Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Well I am officially in the 270's :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: It took way to long but I am here :) I know at this point that my goal was too steep, I will make a more realistic goal for the next challenge. I just really wanted to puch myself to get as close as I could to 90lbs lost in the first year. My bandiversary is on the 11th!!! With some dedictaion I may be able to make it within 10lbs of my goal which would be fabulous!

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. .........233.................228..............5

Lapbandit.......................231............... ........210………….199.............11

Waterlily........................300.............. .........278.................264.............14

Roiansmom....................299.................. .....299.................270.............29

Libra..............................248........................236.................228.............8

JulieNYC.......................212............... .......199..................185.............14

Elisabethsew.................282.................. ......274..................264 ............10

PeaCeJ..........................338............... ........333..................318.............15

RidinMyHDDream.......297..........................281 .................281..............0

Babygirl1234................260................... .....246..................240..............6

eecelove70....................228................. .......228.................200.............28

Josette...........................351............. ...........342.................335.............7

Lizrbit...........................289..........................289.................279.............10

Molly, I'm sure you can make your goal (or at least close) for your bandiversary! I'll be rooting for you!!!!

Molly-we're both having an aniversary in April!! Anyone else banded last April?

My official anniversary will be the 18th, but I've got my one year checkup on the 12th. I'm a little nervous about "graduating" from my doctor's program. My bariatric center has quite a comprehensive program that you must participate in for the first year. I'll still see him, but it will expand to a visit every three months. I wish there was something I could do for him to express my thanks. What do you guys think about that?

Libra - Don't give up! Look at your success so far! You've done a terrific job. Plateaus happen and then it all starts moving again. You can do it! And a full year...just look back where you were and now to where you are. Can you believe all the positive changes? I'm sure you'll hit your century mark in no time at all!!

Congrats Molly on your arrival to the 70's again. Shall we put on some Partridge family? Watch some Brady Bunch episodes? oh wait, wrong 70's. I'm so happy for you!! I hope to be there soon myself and I will be groovin' to the 70's with you! :)

LapBandit, I think that's an awfully sweet idea to want to thank your doctor's office. I'm just not sure what you would take them. I think chocolate might be out of the question..lol But maybe a plant if they have some??

:peace:

Well as much as I appreciate my surgeon and his whole staff, I think I gave them enough when I handed them the check for 18k! But seriously, if you want to do something nice for them then go for it!

Lapbandit,

Maybe cater their lunch for the day? Possibly a sandwich platter with a large bowl of salad?

We have this great deli near me that does gourmet sandwiches and wraps and makes awesome salads with walnuts and blue cheese and cranberries.

It shouldn't be too expensive and they'd probably love it.

Great ideas, thanks for the help! I'm still debating if it would be dorky or not. Perhaps I will wait until (if) I ever get to my goal. My doctor said he wants my goal to be 150. What the heck, man?! 150 is so stinking tiny and sooooooo far away! LOL. I'm going to try though. But, I'd like to see what 175 or so looks like and feels for me. It would be in the healthy range for my height and healthy is MY goal..."ideal" weight is my doctor's goal!

But, gosh...my first objective is to at least get into Onderland!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Had to do an early wiegh in since I will not be around the scale for a few days. I am down two more! Woohoo!

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. .........233.................228..............5

Lapbandit.......................231............... ........210………….199.............11

Waterlily........................300.............. .........278.................264.............14

Roiansmom....................299.................. .....299.................270.............29

Libra..............................248............ ............236.................228.............8

JulieNYC.......................212............... .......199..................185.............14

Elisabethsew.................282.................. ......274..................264 ............10

PeaCeJ..........................338............... ........333..................318.............15

RidinMyHDDream.......297.......................... 281 .................281..............0

Babygirl1234................260................... .....244..................240..............4

eecelove70....................228................. .......228.................200.............28

Josette...........................351............. ...........342.................335.............7

Lizrbit...........................289............. .............289.................279.............1 0

grats babygrl :confused: you are doing great!

LapBandit, it is not dorky at all, I think it's nice.

As for me, I had a bad spell with a pill last night and now today everything hurts to eat, slimed once, no PB's. I think it's liquids for me for a few days. I swell so easy. I am gonna have to get my hubby to pick me up some rtd protien shakes from the store. I do love the Atkins shakes. What a time to run out of protein! Anyway, it was hard to even eat yogurt tonight so it's definitely liquids. Does anyone think it's possible I have something lodged in the stoma? I'd think if I did I'd be PB'ing like crazy.

Wow Molly, I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough day. I'm not sure if you can get something lodged in there?? Can you call your doctor's office to get their input?

I hope you feel better soon!

Hey Molly, about a week or so ago I had a bad pill incident and it also made me sooo swollen and sore that I couldn't eat right the rest of the day. Even drinking Water felt tight. But, by the next day things were back to normal. So, if you continue to feel poorly then I'd call your doc but otherwise, you might be like me and just need to give your insides a little time to recover. It was weird...I never have trouble swallowing pills but the other morning my darn Vitamin went down crooked and it was hell!

Molly,

If you haven't already done it. Try sipping on warm liquids. It seems to help me when I'm hopelessly stuck.

Yup hot cocoa eventually helped it go through. And today I stick to liquids till dinner when I had a tiny bit of chili 1/4 cup and I was full! I am still tight. Maybe by tomorrow it will be better. One thing is for sure yesterday even yogurt hurt to eat :girl_hug:. I tend to stay swollen for quite a while so I will probably do mainly liquids and a little mushies for the next couple of days. When I can eat a whole cup of mushies and be fine then I can add solids safely. I don't want to risk a dialated pouch or a slip, it's just not worth it. Oh and because the chili went down comfortably I am assuming that nothing is stuck just swollen.

I have been off the lapbandtalk bandwagon for a few months. I didn't realize what a big help you all are to me. I am back and I am happy. I have slowed down a bit with my losing, but I am still losing, so I can't complain.:clap2:

Happy to be back!

Mariquita

Banded July 20, 2006

Beginning weight 380

Current weight 274

Goal weight 199

weight.png