Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I said goodbye to all my favorite food friends this past week and i'm now mentally ready for the challanges ahead. I started my liquid diet today (so far so good). I'm sure I will be so tired of protien drinks by the end of the week. Does wine count as part of my liquid diet (JUST KIDDING :P ) I do know better than that.

My starting weight today was 215, i'm 5'5" tall and my age is 48 (in a month). My goal will be to get back to 125 (where I was till I had my 2nd child at age 35).

I know it will be a challange. I know I will have to use willpower I have never tapped into before. I know I will need to embrace exercise. I'm ready, set, go!

Thank you to all who post. I've have been reading everything I can when I can to help prepair myself for this adventure. Your wisdoms and experiences are priceless.

We all wish you the best of luck!

I view it as food and I are no longer lovers and had to divorce. We are now "just friends" and maintain a distant relationship. I now eat to live and not live to eat.

Congratulations on your decision! I started my two week pre op diet on Wed. and have already lost 7lbs. I am already starting to feel better. The first day with liquids was very hard, that night I had the worst headache you could imagine and then the second day got a little better. By the third day, I would drink my Protein Drinks and some sugar free Jello cups and I did just fine! It's funny now, just after this short time, I am already getting annoyed with the "eaters". My family and husband eat around me which is fine but just over the past few days, the sound of their chewing just gets to me, lol. I would love to see what you experience by day 5, lol! My surgery is March 3 and I have never been so ready. Please keep in touch, and add me as a friend because we will practically be going through the same things at the same times and if you need anything just let me know! I have alot more to lose then you do and I can't wait to be as small as you are now! Keep in touch and good luck on your surgery!

You can do it! I think day 4 & 5 were the worst for me as far as cravings, and there was a moment where I really thought I was going to cave and eat something... but I didn't. Today is day 15 for me of just Protein shakes, and surgery is a little over a day away. Your week will fly by! Best of luck.

ILKrista

Congrats to you for being prepared mentally. I am very similar to you, I weighed 222 when I started the preop diet. I will be 48 tomorrow. I am thinking 125 but I have revised to 130-140 based on my body shape-125 might be to skinny for my build. I always made sure I had something to drink and when I had to cook for my husband-I drink some chicken broth prior to cooking so I did not get hungry. Also my husband let go out shopping a lot so he could eat while I was gone. Good luck - before you know it you will be on the other side.

Day two came with a headache but I just popped a couple Tylenal and I feel much better. I weighed 3.5 lbs less this morning than yesterday so that is good.

The weekend will be the hardest. I'm a wino (especially the weekends). I'm also still cooking for the family. My husband is meet and potatoes and my son is a vegetarian (go figure). They would starve to dealth before they would cook themselfs a meal. The 12 yr old would live on poptarts and popcorn and my husband would be at KFC buying the bucket if I didn't cook for them.

I did make myself some wonderful vegetable brooth using onions, garlic, thyme, bay leave, oregano, mushrooms, carrots, & celery. I let it cook down and strained it and it was so much better than the store bought and really pretty easy. I brought some to work and all the other ladies agreed it was a wonderful Soup base.

More fun to come..... Sunday will be Laxative Sunday... WooHoo!

You can do it! I think day 4 & 5 were the worst for me as far as cravings, and there was a moment where I really thought I was going to cave and eat something... but I didn't. Today is day 15 for me of just Protein shakes, and surgery is a little over a day away. Your week will fly by! Best of luck.

ILKrista

Best of luck.... keep us posted on your recovery :D