Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the Journey Begin

I'm sure my story is one that is far from being unique. I have been overwight since I was a child, and since I am currently, 38, that was quite a long while ago. I have spent so much money on trainers, classes, exercise equiptment, bootcamps, books, etc. that I feel that although I was an expert on HOW to lose weight, I just couldn't seem to DO it. As health care professional, people asked me to recommend something for weight loss at least once a week. As I tried to control myself from rolling my eyes, my mind screamed" REALLY?, Look at me, if there were some magic pill, surely I would be taking it!" I could get to the 40 pound mark, but after that, it seemed a done deal.

I never considered weight loss surgery until I realized how long it had been since I'd bought the last book, signed up for the last class, or touched that exercise equiptment. I realized that I had finally given up and that once this happened, I had slowly been getting bigger and bigger. At first, it was with sadness, that I approached, the idea. Then, after doing research, I realized that choosing WLS was not another step in giving up, it was finally a step in aquiring a tool which could permanently help me with my health.

Well, I finally was given this tool when I was sleeved on November, 17th. I hope to share my journey and hope that it will inspire others and the many members on this forum have inspired me.

weight.png

Well howdy! Join the crowd....chubby since childhood here too! My surgery is probably going to be in Jan......how did yours go? Oh, and welcome! Tracy

Welcome Bayu. I have a similar story, but Im 57. Many people here have been able to lose all of their weight at times, then gain it back. I, like you, maxed out at 35-40 lbs and then just stalled until I started to go up again, for me very slowly. I have kept some of my good habits, but getting older and starting to take meds for co-morbities... those good habits just weren't enough to keep me at even my highest weight.... That and the co-morbities themselves were the reasons I started looking into surgery. I will get my surgery in January, and am so happy about it! Keep letting us know how you are doing girl! Some very friendly people here for you.

Welcome on board, being in health care and having the sleeve will let you give unique insight on the board.