Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jillian (Biggest Loser) comment.

Jillian Michaels This sucks. There are long term solutions out there that are safer and cheaper. DIET, SELF EXPLORATION, EXERCISE.

Panel recommends expanding use of stomach bands - USATODAY.com www.usatoday.com

If the old fashion way works than why I am here? Not everyone can quit there job and go on a TV show and

excercise 8 hours a day.

Wow. I think Jillian has some great ideas on weight loss and she's been super sucessful with her contestants on BL, but just like surgery isn't the best option for everyone....just dieting and working out isn't the best option for everyone! Sorry, but I just can't believe her skinny-self when she says "diet, self-exploration and exercise" are the only way. I'm so excited about getting sleeved in February!! Happy Valentines Day to me and my hubby!!! <3

Of course that's what she's going to say. She's making a ton of money getting people to "eat less and exercise". And if the weight comes back, even better! Repeat customers!

I think she's scary.

Oh Jillian...

bla bla bla bla bla.....blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

But experts stress that the Lap-Band cannot stop deeply ingrained behavior that drives people to overeat. And the high cost of the procedure will remain a barrier for many potential patients.

TRUE. Any weight loss surgery is merely a tool. The patient will still have to learn how to NOT over-eat. In fact it will be more detrimental that they learn this, as over-eating can now cause serious physical damage to their new stomachs.

While experts say the Lap-Band can help patients control their weight, it cannot replace healthy lifestyle choices.

"It is a tool to make the lifestyle easier, but not easy. It doesn't help people exercise more or resolve their behavioral issues," said Madelyn Fernstrom, director of the University of Pittsburgh's weight management center. "It's most important for people to understand what it can and can't do."

FALSE. If we are talking about the Lap-Band only, I found that it is indeed MORE DIFFICULT to eat healthy foods. This was because I had a false fascination with what the band would give me. I stayed entirely too tight, as do MOST PATIENTS with the Lap Band. I would vomit all my healthy food, yet anything soft and calorie loaded was simple to ingest. However, it is TRUE that patients WILL need to learn to exercise still, and not to be so tight that they cannot eat healthy. Here's the tricky part... when someone gets WLS, they do it because they need all the help they can get, so chances are they are going to want to be as tight as possible.

Dr. Derek Lowe, a pharmaceutical researcher and blogger, says unless medicine finds a way to address that issue, devices like the Lap-Band will have mixed effectiveness.

"There are certainly people who've had gastric bypass surgery and managed to turn themselves back into their original size by sipping on milkshakes all day," he said.

Again, patients STILL need to learn how to eat healthy foods, smaller portions and exercise. No WLS is going to teach you that. It's merely a tool to address the "over eating" aspect. That is all.

This sucks. There are long term solutions out there that are safer and cheaper. DIET, SELF EXPLORATION, EXERCISE. --- Jillian Michaels Facebook status

I actually disagree with this. This does not "suck". It has saved my life. (Not the BAND but the SLEEVE) She's right about the Diet, Self Exploration and Exercise - but any obese person needs to address more than those 3 things alone. It is a conglomeration of many things, and OVER EATING is a MAJOR part. I totally agree with Waffleking that she has money to make. She's going to make half-assed statements like this to save her business. What I would suggest is when you see this, make a reply to her posts and disagree with her. I doubt she'll respond directly, but at least you will spark up some debate amongst others willing to discuss it.

Thank you for sharing this! It just goes to show how mis-informed so many folks are about WLS. It doesn't stop me from putting the things I shouldn't into my mouth. Only I can do that... but it sure DOES help with me eating too much of it. That in and of itself HELPS GREATLY!!

If it's just the good ole' fashioned way why in the hell is she whoring herself out with Protein powders, body cleansers, fat expellers and the like? ? ? Because she's a douchebag ! ! ! I loathe her, seriously, there's very people that I can't stand, but she's #1 on my poop list and has been for years.

I enjoy watching Biggest Loser and Jillian is a hard ass which in some cases is life changing for the people she trains.

HOWEVER

BL is based on sensationalism... it is what TV is all about .. SO, it comes to no surprise to me that their method of rehabilitation is the "old fashioned way" although no body in a million years exercised a minimum of 8 hrs a day! I believe that everyone can use a little exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle but MOST people who are obese NEED another solution to help get them to that point where they CAN incorporate that into their lives. Her overlying message is a good one but misguided in my opinion .. I know that my obesity problem was more complex then just calories in calories out because my incessant exercising did absolutely nothing when push came to shove... NOW... its a totally different story :D I absolutely love my sleeve and would never be able to say that i have lost 38lbs in only 9 weeks!

isn't she the fitness chick who said she would never have children because she didn't want to "ruin" her body? blink.gif

she's a great motivator, but she still doesn't seem wrapped too tight imo.

isn't she the fitness chick who said she would never have children because she didn't want to "ruin" her body? blink.gif

she's a great motivator, but she still doesn't seem wrapped too tight imo.

If it's just the good ole' fashioned way why in the hell is she whoring herself out with Protein powders, body cleansers, fat expellers and the like? ? ? Because she's a douchebag ! ! ! I loathe her, seriously, there's very people that I can't stand, but she's #1 on my poop list and has been for years.

I must agree Tiff, she just irritates the hell outta me and when I was shopping for my Protein even my usband was like what the hell is this. I told him don't even think about it Im not buying that crap. If we all had her kind of money and no "real" job then hell we would be fit just like her. But like me I dispatch for the state 12 hrs a day and have 6 kids, when am I gonna be able to work out 8 hrs a day or better yet find time to go to the gym...:rolleyes:

Jillian's comments were on her Facebook page I de-friended her skinny butt.

She can say what she wants but she is not a doctor and she can't say one thing will work for everyone. I know 3 people with lap band and it us true the struggle to get fruits and veggies to digest and they both vomit pretty regular. On a road trip for work once one girl had to stop 3 times to get out and throw up . That is not the life I want I have made my choice to get the sleeve to look out world

Me 2 ! Her face makes me need anger management