Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know many of you have been through many stalls and some never having any! For those who have had stalls is there a "typical" time line to them? Like at 2 weeks, 8 weeks, 16 weeks etc?

I had my first stall at 2-3 weeks and now I feel as if I might be in another one at 7-8 weeks! I know it's all normal and I should just really watch my Protein and Water but it's always a bummer when you don't see the scale moving! LOL

I know many of you have been through many stalls and some never having any! For those who have had stalls is there a "typical" time line to them? Like at 2 weeks, 8 weeks, 16 weeks etc?

I had my first stall at 2-3 weeks and now I feel as if I might be in another one at 7-8 weeks! I know it's all normal and I should just really watch my Protein and Water but it's always a bummer when you don't see the scale moving! LOL

I'm at 3 weeks and 2 days and I've been stalled for almost a week now. Well, I lost a pound over the past 2 days.. I'm hoping that's still 'stall' territory! And I hope it ends soon!

im in the same boat, ive added 30 minute elliptical exercise everyday, im on day 4 of the elliptical and its not helping, im also trying to add more Water, i have enough Protein about 80g a day, maybe i need more water...oh well we will have to try to wait it out and see..im on week 4..starting weight 199, today 186.2 .

Im 2 1/2 weeks out and I also am at a stall. The scale has changed maybe 1.5 pounds in the last week. I'm staying positive though as I have read this can happen and I'm just so excited that I am not gaining any weight. This too shall pass. :)

Stalls happen, that's a given. But I had a stall for 10 days, I was so upset, so decided to go thru everything I was eating and figured out that I wasnt getting as much Protein as I was suppose to (was eating 40-50gr) My stall broke when I ate 70-80 gr protein! Go figure!!

Dawn:

I think that you and I are on the EXACT same page (recall that we were sleeved a day apart). I had the 2-3 week stall, and then I'm going through another. Grrr. And this time, because I can get more types of food into my mouth, I'm starting to blame me for bad food choices. I feel you. It was so much fun to be back stateside and buy a bit of a new wardrobe, but this is discouraging. Hopefully it will break soon, being 40 lbs down isn't enough. (I still haven't gotten back to the gym though, so maybe it's time).

I weighed in Officially on Monday and was at 200 but over the course of the week I have watched my weight go up 2lbs :( This morning it was back down 1 of those 2 so I am hoping it continues to go down until I officially weigh in again on Monday (8 weeks!!) Over the past couple of days I have really been watching my food and making sure I am at least 60g of protein!! I really do think with me that is the trick!

I can totally relate about putting "bad" choices in my mouth just because my body can handle it now :(

Ok, so my stall seems to have broken. I've lost 3 pounds over the last couple of days, and more importantly each day is lower.

I attribute part of this to the lag that occurs from bad eating. If you figure that over the holidays I was eating high calorie food but small amounts, then it wasn't the actual weight of the food, but its caloric value that I had to overcome this week. Now that I'm back home, it took a couple days to stop the bad eating (like I don't need part of a chocolate bar after dinner, actually).

However, yesterday I think I did have two chocolate chip Cookies, so I don't think its just about being an ascetic, I also intentionally tried to double my liquid intake yesterday (since I felt quite dehydrated and constipated earlier in the week). Ironically, yesterday was a pretty high complex carb day....low sugar, but I did manage to get half a bagel down over an hour. I wonder if it was the Fiber which moved something in me and ultimately moved the scale.

I also mowed through about 5 sugar-free popsicles at night, which in my experience are a great way to get more Water in, and somehow help the scale move.

What seems clear is that the sleeve is going to continue to work for me, but that it's going to go slower, and I'm going to need to get back to doing some exercise if I really want to get to where I TRULY want to be. Right now, I'm just at my average weight for the last 10 years, but that's no where near where I was at the early part of the 2000s when I really could say that I was quite healthy and fit. The sleeve is helping me get there, for sure, but I'm leaning perhaps too much on it as a crutch.

Well after my offiical weigh in on Monday I gained 2 lbs but now those 2 lbs are back off and I'm back to where I was last Monday! I officially weigh in again tomorrow morning so we'll see!

I Know mine is the protein! As soon as I am getting 60+g I'm losing again!!!

Good job on getting through the stall!!