Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

I found out not too long ago that the PS who did my mom's foot "specializes" (supposedly) in post-WLS PS. Or so I'm told. And he's supposedly very aggressive with insurance companies... is reputed to not take "no" for an answer. quote]

Angela,

We definitely need to check into this. I would be very interested to see how he gets insurance approval. I have heard that a lot of PS's won't even consider it. Let me know what you find out.

CATE!!! Hey there girl!!! I am sorry to hear you had a rough time down there, but I know you can get back on track. When are you coming to see us? :mad:

Hi Girls-

I'm back from vacation....haven't posted in a while. My 13 year old broke his ankle in 3 spots just 2 hours after we were home from vacation, so I've been running around everywhere for that little predicament.

Missed talking with you all! How's everyone doing?? Cynthia...I have been thinking of you so much....I know good things are going to happen for you this week. Everything is going to be just fine! I can't wait to hear the news of how everything went after your surgery. Hang in there and keep your chin up!

Time to start planning another get together....Things will start winding down for us this week, so I'm open for anything. My fill has me really tight again. I'm gonna ride it out and see if I start losing again with this really tight fill since I have been on such a long plateau (besides when I was starving myself the week before my bandiversary). If I don't start losing, I'll probably go in for a little unfill because its silly to be eating like a mouse and not losing anything as a result:D

Cate-It's so good to hear from you. You can get back on track girl, just as fast as you got off. Those liquid calories can be a killer:p ....That's great that you only gained 3 pounds though. That's a mere one day fluctuation in my life;)

Holli-my cell phone fell on the concrete in Branson and broke into pieces, so I don't have your phone numbers anymore (as they were programed in my phone and I haven't had time to stop and get my new one yet)....Call me tomorrow at work (I'll PM you my hubby's cell, which is what I have been carrying in the meantime).

Jennifer...where are you?????:)

Sea....glad you liked the HSSH support group...I definitely want to at least try it next month so I can compare.

Angela....Angela...Angela.....GIRL!!! YOU ARE AAAAMMMAAZZZINNGG! I am so proud of you. What an incredible job you have done....I'm speechless:clap2: :clap2:

I found out not too long ago that the PS who did my mom's foot "specializes" (supposedly) in post-WLS PS. Or so I'm told. And he's supposedly very aggressive with insurance companies... is reputed to not take "no" for an answer.

If I end up needing PS, which is very probably judging by my frowny-faced bottomless belly button cavern, he is the surgeon I will go to. I talked with mom this weekend and asked her to ask him if he'd be interested in meeting a group of WLS patients considering PS (down the road) -- just to talk, answer questions, show pics, whatever. Don't have an answer yet, but anything you guys would be interested in? It's a little over an hour away from where we live (we're in between KCI & WoF), but we go there at least once a month & would be happy to give a ride.

MEMEMEMEME!!! Where do I sign up???? I would love to go ahead and meet with a PS at any point just so I could for one get their opinion on how much more I would have to lose before they would touch me, and two...what the costs would be for each procedure. A little road trip with the girls would be fun too :biggrin1:

Hey all, just a reminder. The Bandsters Group is meeting at 7pm this Thursday at the Library on Antioch & Shawnee Mission Parkway. They are having a taste test of their favorite Protein Drinks this month. There are usually aound 15-20 people each month.

Sea - If you want to meet up before hand and walk in together let me know. We could meet outside the Library in the courtyard or nearby. Otherwise I look forward to seeing you there.

Update - My fill seems to be working. It is still real tight and I'm having acid reflux nearly every night which I haven't had since I was pregnant with Brian 3 years ago. However, the scale finally started moving again "Yippee".

Holli - all I know for sure is that he builds incredible cases, going to extremes to get all the documentation. One RNY lady had gone to different PS and been denied, I think 3 or 4 times. He got her approval on the first try (from what I've been told, don't know this personally). I have UHC, which might make it a bit easier for me - the same plan a friend of mine who had RNY has, and she's received approval for her TT at 100% coverage. She has to self pay her brachioplasty, but hey - that's like half priced. :)

I will follow up with mom and see what she says next time I see her. I think she has to see this surgeon next week anyway, so she might just wait and ask then - not sure.

Cynthia-

Just want you to know I have been thinking about you all day long!! I have been praying that your surgery went very smoothly and that you still have silicone left in you:biggrin1: Post on here as soon as you can and let us know how everything went. I'm dying to know what he found out happened to your band when he got in there. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and lots of pain-free rest this week.:notagree

Love ya!!

Robyn

Well girls I've been okay so far...

Still no liquid calories, but the food has been tough. Its so hard once you get back into bad habits. I'm still making okay choices, but its so hard to tell what's good, what's bad. I can definitely eat too much, and I need a fill, but I can't afford it. I was hoping that flying or being in high altitude might change my restriction, but it didn't. I haven't worked out in ages and have no motivation to. The longer I stay at this weight, the more I really feel stuck here. I know I must be at a body set point, but I can't find the motivation to pull myself out of it, doing what I need to do. I just feel so piled on by everything and I can still make food my escape. I need to get my life together, but I need to make this work. I just feel pretty stressed out and overwhelmed and like this is too much for me to handle right now. But god how I would love to just get on the scale soon and see 258 and be in a new decade and past all this stuff that's bugging me (plus exactly halfway). Stuck at 263 still. Part of me is afraid its my old fear of success and reaching my goals. If I could even lose 30 more lbs, I wouldn't be at goal, but I know I'd be a lot happier with my body probably into the 14-16 range. And from there I could keep going. I just am holding on to these pounds. I need to work it and get past it, but I am just in a severe block right now.

Anyway, just needed to get that out there.

Cate, I am so with you. I can relate to everything you are saying. I have been stuck in the same spot for quite a while. Initially, it didn't matter to me because I was making pretty good food choices and still working out 2-3 times a week. But now... I am having a hard time getting motivated. I need something to break my lazy routine! :help:

Maybe we just need to start small and hold each other accountable.

You, however, have had so much happen to you. I can only imagine how difficult your move would be to deal with on top of being newly banded. :)

I'd say right now my biggest problem is that food has gotten to be important to me again. I think about it a lot, try to think of ways to make it taste better, try to figure out what I can/can't have. I spend so much time thinking about it and what I can eat, before I was just on food autopilot. But after all the stress, food is my old friend again. So I make something healthy, like fajitas, but then smother them with sour cream. Or figure that because I ate low-carb all day, I can have a small cup of Cereal. Its not that my choices are down-and-out awful (I still am not living on a frozen pizza and dorito diet like I used to in college), but food is still a big part of my day. How can it not be, when I have nothing else to fill my time? True, I could exercise, and I need to. But other than that. I spend a few hours looking for a job, but that's all! The vast majority of my time is unfilled. So I eat. And I overeat. Its still no binge comparatively, and it won't make me gain weight, but I sure as heck am not losing! And I need to lose more. Just because I'm happiER than I was with myself a few months ago does not mean I am at goal!