Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

I am right now trying to find ANYTHING to pay the bills. The economy is great for manual labor, service industry, etc. But anything professional is not so great. I'm talking to a temp agency tomorrow so hopefully that will at least bring some $$ in

Cate - your job situation is in my thoughts as well. Here's to success at the agency tomorrow!

Though I know it can be just as traumatic emotionally. Try not to stress too much about your binge. As Robyn said compared to the old pre-band days its hardly the same.

Thanks Diane.

Thats true about the size of the binge. And I got stopped midway through, so I didnt get to keep on going like I would have.

I'm just putting it out of my head for now.

Angela, those symptoms you posted on the accountability sight sound serious. I'm worried for you. I think you need to see someone as soon as possible whether it is Hoehn or Malley. No matter what is going on at the office like you said Hoehn will treat you right. And if the the support staff start giving you any grief just tell them you aren't going to take it. Ofcourse that is big talk coming from me who prefers to avoid most confrontations. If the stress of worrying about the rest of the office is too much then definitely go to Malley. Don't put this off.

I'm no tworried about confrontation. My key concern is -- people are being treated inappropriately personally, so will they be treated inappropriately medically, too. And I don't mean by Dr. H, either.

*sigh* I'm out of town thru Friday, which is why I say it will have to wait until Monday.

OK gals I've been a little scared to tell you guys this.:D More paranoid :spy: that if put it in writing it might stop. But here goes...

For the last 6-8 months I've only been averaging 1 pound a week. Actually only about 1/2 to 3/4 pounds per week for the last 2 months. And except for the first 2-3 weeks I never really saw more than 3 pounds come off in one week. BUT now this week something strange (but Great!) is happening. First I woke up Tuesday a pound down from Sunday and thought "Wow! :wow2:at this rate maybe I'll lose 2 pounds by the end of the week" Then I woke up Wednesday & was another pound down, "WHAT?! is my scale wrong, nope still working?:confused:" Then Today I wake up and what do I see? ANOTHER POUND GONE!!! This is just TOO WEIRD BUT AGAIN WOW!!! :loco:At this rate I just might lose 5-6 pounds by the end of the week.:bounce: This just may be my biggest weight loss week since my recovery liquid/mushy diet phases. :D

Strange thing is I don't really know what's causing it except maybe our Chicas Accountability Log. I haven't exercized once since a week ago Tuesday. On the other hand, the food log has made me more aware of what I'm eating. Every day there has been at least once that I've stopped and asked myself "Do you really want to eat this? Your going to have to write it down later. Or are you just reaching for the food out of habit?"

I doubt this will keep my will power in line for long but Right now I'm so Happy!! :whoo:Things were moving so slowly there the last several months I didn't think there was going to be anyway I could reach my 75 pound loss goal by my bandversary Sep 13th :violin:but now its looking just a little more possible. I'd have to lose 5 pounds over the next 14 days but maybe just maybe I can get there, if only I can keep this ball moving a little longer. Wish me luck!

AND THANKYOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT

YOU HAVE GIVEN ME ALREADY!!!!!

I COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS

WITHOUT EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Diane I am SOOOOO happy for you. That is incredible!!!!! It makes me so happy that you are dropping the pounds again! I truly do think the accountability thing is key because I am so embarrassed when I have to write down something bad I ate for the day. It doesn't always keep me from eating what I shouldn't, but it definitely keeps me from eating MORE than I should. The accountability log has been an eye opening experience for me. I hope we can keep it up.......

Also, I am of the mindset that you should exercise to stay healthy....not necessarily exercise to lose weight.....I know....not a popular school of thought. But I went almost 8 months without EVER exercising, and that is when I lost the weight the fastest. Then when I started exercising, didn't really see much loss, although I have to say that it felt good. I don't go for the whole 'muscle weighs more than fat' thing as an excuse for not losing weight when I exercise....You have to build quite a bit of muscle for it to cause you to actually GAIN weight. What I am putting in my mouth is my primary problem:rolleyes:

OK gals I've been a little scared to tell you guys this.:D

Girl....Please don't be afraid to share anything with us. We are all here for each other to share not only in our trials, but in our triumphs too.:D

Thanks for the offer I'd love to go out with everyone. Honestly. I probably sound like a broken record to some but I LOVE Ethiopian. There's a great little restraunt on the edge of the City Market that is the best.

For the Ethiopian "Virgin" it is a food slightly similar to Indian food that is served communally on one large platter and everyone eats off of the same plate. Traditionally you eat it with your fingers using this type of No-Carb Crepe-like flat bread. But they are more than happy to give out individual plates and forks.

If no one is interested in that I never say no to Mexican. But then again should I be considering options that don't include food as the central theme? Oh well still haven't learned what those activities might be.

Robyn - as far as my other post goes. It wasn't that I didn't want to tell everyone. I just get superstitious sometimes. I've felt like I've been holding my breath. Afraid that if I said it out loud to anyone, lightning would strike me down and the weight loss would stop or reverse itself.

Infact I'm still worried this train has stopped. The last 3 nights I'd get on the scale before bed and see that I was the same or a few ounces heavier than I had woke up that morning. I made the mistake of getting on the scale just before typing this post and sure enough the scale is over 1-1/2 pounds heavier than this morning. There is no way I'm going to lose more than that (IF that) overnight. Oh well, It was a fun ride while it lasted. I couldn't really expect to keep losing a pound a day for long. Hopefully it will still keep coming off faster than it did the last few months though.

But then again should I be considering options that don't include food as the central theme? Oh well still haven't learned what those activities might be.

You mean there are social events that don't involve food?????:D LOL!

I for one would LOVE to try Ethiopian food....as long as I don't have to eat any beetles or anything:heh: