Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need Botox

OK here's the skinny (pun intended). For a 52 yr old overweight woman my face as always been fairly decent looking. No wrinkles, no sagging skin no nothing. Which of course some peeps assumed I was younger than I was. Which I loved. Who wouldn't???

Now...... can I please stop losing weight on my face becuz to me I look old and haggard. My face is NOW SAGGING.:( I have laugh lines. I am not amused!!!! Are there any exercises I can do or will Botox help? What about Juvederm??? A face lift is out of the question becuz I am saving my money for the boobs. This is one 52 yr old woman who gonna have some nice boobs. LOL.:rolleyes:

Deb B)

P.S. I have a turkey neck now too. Excuse my language, but WTF???? I need help becuz sometimes I think I sabotage myself becz of this. Which is stupid I know.

It's not stupid. I'm 34, and will be having fillers and botox done. I've had 2 consults and Juvederm was mentioned for my laugh lines, and botox for my 11 lines (in between the eyebrows) and deep forehead wrinkles. I'm not sure if I'm willing to have her botox my crow's feet because I don't want "concrete face".

As for the turkey neck, I was able to avoid that one. I've been using Garnier gravity defying moisturizer for over a year now, and I see a noticeable difference in my neck when I skip that area.

I've also looked into a mini-facelift, but my derm thinks that's a little extreme at this stage. I can say that my face has changed several times even in maintenance. Fat redistributes, skin changes, and then BAM a new wrinkle appears. I'm trying to wait until I'm close to 2 years out before doing anything to my face.

Boobs and Tummy Tuck are on hold as well because once again, my body shape has changed, and skin is rebounding.

Have you ever looked into Lifestyle Lift? ?? It's supposed to be less expensive than a full face lift? ? ?

Do it! I love Botox! I did Juvederm to my lips last year. I got my most recent round of Botox while I was in Mexicali getting my VSG. Very convenient!

What about a laser? Botox is great for the 11s and the forehead lines, but I don't think it's all that great for other stuff - and especially for sagging. But some of the modern lasers are pretty intense. When I get to the age when some sort of intervention is appropriate, I'm totally going for laser over anything else. Plus unlike a lot of the surgical stuff, the odds of you looking deformed after (think Joan Rivers) are pretty much 0.

What about a laser? Botox is great for the 11s and the forehead lines, but I don't think it's all that great for other stuff - and especially for sagging. But some of the modern lasers are pretty intense. When I get to the age when some sort of intervention is appropriate, I'm totally going for laser over anything else. Plus unlike a lot of the surgical stuff, the odds of you looking deformed after (think Joan Rivers) are pretty much 0.

BBJ is botox just for the 11s and forehead wrinkles? Becuz i am blessed I did not have any and I don't have crows feet..... yet. Just the laugh lines and dreaded turkey neck. Will laser work on these areas and does the dermatologist do it?

It's not stupid. I'm 34, and will be having fillers and botox done. I've had 2 consults and Juvederm was mentioned for my laugh lines, and botox for my 11 lines (in between the eyebrows) and deep forehead wrinkles. I'm not sure if I'm willing to have her botox my crow's feet because I don't want "concrete face".

As for the turkey neck, I was able to avoid that one. I've been using Garnier gravity defying moisturizer for over a year now, and I see a noticeable difference in my neck when I skip that area.

I've also looked into a mini-facelift, but my derm thinks that's a little extreme at this stage. I can say that my face has changed several times even in maintenance. Fat redistributes, skin changes, and then BAM a new wrinkle appears. I'm trying to wait until I'm close to 2 years out before doing anything to my face.

Boobs and Tummy Tuck are on hold as well because once again, my body shape has changed, and skin is rebounding.

Have you ever looked into Lifestyle Lift? ?? It's supposed to be less expensive than a full face lift? ? ?

Tiff, I bought Garnier Gravity Defying Cream. I hope it works!!!!!!

BBJ is botox just for the 11s and forehead wrinkles? Becuz i am blessed I did not have any and I don't have crows feet..... yet. Just the laugh lines and dreaded turkey neck. Will laser work on these areas and does the dermatologist do it?

I don't know, you'd have to book a consultation! I think a filler is better for laugh lines than Botox tho. I like fillers, except for when people go overboard with them (look at Madonna's creepily plump face), but I guess that's the case for anything! And yeah, the lifestyle lift is also something that sounds good. I would also check out this magazine, it's called "New Beauty" - they are basically a cosmetic surgery/dermatology magazine for the potential client, with lots of procedure reviews and lists of docs who do them. It might give you a better idea of what you might want.

Or you could just subscribe to my greatgrandma's vision - she said "The only bad wrinkles are the wrinkles that come from being angry!"