Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone up for a P90 challenge

OK guys so here is the deal;

I was getting on here a lot and I would always go and check out the fitness section to see if any of our "elder" VSG'ers had any tips on a good workout. Well I got a little frustrated because rarely would I ever see any new post and the ones I did see didn't really pertain to excersise.

So with that said here is my proposal, after much research my husband and I have decided to order P90 (not P90X) the less advance version. LOL. It is three months long but I was checking out Youtube and the reviews on Amazon and they both give some amazing testimony. I would like to see who wants to participate and this way we can hold each other accountable, we don't have to be on same days but yet be working towards to same goal. If this sounds like something you would like to do respond and send me a private message letting me know your start date. We will be purchasing it within the week and will start right after it arrives. I hope there are more people out there like myself who want to do this and see some amazing results at the end. We have taken such a huge and drastic step to get healthy, why not go one step further and lets look amazing in the process.

I can't wait to hear from you.

Very Respectfully,

Nellybell

I have no idea what a P90 is but I exercise 3-6 days a week. I go to Curves 3-4x/week and somedays I just walk on my treadmill. I am so proud of my exercise habits because I started them almost 7 years ago. It truthfully has been the only thing that I've ever been able to STICK TO for so long. I definitely need to incorporate more exercise, and I did join a rec center (that has punch passes that never expire) but anyway, in addition to my Curves and treadmill, I'm planning on taking some more intense fitness classes and swimming laps regularly in 2011.

I will have to google what a P90 is since I don't know. I'm headed to Curves now so I will check it out later.

Good deal. I also did Curves while I was living in Cali and really enjoyed it. I have to be up so early now that I prefer to do something in my home so as not to talk too much time away from my soon to be 4 year old and hubby. I also enjoyed doing turbo kick boxing I felt so strong afterwards. Please look into the P90 and let me know what you think, but regardless congrats to you and keep up the good work.

Tinel

I have no idea what a P90 is but I exercise 3-6 days a week. I go to Curves 3-4x/week and somedays I just walk on my treadmill. I am so proud of my exercise habits because I started them almost 7 years ago. It truthfully has been the only thing that I've ever been able to STICK TO for so long. I definitely need to incorporate more exercise, and I did join a rec center (that has punch passes that never expire) but anyway, in addition to my Curves and treadmill, I'm planning on taking some more intense fitness classes and swimming laps regularly in 2011.

I will have to google what a P90 is since I don't know. I'm headed to Curves now so I will check it out later.

We have the Tony Horton Insanity workout and the P90X. More accurately my boys have them. My fellas are very athletic. I am contemplating starting one of the programs, but I was really thinking about getting some treadmill action first and working up the DVDs.

Okay, I'm back and I just typed P90 into my google bar...OMG the first thing that came up were GUNS and not the kind you get from working out...really guns to shoot with. lol.

Anyway, now I get it, they are a series of workout DVD's. Cool. I hope you enjoy them. I used to do Tony Little (back in the day...remember him? OMG! I think he now hawks his 'goods' on QVC or something similar.) I enjoyed working out to them, but I'm the opposite of you, I find (with the exception of my treadmill) that I tend to do better getting OUT of the house to work out. lol. A few years back I wanted an exercise ball for my birthday...omg you should have seen my girls hoot and holler with laughter of me trying to do the DVD workout. Not that I let them dictate what I choose to do for a workout, but I find it harder to work out at home because there is always something I would rather be doing (even laundry or whatnot).

I think it is great that you and hubby are doing this together! Please keep us posted on how you like them and what you think about them. And thanks for the congrats, I am so truly grateful that I found Curves and it has worked for me, plus I met a whole new group of friends too and that has been the best part about Curves is the friendships I have made.

That is great! The P90 (I always only heard of the X version myself) seems like an incredible and intense workout. I have a ways to go to get to that level yet.

Like mommy I've been working out for many years. In fact I've always had it in me to be doing some kind of physical activity my entire life, or as far back as I can remember remembering. Right now my schedule includes 5 days per week of treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, calisthenics, muscle toning and my Nintendo Wii. I have everything I need at home in my upstairs spare bedroom. I love it!! I will intensify my workouts as time goes on, and the smaller I get - knowing its harder to lose as we get smaller and our bodies become accostomed to the amount of calories we eat and how much we burn off daily. *whew* Long winded sentence there... :lol:

Let me know how you like it!! I might try that for starters once I get past my Billy Blanks Bootcamp DVD's. Then I'll start P90X, and finally Insanity. Once I complete Insanity - I'll never do another DVD again... heee!!!

Some workouts I have on my wishlist are:

-Taking yoga classes

-Running a full marathon

-All those DVD's I already mentioned

-Boxing Lessons

-Martial Arts Lessons

:) all the best!!!

Just checking in on you NellyBell83....did you get your DVD's and how do you like them?

Ok, big admission here... I just bid on the 6 Week Body Makeover DVD set by Michael Thurmond. Why? Because the darned infomercial looked interesting. Okay, it says you can lose 30 Lbs in 6 weeks. Do I think that's true? Not sure but the whole "metabolism" thing sounded like something I wanted to take a look at.

I already know I won't ONLY do 15-18 minutes per day 2x per week of the workouts... I'll just add it into what I already do. That's just me - I've always been a person who liked to workout and that hasn't nor will it change.

I bid on it on eBay for an open but unused box, and the gal has a 100% satisfaction rating so I didn't feel apprehensive about the purchase. I'll let you all know how it is if/when I get it. I don't want to buy it brand new - not for something like that.

I have been doing the P90 for a few weeks (alternating everyday with the C25K program). I workout everyday and love, love, love both of these programs. I even use the first stretch from the P90 after I get home from running to keep myself limber. I can't wait to see what my body looks like in a few months!!!

If anyone has any questions about the P90 I will try my best to answer them :)

Everyone is doing so good with their work outs, that is so great. While I'm a lazy bum, I need a challenge just to walk down my street. I've heard Amazon things about the P90.

Okay, I'm back and I just typed P90 into my google bar...OMG the first thing that came up were GUNS and not the kind you get from working out...really guns to shoot with. lol.

Hey, target shooting can be good exercise. Especially the 200 yard walk out (and 200 back) to change targets:)

I have been working out for 2 weeks now. I am jogging on the treadmill for a 5 k distance. It started out taking me 48 minutes but now it is down to 40 minutes. I also do taekwondo with my son. My husband and I have P90x but are waiting a little bit to start. My goal is to start p90x when I get to onderland. I have 14 pounds to go. We know several people who have done it and the results are amazing. I can't wait to get started.

My goal has been that when I hit 220, I'll start P90x. Having never been in any kind of shape, other than round, it is a daunting thought. I personally know several people who are working through the program or have completed their first 90 day set. In fact, one of my clients came in recently and we were talking about my weight loss and he said he was sixty days into P90x. In fact, he flexed his muscles and said, "Call the vet because these puppies are sick!" He's a preacher, so it made the comments particularly entertaining.

As my wife and I build up our habit of going to the gym and working out, I definitely feel more and more inclined to start this too. I'm not sure about a challenge and holding one another accountable, but I am completely on board with sharing our experiences on a frequent basis and hopefully getting others pumped too. I'm a little torn with the included workout regimes because you can do the standard P90x or the Lean P90x, which focuses more on fat burn. Clearly our diet and restriction creates fat burning on its own, so it makes me wonder if I shouldn't go ahead with the standard instead of the lean. I've already lost quite a bit and want to make sure I don't end up looking like too much of a wimp... decisions decisions.