Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bummed

Sign in to follow this  

So financing did not happen. I was offered to do the No patient left behind program but i have only heard bad things about it....

My mother's credit isn't good otherwise she would cosign for me. I am probably going to ask my aunt (who has good credit) but she is so flip floppy that I am not holding my breath (she had previously offered to pay for me to get weight loss surgery a year ago, but now is telling me i should just diet and exercise and quit making excuses).

*facepalm*

We may try and see if my husband would qualify for a credit card on his own that could cover a portion of the surgery and My best friend is offering to help me save up money for the surgery as she doesnt have many bills and will be moving with us in a couple months (and paying rent) so if all else fails I should be able to have the money within 6-8 months.

It feels like forever but I know it isn't. In the mean time I will work to save my money, lose some weight, and get back on track with working out. I definitely will stick around here as I would like to see everyone's progess with the plication procedure.

So yeah, I am a bit bummed, but not completely defeated.

So financing did not happen. I was offered to do the No patient left behind program but i have only heard bad things about it....

My mother's credit isn't good otherwise she would cosign for me. I am probably going to ask my aunt (who has good credit) but she is so flip floppy that I am not holding my breath (she had previously offered to pay for me to get weight loss surgery a year ago, but now is telling me i should just diet and exercise and quit making excuses).

*facepalm*

We may try and see if my husband would qualify for a credit card on his own that could cover a portion of the surgery and My best friend is offering to help me save up money for the surgery as she doesnt have many bills and will be moving with us in a couple months (and paying rent) so if all else fails I should be able to have the money within 6-8 months.

It feels like forever but I know it isn't. In the mean time I will work to save my money, lose some weight, and get back on track with working out. I definitely will stick around here as I would like to see everyone's progess with the plication procedure.

So yeah, I am a bit bummed, but not completely defeated.

being in a financial hemmorhage really sucks. . .but if it's to be it will happen for you! just hang in there and be patient. . . maybe a second job could help pay for it? just a thought. . .good luck

being in a financial hemmorhage really sucks. . .but if it's to be it will happen for you! just hang in there and be patient. . . maybe a second job could help pay for it? just a thought. . .good luck

Thanks ! The funny thing is we are not really in bad shape financially but they way that our mortgage is set up it makes my debt to income ratio look much bigger than it actually is because at the time I could get approved but my husband couldn't (he had no credit at the time, but we have since been building his up) and I think that is the reason why they didn't approve me (because i have a big ol mortgage all under my name). I should actually be able to save 100 or so from each pay check and I get paid weekly, also I am in the process of getting a second job too, so was funny that you suggested that :). I would take whatever I make there (if I get the job) and dump it all into savings.

Like they say good things come to those who wait, so I shall be patient. :)

Thanks ! The funny thing is we are not really in bad shape financially but they way that our mortgage is set up it makes my debt to income ratio look much bigger than it actually is because at the time I could get approved but my husband couldn't (he had no credit at the time, but we have since been building his up) and I think that is the reason why they didn't approve me (because i have a big ol mortgage all under my name). I should actually be able to save 100 or so from each pay check and I get paid weekly, also I am in the process of getting a second job too, so was funny that you suggested that :). I would take whatever I make there (if I get the job) and dump it all into savings.

Like they say good things come to those who wait, so I shall be patient. :)

good girl! that is the postive that will get you this surgery you want. . . and like you say good things come to those who wait. . . there is your walk of life too, . . maybe now is not the right time for some strange reason or another. . . it's going to happen for you, just wait. . . good luck!

Sorry about the financing. I wonder if u go thru Dr. Ortiz's, Corvala's or Abril's office if it's easier to get approved with financing. It might be something to look at. If u have a car that u own then u can get a pretty low interest rate loan against the car. Even if u do have to wait that'll give u time to prepare urself for ur new lifestyle - start chewing food really well,setting ur fork down between bites, don't drink when eating, etc.

I hope it works out for u soon!

genepha

Approved for band removal with insurance with self pay plication.

Sorry about the financing. I wonder if u go thru Dr. Ortiz's, Corvala's or Abril's office if it's easier to get approved with financing. It might be something to look at. If u have a car that u own then u can get a pretty low interest rate loan against the car. Even if u do have to wait that'll give u time to prepare urself for ur new lifestyle - start chewing food really well,setting ur fork down between bites, don't drink when eating, etc.

I hope it works out for u soon!

genepha

Approved for band removal with insurance with self pay plication.

