Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought my first pieces of exercise equipment today

Since I have a bit more energy, I decided I want to start exercising. I'm not comfortable with the idea of going to a gym. Still have that fat girl fear that everyone there is looking at me. So, I decided I'm going to do it at home. Since it's cold as all get out, I'm not walking around the lake yet. When it warms up I will - when it gets too hot, and the bugs come out, I know I won't be doing that anymore. I only get a good 2 months in with the walking thing before nature and my allergies put a stop to all that outdoors stuff. What else was there to do? Buy some stuff! I got my tax return, I'm worth a few dollars, aren't I?

I started off small. I got the Gazelle, and the Gold's Gym mini stepper. They should be delivered by Tuesday. I'm so excited. I would love to work out at home, while watching TV, or listening to music. Since my son moved his computer in his room and out of the den, I have the whole room to do whatever I want. Since I got two pieces, my girl and I can workout together. She's been doing the exercises she learned in the Navy with me, and now we'll have some eqjpment to really push ourselves, too.

I'm excited! Wish me luck!

Awesome, we have a treadmill and a bike and I love working out with my husband!

I don't know the equipment you are talking about, I have tried a few "gimmicky" tools like the health rider or so, but I think in the end, it's the basic stuff like walking and riding the bike that we last! But like you said, start small and if you see you'll use it, you can "upgrade"

I'm getting my treadmill today. 5 weeks out, I've been walking with my hubby when we can, but it gets hot quick here in south Texas. So inside is the only way to go. I've been trying to save up the money since surgery, and I finally got enough for an entry level model. I may upgrade later, but basic walking is all I need for now. My knees are a problem--osteoarthritis-- so I want to concentrate on my stamina, not speed. Congrats on the Gazelle--looks like fun.

I LOVE my Gazelle! ~ When I was at my heaviest (270), I could only do 5-10 minutes on it. It helped me get off my duff and get with it. My Dad had one too and did it everyday for 5 minutes...he passed last year at 94.