Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lizard in the house

Eewww! That looks just like the one I had in my apartment in college. I don't like "squirmy" things, so I called crying to my mom and kept her on the phone hysterical for an hour! We also used to have the little mutant geckos w/the clear skin (and you can see all their internal organs! Blech!) in our dorm. I was laying on my bed, looked up at the ceiling and saw one of those freaky little buggers - I jumped off the bed and it fell right where I'd been laying. Yuck! I didn't sleep again for days.

It wants out as much as you want it out. Try to capture it in a shoebox and then throw the lid on it quickly and take it outside. It's probably starving so using somethung they would eat as bait would be good. too.

I never kill something if I can get it outside. They are just trying to make a living too, you know? Plus, I just feel strange killing something alive with no thought about ending a life, no matter how small.

oh i would just leave it alone. I did a little bit of looking. This guy is not poisonous. Salamanders (some of them) can give off a toxin in their skin. But this guy is harmless I think, and is just looking for a warm house and a good meal. Let him hang out. Once all the bugs are gone in the house he will leave again.

I found this great pic of one. I love his smile!!! They really are good to have in the house. Trust me.

I don't want to kill it, I want to get it outside, we tried to get it inside a bowl with a lid but it ran under the sink....i'm afraid it is starving...what do they eat? What would lure it out?

you can't lure a lizard. lol they eat bugs. ants, roaches, beatles, etc. Just let it be. You will see it again eventually, or it will find its own way out of the house.

Hey Heather, I have an idea....

try getting some house plants - couple of them - place them in different areas of the room you think Lizzy's in. Lizards/Gecko's LOVE plants - at least they do over here. Maybe this would confine it to a place where you can see/catch it.

THAT is a fabulous idea!! Plus, the little buddies in the plants will really stuff him full. You might want to even leave the plants in there and let him be. He could really enjoy hanging out in there.

Can you tell i am a gecko lover? LOL I just love geckos and lizards. The kids and I have so much fun with them here in florida. I even help a gecko egg while one hatched. It was a really cool exp.

Amy,

I like those little things too. But they RUN fo their lilfe when they see us... My Anne is the BEST lizard catcher in the South.

She literally LOVES them to DEATH! LOL - no lie!

One time she wrapped a lizard up in a baby blanket - had it named and all.

She left the blanket alone for a few minutes and I noticed the lizard hadnt ran away... it was DEAD! poor little guy.

I later figured out WHY she named it "Squishy".

LOL when we moved here our cat elwood just decided he was in hog heaven. he sits and chirps at the window all the time. anytime he can get outside he goes crazy chasing any lizard that comes into view. We also love frogs and toads. We have a little toad that lives on the back porch. He comes and sits in the dog's Water dish every night, then goes on the hunt for ants and aphids on my gardenia bush. His name is Frank. LOL My daughter named him that. Her stuffed monkey is named "monkey". Her stuffed dog is named "Dog". She wanted to name her fish "fish" but we see the frog and say what do you want to name it? She looks at him and thinks... "I think his name is Frank" LOL

We have lots of lizards and "Horny Toads" (that what they call 'em) here in West Texas. I love having them in my YARD. My cat loves them too. HE sneaks in the house with them every now and again. If the poor thing is still alive after the cat finishes with it - or I notice it - I try to get them outside. We live in an older house with floor heaters in it. You know, the big old grate in the middle of the floor.(it's on the To-Do list to have replaced by something more efficient) When the last winter rolled around, my husband took the grate off to clean it out and light the pilot. Yeah, you guessed it, there was a dried up, shriveled lizard in it. Poor thing, I'm sure it was trying to find refuge from the cat! lol I would much rather have a lizard in the house than some other nasty pests.

Terry

My niece has a drangon lizard, and its the cutest thing. It will just sit on her shoulder and watch tv with her for hours. Crazy but so cute.

Awww Heather I hope that little guy is finding food. And I hope you can get him out safely

I'm afraid he's going to die under the sink. So far I haven't seen him again, I keep looking at the floors thinking he might run out one day. The sink is impossible to move so I have no way to know if he's still under there or if he went some place else. If he's still there I'm sure he's not getting any food.....I feel bad, but I dunno what to do...there isn't any place to put plants in my bathroom...other wise i would trie to lure him out with some plants...

Jack...your ex isn't hiding under my sink...i think...:straight