Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sign45.gifI have read a couple of posts that mention being annoyed over celebrities who lose weight through surgery and will not tell the truth. For a few weeks now I have been really bugged by two people in particular one of the is Kelly Osborne. Here is why, she has been overweight her entire life she has talked about not caring on the reality show she was on with her family, then recently I see her on E, stick thin, except for her legs she is stick thin, I thought: "Man!!!!! How did she do this???" Then a magazine came out with her talking about how she did it, no carbs, gallons of Water a day. Okay....but for some reason I wonder if she has at least had the lap band. Then yesterday the second one that I thought: "REALLLLLLY" was Wynona Judd, another one who her entire life struggled and now is looking thinner and thinner...she says she is losing tons of weight through electroneuro something therapy. Again I am happy for their weight loss BUT seriously if that's all there is to it then everyone else should be able to do it too. Who do you guys suspect of having surgery in Hollywood? Another thing I wonder is Oprah...she has never even once talked about it and she has the money and insurance I am sure to cover it. What's your take? confused.gif

I read Sharon Osbournes book/ autobiography, and she tells quite plainly how she got the lap band. She also talks about how many plastic surgeries she had afterwards, whole body lift, cheek implants, everything. So I wouldn't be surprised if she had Kelly go for the lap band as well, or something similar. If I discovered this surgery at a late age and thought it could help my daughter avoid a lifetime of the same, I would get it for her!

Not sure about Wynona Judd, but she was doing commercials for that fat liquifying stuff, "alli". But yes, who knows?

i believe it is completely do-able for people to eat no carbs and drink a ton of Water a day and lose weight. but not everyone wants to do it. is it healthy? ya, maybe so. but you have to realize these people are in the spot light, and they have money. we see celebrities lose weight and gain weight in a matter of months. they do it for movie roles, etc.

it's because they can afford to do so. i mean if i had a chef, a personal trainer and a life coach pushing me 24/7 and a slew of people around me eye balling what i'm doing/eating, then yep, i'm sure i'd lose the weight too.

i don't think Kelly Osborne had any surgery. she's been yo-yo-ing ever since i've seen her on tv and in the spot light.

as for Oprah, she has dealt with her weight her whole life it seems. sure she can pay for any surgery she wanted and then some, but i'm sure she is a firm believer in eating right and exercising: the non-surgical route. and plenty of obese people it as well. some people do not want surgery, that's normal

i can't think of anyone else in hollywood who would have WLS other than those who have already come out and mentioned it. but if they did have it, it would come out eventually. people like to talk

I told my husband the same thing a couple of months ago. I wonder how many "stars" will hear about this surgery and

have it done . I bet some that are only 25-30 lbs overweight will do it.

How about Drew Carey and Jonah Hill.......Both men melted away before our eyes and both men claim diet and working out. Yet neither of them have developed any muscles. I don't believe either of them. What is the big deal in admitting you had weight loss surgery? Does it make you feel like some kind of cheater cause you didn't do it the so called hard way? I haven't had it yet, but I will soon and I am VERY thankful for this option.

Jonah hill for sure.

John goodman

My mom and I were having this same conversation the other day. I have heard rumors about Jennifer Hudson, but I don't know. I know Weight Watchers can work for people and I imagine she has more support than the average WW attendee given that she is their spokesperson. .

I think Drew Carey definitely did.

I also suspect Kirstie Alley, who has just lost over 100lbs. I know she has done it before and put it back on, so only time will tell if she sustains the weight loss.

I was thinking Kirstie Alley too. It would be so cool if everyone "came out" at the same time. I know its up to each individual, and some don't want to tell, but it would just change the dynamics so much faster if everyone did!

I have no reason to believe they had WLS. Kelly Osbourne did DWTS & that is when her weight came off. Just because we choose to lose weight this way, does not mean that other people can't do it the traditional route. Their weight loss without surgery doesn't negate our weight loss with surgery. No matter what.... it is about coming out healthy on the other side!

I agree with Sonja. Also, of all the people who have come out about WLS no one talks bad about them. Just good for them, glad they are healthy. So why wouldn't the other celebs just tell, they wouldnt have anything to lose. Not to mention with the way people are nowadays someone would rat these celebs out if they had weight loss surgery. A nurse or a doc or someone. So yeah I think they are legit.

I suspect that celebs have all the money in the world to travel the world where this surgery has been going on long before it ever hit the US. So they can travel, vacation, hide their identity and pay for silence. I honestly think that only time will tell. Kirstie Ally is pretty old to be losing such a substantial amount of weight "again" in such a short amount of time. Her success will reveal the true answer as we all know, the chance of successful weight loss and keeping it off is about 2.5% and she has given it a heroic effort many times over. Again, health is the real issue and if it can be done and kept off in a healthy manner, fabulous!!!

If I had the financial backing, I would fly to the ends of the earth to have this done. I am so envious of all of the successful sleevers here. I enjoy reading and seeing your successes... Thanks to all of those who share.

I hope they did have surgery... their chances of staying a healthy weight is much improved with the surgery. There is still a stigma attached to this surgery. Not everyone feels this, but many do... Thats one reason that many here have told no one. I tell almost everyone if given half a chance, and have had good responses. Not everyone has this experience. Look how the tabloids whipped Star Jones! She did "lie" about it, and this gave fuel to the fire....but still.

Did Aretha Franklin ever admit to WLS? She's another that dropped a lot of weight.