Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 hours post-op. I'm not gonna lie to you, it sorta feels like I was hit by a bus

In TJ....had surgery with Dr. Rod this morning. Let me start off by saying that my decision to go through BeLiteWeight was one of the best I've ever made. JoAnne was here all day popping in between Heather (fern) and I and making sure we were feeling alright...and this was pre-op! Such a good lady!

Surgery itself was a bit rough for me. I have terrible veins, and they couldn't seem to get a stick, so I was rolled into the OR without even having anything to calm my nerves which we RIDICULOUSLY our of control. I cried all the way into the OR and the last thing I remember telling them was "Please just don't let me die, ok? I'm a newlywed." Hahaha....looking back it sounds so ridiculous that I would say that to them.

Fast forward immediately after surgery....I'm sore, nauseated, and generally crabby. They brought me back to my room, where my mom was waiting. All I had to do was say the words pain and nausea and somebody was in here injecting myself and my IV full of fun liquids to make me feel better, which actually put me out for a few hours.

I wake up a few hours later. My mom is pushing that stupid spirometer contraption onto me and telling me to "suck". I swear that thing was a childrens toy gone wrong, and that the nursing community gets off on torturing surgery patients with it. I suck on the damn thing and get the little balls up 5 or 6 times, and then it's time to walk. At this point I argue with whomever will listen that I will NOT be trudging the hallways in the hospital gown with my ass hanging out. Granted, my ass is tan, but I don't think the whole world needs to see it. Finally we reach a compromise and I'm allowed to wear my black stretchy pj capris under it. Works for me.

The next few hours are again in and out of consciousness. Works for me....the gas pains are sucking like no other, and I'm not even allowed ice chips until tomorrow. By this time it's 10:30 Nebraska time (8:30 TJ) and I'm sleepy. I'm thinking I might conk out soon, so my mom sneaks off for a smoke and some food. Still waiting on my pain med stick to come, but once it's here I imagine I'll pas back out.

Congrats on being sleeved! The worse part is over now, and it will only get better for you. Thanks for sharing your experience, I am looking at going with either Dr Rod or Dr Kelly. It's great they are managing your pain and nausea, I've heard the gas pain is the biggest problem. Hope you get to feeling better quickly!

:hippie:

Kelly

Yep the worst is over and every day it will get better and better. just remember sip and walk sip and walk. good luck

Hey hey ,Brandy - you made it to the OTHER side! Congratulations! I'm sure the pain will subside soon, but the weight will be coming off so you'll know the temporary hell was worth it.

Thanks for being so open with your experiences; that's one of the reasons I love this place: no sugar coating! I'm getting sleeved March 10th so I'm slightly terrified but at least I know what to expect. There's no looking back now! Just gotta keep moving forward and hope for the best!

Here at the hotel, 2 days post-op. Things have been going pretty well. I got discharged from the hospital a day early because they thought I was doing so well, so that was nice. Last night at the hotel was a bit rough. Mom bought me some apple nectar not realizing the amount of sugar it had in it (neither of us reads spanish), and I got sick from that. Afterwards, I took rapix, the pain meds they give you for after surgery. A big warning to those of you who go through Dr. Rod....they are non-narcotic, and for me, didn't seem to do much. I was very blessed however, that I had my xanax with me, and they seemed to take the edge off the pain a great deal!

We went this afternoon to a shopping mall about 4 blocks from the hotel. The exchange rate here is awesome, and I eyeballed some Calvin Klein sandals and Dior sunglasses, but didn't get them because I figured I might need my money for something else. I bought some crystal light and a bunch of juice at what seemed to be like a Mexican Walmart, and all of that seems to be staying down well. My pouch does hurt a little when I swallow liquids, but my guess is that this is due from the trauma of the surgery. Other than that my gas pains are minimal, as I've been walking so much. I can't wait to get back to San Diego, and hopefully hit Sea World tomorrow before we head back to the very cold, snowy Nebraska terrain.

I can tell you that I already love my sleeve, as well as the entire staff of the INT hospital. JoAnne was just a godsend. I can honestly tell you that she far exceeded my expectations, and that the entire BeLiteWeight team has bent over backwards to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Also, I'd like to give 2 thumbs up to Dr. Sanchez, who is the Dr. on call once you're out of surgery. He's been such a sweet guy, and even seemed to appreciate my crude American sense of humor.

Just a little update from my hotel room. I'm sure I'll have more to tell you about once I get back into San Diego tomorrow!

So glad everything went good for you , I'm going to Dr Rod as well so this makes me feel better ..I also take XANAX for anxieties good to know I will bring them with me ....congrats and god bless !!!!

I found day 2 the worst as I was pretty much out of it on day 1.

I wish I had went to Sea World or the San Diego Zoo. I guess I will have to do that another time. Heres to feeling better fast!

THANK you for sharing!

Yay!!! We're sleeve twins!!! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I just got discharged today because my swallow study did not go well at all on day 2 post op...I had too much edema and the contrast wasn't going down...that was my very worst day.

I hope you're doing good...look forward to reading more from you.

Your too funny, walking around the hotel with your ass hanging out...

I don't want that either, big worry of being all saggy and Double gown or 'track' pants for me! My backside is particularly unattractive and I don't care how many times they've seen it before, they haven't seen mine! I'd heard that once you've had a kid you don't care anymore who sees you-that is not true! From my pregnancy and subsequent failed fertility treatments, I'm wanna do a victory dance when I get to keep my pants on!

Good luck!