Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi there!!! are there really gay people here?!?!?!?

Hi everyone I'm from Ireland. I had my sleeve op August 24th 2015. I have lost 73 pounds. Im happy out ????????.. Good luck to anyone who has a date for theirs. Best day of my life having it done x

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App

Yay I found my people!

I don't have a surgery date yet but I'm expected to have the sleeve done next month in July :)

Congratulations all! I was sleeved Feb 2016 and it's the best thing have ever done for myself! You will not regret it [emoji4]

@@danser I haven't had surgery yet. Just found out self-pay is the same as going thru my insurance and I don't qualify for a loan. Trying to beg family to loan me the $$. I was approved (and it was paid for) a few years ago-but I walked..

Have you considered Mexico? A lot of people here have gone that route and are thrilled.

Have you considered Mexico? A lot of people here have gone that route and are thrilled. Yeah, I hear you. I have gotten medical treatments in Mexico before and was very happy with them, but in this case, after care will keep me in the United States.

My insurance specifically does not cover any bariatric surgery. I ended up going to Mexico and had a wonderful experience. I bragged so much about it, my nephew and brother in law, both have gone down there and had their sleeves done. Mine cost me $4400 and $200 for my airfare, which is about my insurances deductible. Good luck on your journey!

Hi All! I'm new to the forum and newly sleeved (7/22/16!) I went the Mexico route too as mine was self pay. I'm happy to have found this group!

GACaldwell I went to Mexico as well...welcome.

Hey Ann LGBT friends are here and very supportive. I live here is North Texas with my husband of 2 years, been together for 12. Good luck on your journey

*raises hand* Me!

Welcome. smile.gif Glad you have a date. Best of luck! Yes, it can happen so soon. My initial consult was May 12, and I had insurance approval done and surgery completed on July 21. Granted, I had a short window, because I needed to have the surgery done and recovery well under way by the time I went back to school in late August.

Wow, that was really fast! I started early June...first consult was June 8, but it took me all summer to jump through hoops and get initial clearance letters from a handful of doctors (pulmonologist, cardiologist, primary and endocrinologist, because of diabetes). I wasn't able to get my surgery date until September 6, my first day back at school. I wanted to have it done during thr 3 weeks I had off, with about a week to spare for recovery. That didn't happen and I was disappointed. I am now scheduled for December 23, since I can't take off now. Hoping and praying for a quick and easy recovery. I have about 9 days to recoup enough to return to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Thought I'd drop in and say hey fam!

34, NYC resident. Sx scheduled for 11/10 and I can't wait! Spent literally 25 years as a large person. It'll be damn nice to not be the fat friend anymore.

How is everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Welcome @@NYCDreamer! So exciting as you get ready for surgery! By the time I got to my surgery date I was BEYOND ready! LOL Looks like you've already done an amazing job at dropping weight! Good for you!!

Thank you! I'm super ready lol. And yes, I've gone far passed my expectation preop. The 6 month doc supervised plan really changed my life. I developed different habits and it made me prepared as best as I can be for life after sx. I know some ppl don't want to wait, but I'd recommend that to all!

Thank you! I'm super ready lol. And yes, I've gone far passed my expectation preop. The 6 month doc supervised plan really changed my life. I developed different habits and it made me prepared as best as I can be for life after sx. I know some ppl don't want to wait, but I'd recommend that to all!

I had to wait because of my work schedule, but it's been interesting because it it forcing me to REALLY look at my bad habits. It is highlighting all my bad choices and really looking at what has me give in, give up and say "wtf, I'm already fat" and "what does it matter, my sugar is alresdy high"...."I mean, I HAVE to eat, right?" I think it's partially laziness and partially hopelessness. I completely lost sight of even the IDEA of being a thinner, somewhat "normal weight" adult. Until I came across an article written in one of those free magazine-type papers (by my now current surgeon), I had completely resigned myself to being fat for the rest of my life, and watching my diabetes get worse and worse. I think VSG is the answer I've been waiting for. So, if I have to wait a few months, so be it. Hopefully, by next year, I'll be waving my little flag at PRIDE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App