Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI...but I GOTTA ASK!!

I'm scheduled to be sleeved on Sept 29th! WOO HOO, FINALLY! I have been put on a two week liquid diet. My instructions are to have 5 suger free Carnation Instant Breakfast w/1 cup of skim milk for each pack...to which I also have to add an extra scoop of about 20g Protein mix. I use that extra scoop at night, with "dinner" and pack an extra protein punch at night when I'm at home...to keep the hunger away. Works good.

Other than that, it's Clear liquids. chicken and beef broth are my best friends, cause it's something salty and more savory. EVERYTHING else is sweet, so I need that. Plus, each can has a total of 6 grams protein, and drinking it hot really helps with feeling more satisfied. Gotta check the labels on the chicken one though. A lot only have 1 gram protein per serving. Oddly enough, I found Swanson brand to have the 3 per serving...but ONLY the one with 33% less sodium...with a pop can like top. If it's the 33% less sodium with a regular top, it only has 2 grams per serving. Will NEVER figure that one out.

Anyway...here is my TMI question...is it normal, or has anyone else dealt with this? liquids are what goes in...and liquids are what comes out!! Doesn't matter which "#" I go...it's pure liquid!! Seems logical. But seems to me I heard that just because you're not eating "food", doesn't mean you can't/won't have normal bowel movements. But I'm seriously questioning that theory! Is something not right, or is this just one the "rites of passage" into sleevedom? And the GURGLING that goes on...holy mother of things that are loud!! :cursing:

I would check with your doctor. I still had regular bowel movements with a liquid only pre op diet of one week. Also, after my sleeve I had a feeding tube for 3 months. I was having only liquid bowel movements and thought the same thing as you, "I assume that is just what happens if you are only getting liquids in" But it turned out I had C Diff. Have you been on any antibiotics lately?

No antibiotics. But I think I'll call the nurse (who gave me all the instructions) tomorrow and just check. Sure would hate to go in on surgery day, say something, then find out it's something that's gonna keep me out of surgery =( HA! I would be MAAAAAAD at myself!!! :cursing:

Yes, check with you doctor. You should have regular bowelmovements, shortly after surgery. I think with me, was that I was stopped up for two day, and they went normal. Andthen some diarrhea, and then back to normal. best of luck. I use benefiber to keep me regular

It is absolutely normal. You can do a thread search if you want, but everyone complains - liquids in, liquids out!

I feel for you. If you're on liquids now, you're going to be really tired of liquids on the post op diet!

Totally normal. Things were even funky for me for a while post op, but (and I am sure you are dying to know...) as long as I stay hydrated things keep "moving" just as they should. Hang in there, that preop stuff really is difficult (mostly the mental part for me) but it rapidly becomes worth it!

Anna

I also had the liquid in and liquid out during pre-op. I am 2 weeks post-op now and things are still pretty much coming out the same way they are going in, only now it's the mushies...I know it's TMI but sometimes you wonder if it's OK. I asked my Nut and she said this is the way it works, LOL, until I can eat more solid food there isn't much to poop out.

It is absolutely normal. You can do a thread search if you want, but everyone complains - liquids in, liquids out!

I feel for you. If you're on liquids now, you're going to be really tired of liquids on the post op diet!

Yep, what she said.. lmao! It's completely normal. I had it post op with my Lap Band when I was on liquids, and... *ahem* I have it right now. No biggie...

It gets better promise! :)