Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks out tomorrowww!

I was sleeved on 1/26. I went for a follow up yesterday, and I've lost 15 pounds!! I am extremely happy with the results so far. I was taken off my high blood pressure medicine AND my acid reflux medicine! Very, very awesome things have happened...

I was the fifth person in my family to have WLS. All of them had Gastric Bypass, but I had VSG because of my tendency to make kidney stones. My uncle was my surgeon, so I went into surgery not afraid at all. Everything went great- no sickness in the hospital, incisions are looking amazing, support from my family and friends is plentiful... So excited. I am going back to the gym tomorrow. I guess i'll just start with some walking on the treadmill. I will go back to work on Friday... so excited to see my clients :) I have managed to keep up with my classes, as I am a full time student. Everything is just going so great for me.

I am having problems with my Protein intake. The only Protein shake i've found that I can tolerate is the Atkins shakes- more specifically, the Espresso kind! By the way, I don't see how the flavorless Protein powder is flavorless!! I am doing Oikos yogurt, scrambled eggs, the occasional shake, though it's hard to get down, and whatever else Protein I can scrounge up. My surgeon also told me I need to drink more liquids, but I feel like I drink constantly! I guess it'll get easier day by day?

I'm only 19 years old, by the way. I am hoping to find more people my age around these forums because I feel kind of alone in that sense. I do love everyone, though :)

And just outta curiousity... does anyone else feel like they eat ALL the time? I feel like i'm doing wrong by eating so often, but I guess the portion size is the cause of that?

Hello...

How cool to have your uncle as your surgeon and to have so many people in your family that know exactly what you are going through. I am sure you will have plenty of support to make it through these hurdles. I haven't had surgery yet so I can't really help with your Protein problem, however I would not worry about eating so often as your weight loss is fabulous! 15 lbs in two weeks...that's incredible. I would keep eating the frequent small meals like you are doing and just keep looking for ways to get in more protein. Do you put the Protein Powder in your Water like Special K protein plus? I like the lemonade one. I am drinking Premier Protein shakes from costco and they are not bad. Hang in there and keep up the good work...Ann

And just outta curiousity... does anyone else feel like they eat ALL the time? I feel like i'm doing wrong by eating so often, but I guess the portion size is the cause of that?

I feel like Im eating all the time too. But such small amounts it really is not that much. My doc said shoot for three meals and two Snacks, and I guess that is about what Im doing. Congrats!

Ann,

Thanks so much for your support and your interest! :) I use Crystal Light... i am extremely picky about my drinks, so it has been hard to find a variety of drinks after surgery! I use the individual packets of Crystal Light... lemonade and pink lemonade are okay, and I also like fruit Punch and Grape. My mom uses the Peach Iced Tea and swears it the best thing ever, but I didnt think it sounded too appetizing! BEST OF LUCK!!!