Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michigan Sleevers

Susan,

That is Awesome!!! I am in farm hills and I had my surgery on 7/27. I am down 28 lbs. I would love to hear how u have done such an awesome weight loss!!

Jar312

Clare!

Hi Michiganders!

I live in AA. I have enjoyed reading your posts. I am awaiting approval. Susan if I am approved I will be having my surgery with Dr. Kole. I am so happy to read that your experience was positive. When I met with him for my consult, I really liked him.

Good luck to everyone on your continued progress!

I know this post is a little old' date=' but I wanted to add my two cents. I was sleeved on November 22, 2010 by Dr. James PIlkington in alma.

Deakay: I recently found some Protein bars with 30 grams of Protein at the Sam's Club in Saginaw. I've never been to a costco, but it would be nice to have one in the area.[/quote']

Pilkington is horrible! Horrible bed side manners....i feel bad for you!

Hey everyone! Im new to this site and live in michigan...saint johns...small town 30 mins. North of lansing. I haven't had my surgery yet its going to be on september 24th. Also just wanted to let everyone know there is a walk for obesity at potters park zoo in lansing on september 22nd if anyone wants more details on it if ur interested in walking in it. You can do 1' date='2, or 3 mile walk and its thru the zoo...u can register online but im not sure what the cut off date is online or pay ten dollars more to register tht day. Its 25 or 35. But what it does is helps raise money for people like all of us that need these kinds of surgeries done but cannot afford it. Let me know if anyone is interested.

*Jess*[/quote']

Im from Clare, howdy neighbor!

Grand Rapids MI :)

Grand Health Partners

Dr. Foote

10/23/12

Just found out my surgery date. November 19th at St. John in Madison heights.

@DreaDrac congrats! I just had a small set back today. Was told by BCN that I need 6 mos supervised dieting. I had six mos documented but it was WW and they are no longer accepting on-line journals. Disappointed, but it's okay. I will get there it's just going to take longer than I thought.

DreaDrac congratulations! I can tell you its the best thing I have ever done for myself. I was sleeved May 29th. 5 months out and I am down 68 lbs so far. I have a ways to go yet but I feel great!

and Lee, sorry about your setback. I had to have 6 months of supervised dieting also. And dont miss even one month because they make you start over!

Wow! I didn't know this forum was here! I live in Eagle near Lansing. I am having surgery on December 11, 2012 - GHP - Dr. Foote - St. Mary's Hospital. I just got approved and surgery date set last week. I will have to check out the support meeting on Monday night. It's an hour drive but on non snowy days I could do it....I live in Michigan and hate driving in snow...doesn't make any sense at all. :-)

DreaDrac congratulations! I can tell you its the best thing I have ever done for myself. I was sleeved May 29th. 5 months out and I am down 68 lbs so far. I have a ways to go yet but I feel great!

Congratulations! I'm nervous and excited. I know it will be a good decision.

@DreaDrac congrats! I just had a small set back today. Was told by BCN that I need 6 mos supervised dieting. I had six mos documented but it was WW and they are no longer accepting on-line journals. Disappointed' date=' but it's okay. I will get there it's just going to take longer than I thought.[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear that. They gave me a sheet of paper with all of the different insurances and their requirements. Some were more strict than others. I'll be sending good vibes your way!