Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Back

Guest j2blsd2bbig

Guest j2blsd2bbig

To everyone that reply to my other email...Thanks for the encouragement!

Well I am at day two and feel pretty good. I thought I would be in alot of pain but I am not. I have been walking around and trying to allow this extra air to move out. My doctor said everything went great and based on the xray my port was in a good place. I haven't been sick. I am having a hard time with the liquid thing. It is like I don't want liquids, but when I drink them it is not long before I feel weird. I think it is the sign of me being full. I haven't learned what is what yet. I just had about 4 spoon so Tomato Soup and feel okay but full. I ask my doctor PA about Vitamins and protien drinks, she told me not to worried with that just try and get my liquids intake in. Overall I am okay. A little pain on the port side but good.

???--What type of Vitamins are good after the band? What Protein drinks are good? How do you get your daily fuild intake in?

Jackie

331.5/???/175

Banded 4/22/04

I was kind of concerned that you are having Tomato Soup on day 2. That is normally a no no. You should be on clear liquids still. That may be why you feel weird. No Protein Shakes yet for sure. I know everyone's doctor is different but, at Day 2 you should still be on Water, gatorade, chicken broth at the most. I know it is hard to not eat, but it is important for the band area to heal.

Hi Jackie... Hi Denise...

My surgeon allows Full liquids on the second day which is any food that is liquid at room temp...they do say if is not tolerated well to return to Clear Liquids fpr one more day... then they instruct to do pureed for two weeks after that??? I guess every Doc is different.:mad:

The Protein supplement that has been rec. to me most has been powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury http://www.unjury.com/ I have not tried it but thought I would pass it along to you. I did try and Advantage shake and it wasn't bad but it was a bit high in fat grams.

I don't know if that helps at all but wanted to tell you congratulations and glad you are feeling so well!

Darcy

Hi Jackie,

Glad you are back and feeling well. Be sure and take it easy and don't do too much too soon, like I did. Rest and take care of yourself. Each day you will feel better and stronger.

I also started out on liquids the first week and pureed the second week. Enjoy the restriction you feel for now. It seems not to last for very long make the most of it.

What I liked best for the gas was Mylicon drops for infants it is simethicone. It was easy to take and worked very fast. Gas X did not do it for me.

Sending you thoughts for a speedy recovery. Happy banding.

Carolyn

Banded 4-2-04

Hi Jackie,

That "it is not long before I feel weird" feeling is strange isn't it? It took me a while to figure out what the new feelings in my new stomach were telling me. Now at a little over four weeks post-op I am starting to figure it out. My thought for you would be to REALLY pay attention to what your stomach is telling you and don't try to get that extra bite in, your stomach will let you know it doesn't like it. The beauty of the band - it won't let you forget that it's there!!! :mad: My surgeon let me go to full liquids as tolerated - I found the thicker the liquid the less I could eat. The first few days it's all about getting enough liquid in so you don't get dehydrated. Do you like egg drop Soup? That went down really well and gives you both Fluid and some substance. I found that the protien shakes really help with energy. I got some Atkins ones (for ease of bringing it to work) and blended them with ice to make a shake. That way you get your Water in also!!! It tastes like a milk shake. You can also get the powder and get creative, add yogurt, fruit, etc. and make smoothies. The protien is important and I found that it really helped bring back my energy.

Glad to hear your doing so well. Take care and let us know how your doing.

If my scale is right (pleeeeease) I am down another 10 pounds for a loss of 27. :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny

I LOVE my BAND!!!

Guest j2blsd2bbig

I really think that Tomato Soup did me in. I was like huh for about 2 hours after that. I have been drinking crystal light, Water, broth, and Jello. It really seems to be helping. I still have the gas feeling when I drink or eat something. I will go and purchase the mylicon drops to see if that helps. Thanks for your help.

How long did the port pain last? I feel more pain when I get up.

Jackie

331.5/???/175

Jackie,

I think that is a good idea. I can't tell you what to eat of course, and everyone is different. I was on clear liquids for about a week or so, then went to Soup of the hand by the end of week two I believe. Soft scrambled eggs by week 3 and grits. Solids didn't come in until week 4-6. It was a huge adjustment. But, after surgery the band area is very swollen, and if not careful slippage can occur at this time if correct diet is not followed. The boards give you a guide as to what you should eat but, your body and doctor will instruct you as to your best interest. My nurse who administers my adjustments is also a lapband patient (out 2 years) and my husband too, (same day as me surgery) and we all have different experiences even though we have the same doctor

Denise

the port pain

Constant pain will probably last about a week or two. I had my band done 8 months ago and still have some pain if I lay the wrong way but, otherwise I can't feel it

Hi Denise,

I just had a quick question. I am 4 1/2 weeks out and am trying to prune my weed garden, ha ha. But the up and down of weeding has caused my port site to be very uncomfortable. Does this happen whenever you overuse your abdominal muscles or do you think it is still because surgery was only a month ago?

Thanks in advance!!

Of course I am not a doctor, but, I believe it to be because you only had surgery just a short time ago. 6 weeks is usually the earliest to return to normal activity. I know sometimes, you feel like you feel back to normal, and sometimes, it's hard to take it easy, but, if you feel pain it is your body's way of saying....Hey buckeroo........I just had surgery ha ha

After 8 months I still feel uncomfortable doing stomach crunches, or laying on my stomach. If I have to throw up sometimes I will feel stomach pain if I throw-up intensely. (I guess that makes sense) Other than that, I don't have any abdominal pain. So, that's why I feel it is because your surgery was not that long ago, is the reason you feel pain

Denise

I had my band done on weds 5/05/04 and I have to be on liquids this week (Sugar free Jello, broth, popcicles, Isopure (GNC), I took my ABB drinks back. Isopure is good, especially the apple melon, it kinda like a jolly rancher. The other was not for me. I go to the doctor Thurs and begin adding a Protein Shake instead of Isopure. The next week the soft stuff. I live in Tennessee.

hey newlapper, I am in Tennessee too!! which part, and if in Chattanooga, who did your surgery??

I was on Clear Liquids for 3 weeks according to my doctor and his nutritionalist. I was allowed skim milk and day 8 and Protein drinks on day 10. I ate alot of Jello, popsicles and chicken broth. My doctor told me to do 2 chewable flinstone vitamims a day for my Vitamins. They taste good and work well for me. I was also told 60 grams of Protein a day for a woman so I drank the Pure Protein Drinks in a can they have 35 grams of protein. I also drank the Atkins advantage Protein Drinks they tasted best to me out of all of the ones I tried and the had 21 grams of proetine I believe. Congratulations on your band I hope all goes well for you.

Michelle