Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Website advise

I'm working on my two websites (its an on going thing)

I wanted to see what ya'll thought and get some input.

Hows the layout? Font? Do my words make since lol etc. How to get more traffic etc.

Let me know how you think I'm doing because I'm spending alot of time trying to tweak it just right but don't want to waste my time if it's awful lol

Here the links to my two sites

Double D Donations

Trufolk.com

I also wanted to know if you felt I did an okay job answering the email I have received so far on my donations site.

I think both sites are very well done. Easily navigated and understandable. I think your comment and response to the one particular email was very "spot on". LOL!!

Thanks penni, I was worried about if I had answered that one okay lol.

easily navigated is a good thing! My old site I came to find I was the only one who understood it!

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who could understand what I was saying lol

Thanks for taking the time to look :cool:

Nana~

I understand the Trufolk site. You are selling costumes. What is the DD site? Are you asking for donations for your plastic surgery? I didn't get the donation part. The site is informative about your weight loss, but I don't get the donation part.

Yes, people can donate if they want too, or the can click the ads to learn more about procediures they may be thinking about getting themselves or just curious, that also donates to me. People do not have to donate money to me to visit the site or read my info.

I like the feel of you websites. The only suggestions I can offer is that on your trufolk site you need to make each page fit the theme you are going for. Think about three objects you can put on each page to make it "flow". For example: Have the same background/buttons/links in the same spot, etc.

I understand that you want the pages to match the feel of the objects you are selling, but the "store" needs to have the same background/feel. Use your images to set the tone, but keep some things the same.

You have a very good eye, you just need to make the pages flow better for the reader. That way they won't get confused.

Just an FYI: So you don't think I am just blowing smoke or something. I teach a webpage design class, and have reviewed many sites professionally (most recently the Yahoo TV site). So take it for what it is worth.

Also to get more hits: in your meta tag be sure to include any/all words that a search engine may be looking for. You can also check with the major search engines and see how much it would cost to be a "sponsored link". If you know of a website, for example LBT, you can ask if they have a sponsors page, or a links page that you can add your links too. It never hurts to ask.

www.davesite.com is also a great place to learn HTML and find resources for adding and making money on your site. He offers great information and I often refer my students there for after school "tutoring" if they can not meet with me one on one.

Here is the link to the making money with your site chapter:

http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/chapG1.shtml

Good luck!

I'm looking at your sites now and will post things as I notice them.

On your surgery site:

You say "Email from Linda" but then say "My name is (blanked out)." Might want to watch consistency with your confidentiality. That's more of a general suggestion, with one specific example.

I'd suggest taking up a little more of your real estate - perhaps developing an a dynamic format so that you can accomodate different resolutions. It looks like I'm viewing at a higher resolution than what you're developing at, so about 40% of the space is "wasted". If you test with multiple resolutions, you can use simple tricks like dynamic columns to accomodate different resolutions and get the most for your money in terms of real estate. For people like me, it will make all the difference since I won't have to scroll through 4 pages when all the content really will fit on a single page.

Reuse your buttons. Agree with what was said previously on spacing, etc. You also have inconsistencies - e. g. "About Me" and "AboutMe" on different pages. If you don't know how to build dynamic content, use a table approach or even (ack) frames -- they'll help you get the idea, and for a small personal site they'll serve their purpose.

Trufolk site:

Do you want this to be a personal site showcasing your hobbies, or more of a low-level ecommerce site?

Hi Plunder, just some observation and opinions.

On the True Folk site, I think the font on the title page should be smaller. (the area where you are describing your business) and personally, if it were me, I'd take off the Double D Donations link from this site. I'd keep the business separate from the donations needed for surgery. I don't think the two mix in a professional sense. I'm a Rennie too, and I know we have a more relaxed view of things, but if I'm looking to buy, it's a different story.

Great costumes on the costumes page. I would suggest using thumbnail images with the option to click on them for a larger view. Also, maybe having someone wear them instead of on a hanger. IOther than that, it looks great!

Hi, LOL I know NOTHING about puters, but looked at your site. i was able to find everything, and I must say your a very talented seamstress :clap2:

But I was confused at first, cuz I was at the first page with family pic and then at the Can Can page. It took me a min to figure out the whole deal.

But I REALLY like your costumes, are you still making them? lol cuz it looks like to me you sold them all!!!!!

Poodles, I will check out that link thank you very much for the info I am just learning as I go :)

Wheetsin,

I changed the name to Linda, thanks for pointing that out, that was not the name I blanked out though lol

I will have to figure out the real estate issue like I said I'm learning as I go thanks for pointing that out.

Trufolk is basically just showing what I can do or have done, the main thing I sell on that site and on Ebay is Cloaks. I don't pre make dresses too costly and you have to find someone to fit the dress.

Leener,

I think the font again will be a real estate thing I'll play with it. Looks fine on mine but may be horrid on others screen. I'll play w/ it some more.

Thumbnails is something I'm working on now, like in the tribal creations page or the cloak pages, is that what you mean? If so I'm doing that slowly it takes me a while cause I don't really know what I'm doing lol.

I agree on the photos not on hangers but those are LONG gone and I cant retake those photos. :) I started taking photos in costume.

Meow,

Yes I have sold them all, I don't keep them long They go to Ebay.

Or were special made for people. The only thing I keep on hand are cloak materials.

Thanks y'all for the good and the bad.

Something else to consider is how your site will look on different browsers. In theory, if your code is 'standard' it should work on standard browsers, but unfortunately that isn't always the case. I would at least make sure to check it on IE and Firefox.