Good idea about preparing and working on the changes i need to make ( i think also the mental changes i need to make to ) . We do have a car we own, but would that be through our local bank that we do that? I'm not sure that it would get us much of a loan, as its a 98 cavalier lol. The financing i was trying to get was through mymedicalloan.com as world med assist had referred me there. I have not yet talked to any of those dr's offices that you mentioned regarding financing, but that would be a good idea to ask and I would be comfortable with all 3 of those drs because of the reviews about them on here. (since seeing the posts about dr huacuz on obesityhelp that a fellow sleeve boardie told me about i had been leaning towards Abril).

I will give them a call maybe and see what options if any that they have. We are waiting back on the credit union to see if they will loan my husband 2500 so that I only have to save up the other 3000. With our tax return it would be much easier but we have to replace our AC system with that (we live in fl....and ours is completely shot lol).

We took a loan out against my husbands 401k for me to have the surgery, we also have poor credit and his employer provides this loan program so we took advantage of that, maybe you or your husband have something like that with your employers and just don't know it. Ask and see? Good luck.

Good idea about preparing and working on the changes i need to make ( i think also the mental changes i need to make to ) . We do have a car we own, but would that be through our local bank that we do that? I'm not sure that it would get us much of a loan, as its a 98 cavalier lol. The financing i was trying to get was through mymedicalloan.com as world med assist had referred me there. I have not yet talked to any of those dr's offices that you mentioned regarding financing, but that would be a good idea to ask and I would be comfortable with all 3 of those drs because of the reviews about them on here. (since seeing the posts about dr huacuz on obesityhelp that a fellow sleeve boardie told me about i had been leaning towards Abril).

I will give them a call maybe and see what options if any that they have. We are waiting back on the credit union to see if they will loan my husband 2500 so that I only have to save up the other 3000. With our tax return it would be much easier but we have to replace our AC system with that (we live in fl....and ours is completely shot lol).

We took a loan out against my husbands 401k for me to have the surgery, we also have poor credit and his employer provides this loan program so we took advantage of that, maybe you or your husband have something like that with your employers and just don't know it. Ask and see? Good luck.

We dont have a 401k unfortunately otherwise that would be a good idea. For now I am working on getting a second job hehe. Dropping off some apps today after work (hoping I can catch the manager when I do). Omar is letting me put money down to hold onto the current surgery prices (I actually decided I want to do the VSG instead of the plication, just because of the results I have seen nearly across the board with that surgery and the whole ghrelin issue being lessened ). So I will be doing that this month then my best friend, me and my husband are going to just start saving up together til we have the money to pay for my surgery. The vsg with Abril will be 7800, so a little more... but more than likely we will be able to have that within 6 months.

I used to think that was a long time, but really it is nothing and it will make me appreciate how hard i worked to get the surgery, because determination like that is something i need to keep up after the surgery.

My surgeon has an in house finance through Belitemexico. Dr. Rod has some good reviews. Also, if you have a home phone I know a couple of work from home places hiring. I am going to supplement my main job with my work from home job. Its part-time inbound customer service (they have FT) but that extra $225 a week (900/mo) will have the rest of my surgery paid off my the end of the summer (year at the most). PM if you are interested.

We dont have a 401k unfortunately otherwise that would be a good idea. For now I am working on getting a second job hehe. Dropping off some apps today after work (hoping I can catch the manager when I do). Omar is letting me put money down to hold onto the current surgery prices (I actually decided I want to do the VSG instead of the plication, just because of the results I have seen nearly across the board with that surgery and the whole ghrelin issue being lessened ). So I will be doing that this month then my best friend, me and my husband are going to just start saving up together til we have the money to pay for my surgery. The vsg with Abril will be 7800, so a little more... but more than likely we will be able to have that within 6 months.

I used to think that was a long time, but really it is nothing and it will make me appreciate how hard i worked to get the surgery, because determination like that is something i need to keep up after the surgery.

My surgeon has an in house finance through Belitemexico. Dr. Rod has some good reviews. Also, if you have a home phone I know a couple of work from home places hiring. I am going to supplement my main job with my work from home job. Its part-time inbound customer service (they have FT) but that extra $225 a week (900/mo) will have the rest of my surgery paid off my the end of the summer (year at the most). PM if you are interested.

Thanks! I just gave them a call... seeing if we can do in house financing with about half down, his price for the vsg is 1100 less too and i have seen many more reviews about him too... that would be awesome if you could send me some of the work at home places.

That is fantastic!! I am sooo happy for you. Be careful and do your research, like the FBI!! haha

Update btw... GOT APPROVED with belite's financing!

It is looking like possibly Mid may I am going :D