Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need to vent...

Well I turned in all my documentation to the surgeon last Monday, it was faxed on the 15th. We waited, nothing from UHC. My bariatric coordinator calls the nurse case manager Friday, no call back....Monday, no call back...Tuesday, no call back. Today I call the original person I talked with at Bariatric Services to find out two of my documents are magically missing and that my case manager was out on Monday and is now training a new employee and that is why she has not bothered to call us back. I was so excited yesterday because we were so sure I would have my approval by then and I had my NUT, Counselor, and Exercise guru meeting yesterday. I could have had a March 9th surgery date, now it looks like I will have to wait till March 23rd because my surgeon is out of town on the 16th. I am SO disappointed. When I talked to my nurse case manager the first time she was so positive, said if I had my stuff together it would be a quick approval and now she can't even be bothered to return a phone call. I know it's only two weeks later, but that seems like an eternity. I just feel like crying, I have worked so hard to make sure all my stuff was ready and together so things would go smoothly and now this is happening. I have gone through losing the job I loved (5th grade teacher on her tenure year, proration is just GREAT, huh?) which prolonged my ability to get surgery due to having to change insurance, FINALLY getting a new (much lower paying) job to have to wait more because I had no sick time and a horrible schedule that would not allow me to do my 6 month diet. I finally see things coming together and this two week delay feels like a year.

Sorry to be such a downer today, I am just so, so disappointed. With losing my teaching job and also continually dealing with the disappointment my infertility causes, this next disappointment is just hitting me hard today.

Well I turned in all my documentation to the surgeon last Monday, it was faxed on the 15th. We waited, nothing from UHC. My bariatric coordinator calls the nurse case manager Friday, no call back....Monday, no call back...Tuesday, no call back. Today I call the original person I talked with at Bariatric Services to find out two of my documents are magically missing and that my case manager was out on Monday and is now training a new employee and that is why she has not bothered to call us back. I was so excited yesterday because we were so sure I would have my approval by then and I had my NUT, Counselor, and Exercise guru meeting yesterday. I could have had a March 9th surgery date, now it looks like I will have to wait till March 23rd because my surgeon is out of town on the 16th. I am SO disappointed. When I talked to my nurse case manager the first time she was so positive, said if I had my stuff together it would be a quick approval and now she can't even be bothered to return a phone call. I know it's only two weeks later, but that seems like an eternity. I just feel like crying, I have worked so hard to make sure all my stuff was ready and together so things would go smoothly and now this is happening. I have gone through losing the job I loved (5th grade teacher on her tenure year, proration is just GREAT, huh?) which prolonged my ability to get surgery due to having to change insurance, FINALLY getting a new (much lower paying) job to have to wait more because I had no sick time and a horrible schedule that would not allow me to do my 6 month diet. I finally see things coming together and this two week delay feels like a year.

Sorry to be such a downer today, I am just so, so disappointed. With losing my teaching job and also continually dealing with the disappointment my infertility causes, this next disappointment is just hitting me hard today.

Sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time. Hope you get your date soon.

Deb

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time,

I don't know how I can help but, if you need someone to talk with I'm here for. I was hust approved after

my 2nd denial. Keep hope alive, you've gone through to much not to continue on this journey.

Blsmbry

I had my surgery date pushed back to an insurance glitch, so I totally understand. I know it is so hard. Vent anytime to us! We are here for you. I know you will get your date. Hang in there!:rolleyes:

I feel just like you! I had my last nutritionist appointment on February 8th., I had everything I needed to submit to Insurance at this appointment. I hadn't heard anything from my center of excellence a week later so I emailed the bariatric coordnator. I asked her what my status was as they had everything they needed to be reviewed for a week already. She told me that the nurse practioner looks at the files in order they are received on the desk and at that time mine was next to be reviewed. She said the nurse practioner would review it and then it would go to transciptioning and then needs the surgeons signature and then could be faxed to insurance. (I also have UHC). She stated that once it is sent to insurance I would receive a letter in the mail. It has been another week and still nothing. I took the extra step to call my case manager at UHC to get the 800 number and fax number needed to open a case for me and fax directly to my case manager. Speaking with my case manager she stated that once she has everything she can make an approval within 24 to 48 hours. My problem right now is that is has been 2 weeks that my center of excellence has had all my paperwork ready to send to insurance and they still have not sent it. I know it has to be in the order received on the nurse practioners desk, but really how long does it take to review my file, send it to transcriptioning, get a signature and fax it.....

I am getting so annoyed... I'm going to wait until Monday and if I have not received my letter that it was sent to insurance I'm going to be very angry. All this waiting has really made me lose my motivation. I'm finding it harder to stay on my diet and work out.... I almost feel like whats the point.... If I at least had my letter that it was sent I would feel stronger and see a light at the end of the tunnel....

I find this no fault of UHC. They have been great throughout this whole process answering every question I had, and returning my calls. It is just my center of excellence that has had there own rules and requirements that I had to wait longer and who is holding up the process....

Anxiously waiting!

Kara

I second what Becca said...we are here for you :) Sorry you're having a hard time. It will all come together, no worries...hugs!