Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Newbie here!!

Hi Everyone,

I went to my first consult this past Wednesday and have been reading a bunch of y'all's post, but still have questions and concerns.

First, do you get enough Protein post-op to retain muscle?

Secondly, in the first few weeks, is there a lot of nausa and/or vomiting?

Thirdly, do you have poopy problems as well, Constipation and/or the opposite?

Very nervous about if it helps take the hunger or not ever being satisfied feelings away. It's like my taste buds are NEVER satisfied and I can eat and eat and eat!

Welcome :)

It was very difficult for me the first few months to get in my Protein in, but I'm 5 1/2 months out and doing fine now.

I didn't have any nausea or vomiting.

I had seriously painful Constipation, because I was over doing the pain medication (Tylenol w/codeine) and wasn't drinking enough Water or eating enough Fiber. It was one really baaaad episode and then all was well.

Welcome :)

It was very difficult for me the first few months to get in my Protein in, but I'm 5 1/2 months out and doing fine now.

I didn't have any nausea or vomiting.

I had seriously painful Constipation, because I was over doing the pain medication (Tylenol w/codeine) and wasn't drinking enough Water or eating enough fiber. It was one really baaaad episode and then all was well.

When you say you had a difficult time getting in all your Protein, can you go into detail about that, please?

Cant weight I did have a hard time the first week. I am getting in around 60 to 70 grams per day in now..When I was in the hospital for the first two days i was having pain,nausea and heart burn but they got some good meds out there for these symptoms. I didn't vomit not one time.. I know that everyone is different. The day that I left the hospital I was only drinking 30 ounces of Water so I said to myself that I was not going to let this beat me..I progressed 10 ounces a day until I got to my goal. well it took me to the weekend and that monday I started making Protein shakes with Water (the shake also counts as water if you use water to make it) so by the end of the day I was getting 60 grams of Protein and 64 ounces of water..I suggest you find a really good Protein Drink that taste to your standards. I use GNC wheybolic extreme 60 amlified. I can't tell you if you will like it but I really do like the taste with water or milk added. The best flavor I have found was chochlate it almost tastes close to choclate milk . "Trust me if you make it through all the hoops to have this surgery and through all the liquid diet you will do fine. Good luck and keep us posted