cream of wheat for dinner and it went down OK but jeez louise...I really had a bad band-day today. I'm gonna do liquids and very soft foods on Sunday too and maybe test regular food for dinner Sunday night. If the same thing happens again I'm scared it means I've hurt my band because this is definately not normal for me. I've PB'ed etc. a few times before but nothing like this and I've never had actual discomfort lasting hours from it before. Have you? Should I be worried? Thanks ahead of time for any input!

OK LapBandit first off CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!:clap2: Great job on your walk!!!

OK now for the PB thing, don't worry, you were probably still swollen from this morning when you tried to eat tonight. First rule of thumb is once you PB 24hrs on liquids then try mushies then back to solids. Right now your poor stoma is so irritated from 2! I would recommend liquids only tomorrow then on Monday try mushies and if the mushies go well then back to solids. When I swell I stay swollen for a couple of days so I actually do 2 days of liquids if I have any irritation. I am sure everything is fine so relax and enjoy your evening basking in your success!!!

Now for me! Last night we camped out in a cabin with 11 other adults and kids for a church camp grounds clean-up and is was so much fun! This morning we got up early and spent hours cleaning, raking, sweeping etc. to get this huge area ready for camping season. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. DH and I came home and crashed, lol. And I am down 2 more pounds!!!

OK, thanks Molly! What you said makes sense. I will stick to liquids tomorrow all day. WOW...I don't ever want to repeat a day like this because my poor belly/band has taken a beating! Not fun at all!

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

losingjusme....................317.25............. ...317.25.............295.............22.25

tann...............................257........... ..........257..................232.............25

juliegeraci......................232.............. .......232..................220.............12

Josette..........................340............ .........340............... ..315..............25

Inner_me................... ...306............... .....306..................280..............26

Elisabethsew..................278................ ....278..................255..............23

Waterlily1072................278.................. ...270..................252..............18

Libra.............................230............ .........229.................205...............24

RidinMyHDDream.........281.....................281 .................256..............25

If you click on the green square it says you're on a distinguished road. I have no idea why some are 1 and others are 2 or 3.

Losingjusme, don't be nervous, you are doing great! Worst case scenario you gained instead of lost, but it will all come off eventually with patience and perseverance :)

Losingjusme, don't be nervous, you are doing great! Worst case scenario you gained instead of lost, but it will all come off eventually with patience and perseverance :)

you are so sweet .. it was a good loss, not as much as i had hoped for since i worked my bum off (is it ever) but a good loss none the less.

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal….....To Go

losingjusme....................317.25...............313.25.............295.............18.25

Waterlily1072................278.................. ...270..................252..............18

JULY 4th Challenge!

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal….....To Go

losingjusme....................317.25............. ..313.25.............295.............18.25

Inner_me................... ...306............... .....301..................280..............21

Hi everyone, once again I must mention how well everyone is doing! Congratulations to those who are reaching milestones. I've hit one, this is the lowest I've weighed in over 7 years. My minigoal was to get out of the 300's, but being here at 301 - when I couldn't get past 303 the last two times I've tried to lose weight - is FANTASTIC! My goal for this challenge is my second mini-goal. 280 was the next weight down that I hung around for years. I joke around that I'm working my way back through school... I was 200 when I graduated from jr high, 230 from high school, 250 from undergrad, 280 from grad. Well, it's time to head back down the chain...and I actually believe it's going to happen this time!