Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

I'm in too. It's a little over 8 weeks until 4/15/07 so I went with 2 pounds a week + 2 more. Best of luck to us all.

Tax Day Challenge!

(April 15th)

Week Zero of Eight

Name.............................Starting……..Current……..Goal……..To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....231………….199.............32

Waterlily.........................300............. .......300.................264.............39

Roiansmom.....................299................. ...299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........248.................228.............20

JulieNYC........................212............... .....212.................185.............27

Elisabethsew....................282.....................282.................264.............18

Add me to the Tax Day Challenge. That is also the day I go on vacation to North Carolina. Put me down for 20 pounds. I get my first fill in March and that should help me with this goal. Current weight 338, Goal weight 318.

Tax Day Challenge!

(April 15th)

Week Zero of Eight

Name.............................Starting……..Current……..Goal……..To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....231………….199.............32

Waterlily.........................300............. .......300.................264.............39

Roiansmom.....................299................. ...299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........248.................228.............20

JulieNYC........................212............... .....209.................185.............24

Elisabethsew....................282............... ......282.................264............18

PeaCeJ............................338......................338.................318............20

This is great everyone! I would LOVE to hit this goal. If I can do it then it would put me just inside Onderland's front gate!!!! Can you believe that?? I was basically 400 lbs last year at this time. I would just cry with joy to get into Onderland this year! Honestly, I probably haven't been in the 100's since Jr. High. I know I've set a really high goal but with your support I think I might have a chance to reach it.

You've made remarkable progress and should be very proud of all the hard work you did to get to your present weight. An average of 4 pounds a week is a lot but there are many people on the board who are quick losers and getting to 199 is a GREAT accomplishment. I think JulieNYC will soon be departing for onederland and several others (including you) will be following her travel plan real soon.

I just got shots of cortisone into both knees (PAIN!) just a few days ago and need two total knee replacements. Therefore, I can't do the types of exercises others can but do what I am able to and try and increase the number of minutes I exercise each week. For that reason, I went with two pounds a week and tossed in an extra 2 as an added incentive. When I get to 199, I'm scheduling my knee surgery. It's not as glamorous as plastic surgery but it will give me my life back and allow me to do a lot of things I can't do now.

Good luck to us all!

Congrats on you fantastic weight loss LapBandit, that amazing! I'm hoping you reach your goal.

I am just so excited to be under 300 I can't even imagine being under 200 yet. I spent the majority of my life weighing between 160 and 175 and I just want to get back there. I just try not to focus on it :)

I hear you Elisabeth, my left knee is in bad shape. If I were to excersise I'd be getting cortosine shots as well. Best I can do is just stay on my feet most of the day, cause any kind of lunging or walking on uneven ground is a killer.

And Ooh ooh ooh, I am so excited, this fill is GREAT:D My band is actually working the way it is supposed to. I had 1/2 cup of chicken and mashed taters for brunch and 1 cup of the leftovers for an early dinner 4 hours ago and still am full :). I did have to take a nap for some head hunger issues. Hubby was fixing my computer (hard drive bit the dust this morning) and so I had nothing to do but wait which drives me nuts, so... nap time. Tomorrow I will venture some food that is full on solids so I can get my veggies in too. Was a little too scared to do that today yet. But all in all I have had 600 calories today :girl_hug: I need to drink a protien shake to get some more protien and nutrients in. Too late in the evening to eat something that will still be sitting in my pouch at bedtime. BTW everything about my weight loss that I used to call my mom about everyday I will inevitably post here as I need to share it with someone. I kinda feel like this is my little support group right here in this thread. I hope all of feel that way too :girl_hug:

Since I'm just hitting a month out and this will be my first challenge, I think I'll go for the 2 pound a week goal of 16. Hmm...guess I better start my taxes too. :)

Tax Day Challenge!

(April 15th)

Week Zero of Eight

Name.............................Starting……..Curre nt……..Goal……..To Go

JulieNYC........................212............... .....209.................185.............24

Elisabethsew....................282............... ......282.................264............18

PeaCeJ............................338............. .........338.................318............20

RidinMyHDDream...........297......................297................281.............16

I only got 0.2 cc's on the last fill. It seems they have rules for only giving such an such an amount based on how much you already have. I think 0.5 would have been more appropriate but this one might "kick-in" in a few days.

There's some nut on this board who fills his own port. When I go and only get a small fill that does little to nothing, I can relate to how he feels. The funny thing is, I am an RN certified in accessing inamed ports but would be scared to death to do my own.

Make sure you can handle solid Protein and stay hydrated, Molly. As for a nap, having just finished a 12 hour shift at work, that is exactly what I am going to do. LOL.

Welcome to the challenge, Carol!

Hi Guys,

Sorry i've been missing...not been feeligntoo good...i'm sad I missed my valentine challenge and i think i have put on weight in the last few days!!! so i will get weighed tomorrrow and add to the challenge then. Trouble is I REALLY need a fill but because of the problems i've been having they won't give me one at the minute...and I have little restriction wiht a craving for all things bad for me...

I'l return tomorrow with my weight etc.... well done to all who met the challenge and you're all doing really well xxxxx

I can eat solid protien :) I was just afraid to eat veggie the way I like them el dente, was afraid a chunk might get past me and cause me to pb. Just taking it slow as I wasn't sure how fast the swelling would go down after such a bad pb directly following a fill, hehe. But I am sipping my fluids. I can't guzzle and gulp anymore but when I take frequesnt sips all is well :girl_hug: But if I was able to eat chicken yesterday I am sure I am not too tight :girl_hug: Today I think I will have a little tuna on melba toast, yummm and maybe scrounge for a little lettuce for a salad. :hungry: I can tell It's time for lunch, hehe.

Of course you can babygirl :)

Name.............................Starting……..Curre nt……..Goal……..To Go

PeaCeJ............................338............. .........338.................318............20

RidinMyHDDream...........297...................... 297................281.............16

Babygirl1234...................260......................260..................240............20

Welcome Babygrl. It's nice to see we'll have a bigger group (and support) for this challenge. The goal is to LOSE pounds and GAIN a tax refund. LOL.

Welcome Babygrl. It's nice to see we'll have a bigger group (and support) for this challenge. The goal is to LOSE pounds and GAIN a tax refund. LOL.

I like that plan...lose weight, gain a refund. We should get tax credits for each pound we lose...wonder if DubYa could pass THAT through congress??!!

Molly-we love hearing from you so yes, keep on checking in!

Welcome to the new challenge members! Yep, our little thread is growing and I like it!

What I don't like is Winter...when is Summer coming?????? I'm cold.:)