Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain in Sternum area.

Well, that doesn't help then, huh? I thought you got one, but I guess you were just thinking about whether or not you needed one? I'd say you don't. Doh!

I was thinking of you laying in bed last night, and wondering if mineral oil would help.

Someone posted a question to Dr. C about having something that looked like a grape come up during a PB. Which made me think of the gal who PB'd a cheese log. Anyhow, all that makes me wonder if you have a wad of something stuck in your pouch. Like a wad of meds?

I'd say drink a TBS of mineral oil before attempting to PB it. (that wasn't good advice) but getting whatever is there down or up will surely solve your sternum pain issues.

My bet is that you have something in your pouch (meds) that needs to go down. Will your doc do your Upper GI sooner?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19817

check out this thread.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19399&highlight=PB+cheese

and this one. Just to give you some ideas about what may be causing this pain. I'm working under the theory that something is stuck there.

OH! I thought of another old thread...hang on...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7410

okay, this one may not be very pertinant, but Nykee did PB pills she took and they were totally intact 7 hours later...maybe I'm grasping at straws...hope some of this helps.

Thank you Kathy. I read those threads and can relate to the frightenng pain. I don't feel like there is anything stuck, but that doesn't mean there isn't. What worries me is the throbbing feeling in the band area and the sore throat. I'm wondering if I have infection.

This is so scary.

Going for my scope tomorrow and an upper GI on Wendsday. I had to cancel all the weeks's plans (and it was a busy one!).

The throbbing is much worse at night, which makes me think it's an infection.

What if the band is infected??? :-(

I have no idea what to say about a possible infection, I'm clueless! But I'm really glad you are going tomorrow and Wed, and not 3 weeks from now. Geez. I can't wait to hear what's up! Please post ASAP. I'll be looking!

That's true (I hope!)

I'll post later what they find with the scope Kath. Thank you. I'll be honest, I'm freaking about this. I want to say "take this thing out of me!!"

not yet, Leener. Don't get yourself too worked up. You are doing the right thing by seeing the doc, so just wait and see. I'll keep checking back on you!

Hey! I'm back from the endoscopy! Doc said everything looks fine. Said my throat and my band is a-okay. YAY! What a nice gastro doc he was too.

I'm wondering if I irritated my pouch or stoma after my golf ball incident? I rested it for 3 days, but perhaps that wasn't enough?

I wonder what it is ?

Excellent. Next is your Upper GI...right? Keep me posted!

I just think you are tight and you are a sweller, and you need to be a very careful bandster, and a very patient bandster. Just say on soft foods for a long while. You can't get an unfill, and until you drop more weight you WILL be tight! If you stay nice and full on softer foods, stick with them and be kind to your band. And keep up with the aloe vera juice, too. I PB'd the other day and drank some at bedtime and was fine in the morning...nothing gets out of hand because I have that miracle stuff. I swear by it!

I'll keep looking for updates.

Okay Kath!

The throbbing is pretty bad tonight. I'm thinking I will have to go to soft for a while, because the 3 days on it after that PB did not seem to help and it's very swollen.

Heck, Leener, I'd go Full liquids, or maybe very soft mushies. It's hard for me to advise because I don't know about your vegetarian diet...but I'd do pureed cream Soups, egg drop Soup (you do eggs?) and thin mashed potatoes and maybe very smushed guacamole...very soft diet, mostly full liquids. Anything you could pull through a straw (guac would be hard) but you get the idea. And sloooow. Can you eat like this for 3+days, or until this starts to improve?

Listen, you are NOT one who can compare the journey of others with your own. Just beacuse you SHOULD be able to eat solids this far out, it's obvious your band is telling you no. Don't fight your band. (yes, Ms. Queen of pushing-my-band is telling you this). You aren't doing anything wrong by not being able to eat "normally, just less" at this point.

I'm sooo glad your endo was fine. I'm betting your Upper GI is fine, too, but slippage may still be a possibility? Surely your gastro doc would be able to see slippage, but if you have it, it will show upon your Upper GI. I'll keep checking in.

Leener,

Your in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. I'm getting my band in 2 weeks and I've been hearing a lot about people having problems. Really making me nervous. Take care and I'll be praying for you.

Sherri

Hey ladies! Sorry! I thought I updated this.

Upper GI shows everything normal. so it was my stomach swelling after a near-PB experience. Your right Kathy, I am such a sweller. (it's the Fibromyalgia)

I seem to be okay now. No more pain. I'm supposed to go for my first fill the second week of July and I'm not looking forward to it for obvious reasons!

And thank you for the prayer. It always helps me.