Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Permanent Makeup

Carrie

Anyone else have it?

I had been thinking about it for a long time. I wanted a natural everyday look that after having 2 kids under the age of 6 I didn't have the time to do each morning. I found a very experienced artist that is very gifted and had my lips and upper and lower eyelids done yesterday. Today I'm swollen but I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. I go back in 4 weeks for a retouch to make sure everything is the way I want it to be and I'm done for 5 years at least. :) I got a soft pink on my lips so I can always add a darker color to change it up and various eye shadows to change my eyes. I'm so excited at the thought of looking good no matter what even if someday I make it into the gym! :biggrin0:

Not for me...but just like with any tattoo, I would wonder how these things look 20-30 years down the road when the skin starts to sag and roll onto itself. Or do they eventually fade away if you don't do the upkeep?

Hi Carrie...I had my eyes done 5 years ago, I LOVE it and would do it again in a heartbeat. Vicki

I've thought about the lips.... how great to always be rosey. Was it very expensive?

stacey

Not for me...but just like with any tattoo, I would wonder how these things look 20-30 years down the road when the skin starts to sag and roll onto itself. Or do they eventually fade away if you don't do the upkeep?

It lasts anywhere between 2-5 years, it varies based upon how much time you are outdoors and the chemicals you use on your face.

Cost was not something I took into consideration when looking for a good artist. The best get paid more in any profession. For my upper and lower eyeliner and lips I paid $600. The lady I went to was highly experienced and knew exactly what I wanted and what colors to recommend to get the right look. The lips have been a bit more of a pain in the butt because of the whole only drink from a straw no friction rule of the tattoo. I will go through various stages of peeling with the lips before I get my slight pink.

Anyone else have it?

I had been thinking about it for a long time. I wanted a natural everyday look that after having 2 kids under the age of 6 I didn't have the time to do each morning. I found a very experienced artist that is very gifted and had my lips and upper and lower eyelids done yesterday. Today I'm swollen but I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. I go back in 4 weeks for a retouch to make sure everything is the way I want it to be and I'm done for 5 years at least. :) I got a soft pink on my lips so I can always add a darker color to change it up and various eye shadows to change my eyes. I'm so excited at the thought of looking good no matter what even if someday I make it into the gym! :)

I had my eyebrows and top and bottom eyeliner done. . let me tell you i would do it again! In the beginning, it's not the most beautiful site ever, I was bruised so badly i had to take off a week from work cause it looked like i got into a cat fight. . . but after that disappeared i loved it. . . now it's 10 years later and i am still looking great. . . i may need a touch up on the brows but for now i'm happy happy with it, I remember the bruising and have a second thoughts about touchups :lol0: But i know that i'll have to go eventually. . . glad to hear you like yours! The gym isn't running away, and once your ready to go, I'm sure it'll still be there for you! :thumbup:

Did it hurt?

yes, big time, not the eyebrows so much but the eyeliner was hell! you have to keep the eyes open to do the bottom liner and you can see those 3 little needles jabbing away! they don't put lidocaine cause it's right at the eye. . . yes it does hurt! Could be why i'm not ready for the touch ups. . .:thumbup: Stupid things we do to our bodies huh????? Now i find out that if you have any sort of tatoo, your a potential victim for possible Hep C (yes even if it was clean. . hopefully the ink they used wasn't contaminated). . . ugh life is crazy!

ok...that settles that. I won't ever be having this done. LOL

Shoot... I always wonder about it too. I wear makeup every day that I go to work, so it would have saved me time. My friend started wearing those individual eyelashes. Which I think are totally cool and look very natural. She paid 100 dollars initially and 45 dollars every two weeks for refills. I might try those.

Deb

I love taking the time to put on make up, granted it is a rare occasion that I wear anything beyond tinted moisturizer and tinted lip balm but when I make the time to do my hair and make-up, it is almost like a zen thing for me, because I am taking the time to beautify myself. It doesn't have to be a chore to apply make-up! There are so many advancements in make-up technology these days, I swipe on Almay invisible foundation, it's freaking amazing! I don't know how it does it, but it goes on white and then turns the color of my skin, if it weren't for the obvious blemish I knew I was covering, the first time I used it I wouldn't have known where I put it on my face! So between that and my old stand-by Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker, my face is done in 45 seconds!

:001_smile:I had my eyebrows done and would do it all over again. It looks bad the first week and then it looks better. Got mine done 9 months ago and they look great. Had mine done at the Wal Mart nail salon for $250...great deal.

smiling at dr. pepper lip balm. i wear MAC oil free foundation and victoria secrets flavored lip gloss.

[QUTE=Globetrotter;79193]I love taking the time to put on make up, granted it is a rare occasion that I wear anything beyond tinted moisturizer and tinted lip balm but when I make the time to do my hair and make-up, it is almost like a zen thing for me, because I am taking the time to beautify myself. It doesn't have to be a chore to apply make-up! There are so many advancements in make-up technology these days, I swipe on Almay invisible foundation, it's freaking amazing! I don't know how it does it, but it goes on white and then turns the color of my skin, if it weren't for the obvious blemish I

I had my eyeliner done. My mother is a licensed esthetician and does all that cool stuff. I was her guinee pig (not sure how to spell that lol) but I love love my eyeliner. As she became more experienced and started doing tons of clients I got my touch up. But it really didn't hurt with the numbing medicine. I love it and do not regret anything!

i would love to get my brows done. mainly cause i over pluck and then i need to fill in so that's annoying

but not too sure how it will look considering it's my face :mellow: