Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 3 days. Scared.

Hi everyone, im new here and im getting sleeved 1/31/11. like some of you i am very nervous about this surgery as well. The day i was given my surgery date i almost called multiple time to cancel. Scared me to death. got loose bowels and couldnt sleep. but ive been looking into this process and researching and going to the nut, the psycologist and watched lots of you tube videos. i have lots of doubts, but i really feel like in making the right decision to have this life changing surgery. im 386 lbs, 57 yrs old and have starved and eaten, starved and eaten all my life and im ready to be healthy and more mobile for the first time in many yrs. i have read many encouraging sucsess stories on here and i am getting more at peace with it now and i am really looking forward to gettin the surgery behind me and starting my new life!

I was really surprised at myself. I don't usually get nervous about things until right up until they are about to happen, then freak out for a short time, but I did not even bat an eyelash. I think because I had been mentally preparing myself by going through all the 6 month insurance requirements, etc. and attending support groups, and basically immersing myself in the idea of the surgery. Then, too, add to that the fact that I was supposed to be scheduled for December 16th, and I got a call the day before Thanksgiving asking me if I wanted to come in and have it the following Monday! I was too busy trying to get everything ready, clean house, pay bills, etc. that I didn't really have time to get nervous. It was really an easy surgery for me. Less pain and quicker recovery than gall bladder surgery. At a week and a half, I could not even tell that I had even had surgery.

That's encouraging!! I had my gall bladder out (years ago) and was curious how it compared. My sleeve is in 3 days. Thanks for sharing!! I'm excited and nervous and an emotional roller coaster!! :/

Lee

Don't. Want to tell you how go feel but from someone that had surgery on January 3, 2011, you have my support through this process. Everyone is different so my experience is not yours but I can tell you I did not use a pain pump nor have I taken any of the vicodin prescribed by my doctor. Take it easy and get in tune to the signs of your body and you will be fine. Keep us posted of your progress.

My surgery is in three days. I am soooo nervous. I have had surgeries before and have never really been very nervous before. I am so scared and I don't know why. I know that I will be at the hospital for 2 nights (all other surgeries have been outpatient) so that should make me feel better. I am liking the idea of the pain pump, but I am still just scared *&$less

I can totally relate. I'll be having mine on Feb. 2 and I feel the same way. Not worried about the surgery however, I'm more worried about being able to stay on track and not going back to my old ways. I'm worried about gaining weight back after all this. I hope we both do well. Hang in there and I'm sure we'll both get through this.

WeightAWhile