Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First day mushies!

I started mushies today! I am so happy!

I had an ounce of greek yogurt about 3 hours ago. All went well. So now I just had an ounce of cottage cheese. I sprinkled in a bit of seasoning to give it a bit of savory flavor. I'm am soooooooooooooooo happy that all is going well.

I never would have thought I would be so excited to eat ordinary food. My NUT cautioned to keep the new foods to 2 a day and go really slow. So those are my 2 for today. She said do eggs/egg beaters last because those are the things that most people have the hardest time with. Does anyone echo that about eggs?

Just wanted to share my happiness!

I've been on mushies a few days now and eggs have been just fine for me.

So far I've had

baked potato with cheese and sc

Soups

chicken with hot sauce and bluecheese crumbles

chicken salad

egg salad

watermelon

cottage cheese

hotdog

eggs

soggy Cereal

eggs were probably the easiest for me. I soft scramble one egg every morning and eat it with a spoonful of sour cream and some salsa and I am in heaven. Sometimes it takes me 30-60 minutes to actually eat it but that's fine. What I've had problems with is potatoes - mashed/baked - but no problem at all with yams. I also had a problem with avocado when I first went on mushies but I am 5 weeks out tomorrow and had some today and it was fine. It's funny how different foods react so differntly on different people!

eggs were okay for me, too. I've only tried it once because for some reason I kept thinking it would make me sick. I scrambled one and ate half of it and a piece of toast.

Pamela- it took you 1/2 an hour?!? I'm wondering if I'm eating too fast......

I never would have thought I would be so excited to eat ordinary food.

So true, so true! I remember a similar feeling when I was finally moved to stage 2 and got to sip chicken broth (I'm not on mushies yet).

Congrats on being at this new stage and having a positive experience!!

Yay! Glad you get to eat some real food!!! :)

I am 4 weeks out and just got to start on some new foods! eggs don't make me sick, but don't feel right in my stomach. Im not sure how to explain it.

Hooray for the mushies! I absolutely loved eggs -- they still remain my go-to-food. For some reason, they (and tuna) do really well in my stomach and my taste buds like them a lot too. I was never a big tuna eater before, but now I am -- weird. So yay for the mushies -- I think eggs were easy to eat, but then again everyone's different. :)

I know where you are coming from. I was totally excited about my mushies..

I am still not alllowed meat and limited fruit (carbs), so I do a lot of eggs. I get a cheese omelet at a restaurant on Sundays, and it makes about 4-5 meals for me... I didn't used to like eggs that much, but now I love them, which is odd to me. My first egg when I was allowed mushies was the best things I had ever tasted I thought! ...lol

I do greek yogurt and add Protein powder. That gives me over 20 ounces of Protein for 1/2 a small container of yogurt. I also do alot of cottage cheese, and sometimes mix it with applesauce (I know - it sounds gross - but I love it). I do a Protein shake in the morning, which keeps me full for hours. I then try to get in liquids. Then I do my egg for lunch and then more liquids. I then have to remind myself to have food for dinner, which is when I usually have my yogurt.

I know some people don't do eggs well, but I have no issues, and they keep me really full for a long time.

So far I had:

cottage cheese

greek yogurt

refried Beans

egg beaters

SF pudding

Without any problems. I haven't had REAL eggs yet, but the egg beaters are fine for now. I do love eggs normally, so glad to know that didn't change.

It is getting a little repetitive, lol, but I've got one more week with these before moving to the next stage. The one thing I don't do (except once to try it) was the SF pudding. I ate half the container, the put it away in the fridge. And it didn't keep real well, (sort of watery) plus it doesn't have any protien in it, so why bother? I need to probably buy some unflavored protien to add to things to boost my protien in certain foods.