Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Sorry Indianlight...I gave up on tickers a long time ago. I guess they're too complicated for my blood because I could never make them work!!

Good job ladies on the progress! I think I might have something good to report on Wednesday too! Keep your fingers crossed for me that the plateau has ended!

You need to create an account. There is a small space where you can create a password. (it's next to the box where you type a password.) After you create one, you should be able to go back and create a new ticker which is will save based on your password. Personally, I think it's a pain in the tush, but whatever.:phanvan

i want to be in the 200's soooooooooooooo bad!

You are very, very close! You'll be there before you know it! I'm excited for ya...it's a great feeling. You've lost an incredible amount of weight already and you're still chugging along!

:clap2:

Hi All!

Not sure if this thread is still active. I was banded last week at 305 lbs. So, I'm hoping to be in "Twoterville" at my post-op visit tomorrow! :D we'll see!!!

Welcome Shannonh! Congrats on the band and I hope you make it to Twoterville real soon. Now, because you were just banded I just want to make sure you're prepared if you haven't lost anything since surgery. Your body has a lot of healing to do and a lot of us didn't lose anything until a few weeks later. IF that happens and you don't lose weight, it won't mean you are doing anything wrong. It just means your body is healing and as long as you concentrate on following your doctor's plan you'll see results real soon. I was a real nervous-nelly immediately post-op because I was expecting to lose weight when I didn't, but my doc set me straight and told me that my body had to heal first. (I just don't want you to put too much pressure on yourself.) You'll do great and we're glad to have you on the team!!

Hi I'm new to this board as well, I started at 385pounds in november and I am 331 currently. Back in november the thought of losing even 50 pounds seemed almost impossible, now getting below the 300 mark seems so much more achievable- it really helps to see so many of you have successfully lost so much weight, it makes the goal seem real

Hi I'm new to this board as well, I started at 385pounds in november and I am 331 currently. Back in november the thought of losing even 50 pounds seemed almost impossible, now getting below the 300 mark seems so much more achievable- it really helps to see so many of you have successfully lost so much weight, it makes the goal seem real

Wow, you have lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. You should be really proud of yourself! If you work at it, your goals are achievable! I love this thread because everyone here has supported me while I was trying to get into Twoterville and now as I struggle through it. I weighed basically 400 lbs about this time last year. It hasn't been easy but I've gone from super-morbidly obese to just obese and in about another 40 lbs I should be considered overweight. That's my big goal in life right now...I want to be overweight!! :nervous So, welcome and happy travels into Twoterville!

THanks Lapbandit

One of the things that has really helped is havng contact with other who have faced the challenge of superobesity. I have not had a local support group and do not know anyone els who has had lapband- I tried a support group similar to weight watchers but most people had only 20 to 40 pounds to lose. I know it was probalby my own insecurities but I felt like a freak, the scales would not go up to my weight ( I wanted to crawl under a rock!), instead of being benefical it seemed to point out just what a huge and impossible task I faced. I don't wish this fight on anyone but I am so grateful to those who share their stories/results, its every bit as valuable as any personal NSV- thanks for the welcome

I just had my one week post op appt and I have pulled into the twoterville station! Woohoo!

And Nykee...YOU are an inspiration to the rest of us! Congratulations on your success and we'll see you in twoterville soon!!!

Molly, I am very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing and my prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses!

Way to go, Carol! Congratulations!

Elisabethsew...only 1 pound to go??? You got this girl!

Well, it's time for the Valentine's Challenge weekly check in.

Week 4/6

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................237......................10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................235......................20..........................8

Libra....................... 254......................20..........................9

Indianlight................ 277......................20........................14

JulieNYC.................. 218......................215.........................3

Elisabethsew............ 283 (-11)...............282........................1

Juliegeraci................237.................... ..10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................235..................... .20..........................8

Libra....................... 253......................20....................... ...8

Indianlight................ 277......................20....................... .14

JulieNYC.................. 218......................215...................... ...3

Getting closer... Let's do it everyone!!

Juliegeraci................237.................... ..10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................235..................... .20..........................8

Libra....................... 253......................20....................... ...8

Indianlight................ 268......................20....................... .9

JulieNYC.................. 218......................215...................... ...3

WOOHOO!!! my weight is really moving now!!! at long last......don't know if i'l make my valentines target but i had a NSV today...I ordered a size 22 jeans knowing they would too small but tha they might fit in a couple of weeks..but they fit perfect!!! can't believe it!!! so now i've ordered a size 20....hopefully in a few weeks they might fit.....