Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Dang girl, you go Julie :clap2:

Well after reading lots and lots of threads about restriction I see that I have some restriction just not nearly enough. I am so glad I am getting that fill on Tuesday. I think I have just had a hard time dealing with the fact that I have needed so many cc's in my band, and blaming my slow weight loss on depression. I can swallow pretty large pills still, not the really big ones but the medium sized (1/3") ones and four at a time at that.

Elisabeth,

I have drank with meals and can tell you that it does affect how much I can eat. Drinking flushes the food right out of your pouch. However, I cannot drink with meals now, i can with a light snack, like a little fruit or yogurt, but solid food no way, it makes me slime, and that is so not fun.

I can vouch for this too! If I drink with my meals I definately feel hungrier much sooner. It's a hard habit to break at first but now I don't need to drink with meals. I don't drink for at least 15 min before eating and for at least an half hour after. If I can hold out it's better to wait a full hour after eating. I really do feel like the Water flushes the food through my pouch.

I did pretty well today drinking an hour AFTER meals. I'm looking forward to Tuesday when I hope to get a small fill to get back the restriction I felt on the last visit. Thank you for sharing your experiences on this issue.

Great progress Elisabeth and Molly! I'm proud of you both! It's TOM for me and I passed up the strong, strong urge I had today to eat a cinnamon roll at work today so that's my victory of the day!! I get some wicked cravings during TOM and its really hard to keep focused when my brain keeps telling me to comfort myself with junk!

Good Job LapBandit :D I am saving my days calories for a treat tonight. Mashed potatoes and gravy, mmmm, with chicken of course :) it's the gravy that takes up so many pesky calories. I can deal with my tummy growling all day, I just can't stand it growling at night. I have been low cal tasteless food all day just for that gravy, hehe. :hungry:

Valentine's Challenge

Check In

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................237.................... .10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................231..................... 20..........................4

Libra....................... 251......................20....................... ...6

Indianlight................ 268......................20....................... ...9

JulieNYC.................. 215.....................215...................... ....0

Elisabethsew............ 282 (-12)..............282..........................0

The scale FINALLY moved this AM and, for the first time, I made my goal in a challenge! Maybe I can lose one more before 2/14.

Hi everyone,

Just checking in, everyones doing sooo well, i'm so proud of you all!!

I don't think i'm going to make my challenge this time , but today I have acheived a personal challenge. I'm in the Uk and we go by stones and pounds to measure our weight and i REALLY wanted to be able to say I am 18 stone something by valentines, well today I am 18 stone 13.5lbs!! woohoo (14lbs in a stone) so although I havent managed to reach my target here, I do feel as if I've acheived something!!

oh, I have a NSV!! i bought some new jeans in size 22 from my mams catalogue and as they fit I asked her to order a size 20 for me as well, they arrived last week and they FIT!!! making me realise that the size 22 is too big.....i only had them 2 weeks!!

Elizabeth - I was told not to drink with my meals as it pushes food through the band and you get hungrier quicker, I have tested this and it is true! However, if I am really hungry i drink a glass of Water before my meal to stop me overeating, I also wait half hour after meals before drinking. I think everyone is told something different time wise but drinking with a meal is a definite NO NO.

I never drink fizzy drinks, but i had stopped that before I was banded as I noticed my tummy swelling and feeling bloated each time I drink it. oh no, I'm telling lies .....I sometimes have diet coke with Vodka!! but I put plenty ice in it to get rid of the fizz before i drink it...

Good luck everyone, and I dont mind what challenge we do next...it's my 40th birthday in may so i need to set a goal for that (well secretly i'd love to be in a size 18 by then, not too bothered about weight but thats between us!! lol) Lets go for it....I love these challenges as they keep me focussed...

Juliegeraci................237.................... .10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................231..................... 20..........................4

Libra....................... 251......................20....................... ...6

Indianlight................ 266......................20....................... ...7

JulieNYC.................. 215.....................215...................... ....0

Hey Indianlight, great NSV's! Although...I still don't really understand the whole stone conversion! Why can't they just use pounds so us Americans can follow along?? HA HA HA! Same way with metric...who needs it? Just kidding! But, I definately understand the difference between a size 22 and a 20, so big congrats on that one! I love changing sizes!

OK, I think we mostly have decided that we're OK with whatever for our next challenge so I'm going to start a Tax Day Challenge on Wednesday so put on your thinking caps and figure out what you plan to shoot for!! I have already figured out mine! This will be interesting because it will come out to be an eight week challenge with like three bonus days so...this way we'll have a little padding in case we need an extra day or two to hit our goal. I'm excited about it! It will end right around my one year bandiversary!

Libra....................... 248......................20....................... ...3

Indianlight................ 266......................20....................... ...7

I really don't think I'll lose three pounds by Valentine's Day but I came really close. And losing almost 20 pounds on this challenge is awesome!!

I'm up for the next challenge. It's just in time for my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. It'll be the first time I'm seeing a lot of my family since I had the surgery.

I went in for my fill today :) She said not to worry about how many cc's I have in my band, they can hold up to 33cc's before they burst!!! Wow:eek: Anyway, I am sure I won't need that many, I bet no one does, but them's the facts, hehe. Anyway, I told her I could still eat bread and really anything and that I didn't have to chew very well cause everything just goes down. She checked to make sure I wasn't leaking any saline and all is good there, yay. Then she gave me another cc so now I am at 9.5cc's. My uncle took my banded aunt and me out to brunch after our fills (she got one today too). I ordered an omlet cause I figured it would be pretty easy to eat and it was. For the first time since I was a baby bandster and healing and all swollen I actually had to chew really well! And I was actually full after like 15 little bandster bites! I think I may finally have some good restriction going on :D Bring on the weight loss cause I am gonna meet our next goal, when was it for again? lol.

WOW! I had no idea that the band could hold 3 times more than what I thought. I knew the band could be "overfilled" but thought it was only by a few cc's. I had a fill yesterday also but they told me on the last fill that once a patient gets to 8 cc's they don't give large fills. So, I only got a small fill of 0.2 cc's and hope that will bring me back to the level of restriction I had in early January.