Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 05 Bandsters 1 year Bandiversary Coming

Are there any July 05 Bandsters:bandit in here......our bandiversary:grouphug: is coming up fast.

:update:

How are you doing? Are you happy with your band? Are you making your band work for you? Where were you banded? What do you eat now? Do you exercise?

Hi-I cannot believe it has been almost a year. I am pretty happy with my weight loss. Have had some ups and down through the year but have managed to keep it going. I know that had I not decided on the band I would never be this weight. I have been able to get clothes "out of hiding" (i have several boxes and sizes packed away in my basement) I am wearing clothes that I haven't seen in 10 years and never thought I would wear again. I am thrilled with my progress but like many others I kind of wish it was faster.

Congratulations Seppi!!!! 70 punds is nothing to sneeze at, just think if you didn't have the band, all of that would probably be sitting on your and more. I see you got unfilled, can I ask why? What do you eat now a days and do you exercise?

WOW you are more then halfway to go......YOU GO SEPPI:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I had to get an unfill in March after, some reason getting too tight. Then I had several bouts with the gallbladder and had that removed. Then to top it all off I developed reflux. I cannot understand the reflux thing because I have never had it before and I thought the band helped those who did have it get rid of it. But now that the gastro doctor has me on nexium it seems to be under control Now I have to wait for a while (per my band Dr) to get a fill. I am not really worried because for unexplained reasons I have had a bit of restriction for about a week. I was a little scared while everything was hpapening, I thought that something was wrong but I really believe that it is OK now. I don't exercise as much as I should (not even close) How about you? Are you involved in an exercise program? Have you had any problems?

I was banded July 28th last year. I just saw the band doc for some brusing around my port and he made the comment that I was doing great, he then asked if I was happy with my weightloss and progress. I am estatic with my weightloss, not as fast as some, but not really slow either. I have gone from a size 22/24 to a 12/14. I actually bought a Medium in the jr department at Disney in March and they actually fit. I am in a Jr large top right now. I look and feel great. I only want to lose another 15 or 20 pounds and they are comming off slowly but they are still going and that is all that matters. I eat pretty normal stuff just much less of it and I work out when I have time, but I am not as committed as I should be. I also just bought a home and it has stairs, something I would never have even considered a year ago, my knes and back were just too bad. I have a tri-level home and love it. I also jog with my new dog a few times a week, it starts as a walk, but she is new to a leash and we end up running most of the time. ~Mandy

Seppi how many fills did you have? I am sorry you have to go through the unfill and reflux. I don't think I've had any problems with my band. I've had 2 fills and right now I don't have much restriction so I made an appt yesterday for 6/28. I belong to TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) and MD Lap Band Support Group oh yeah and I go to a MD program on Monday nights called Take The Challenge (TTC). They give 1 hour of nutrition and health info and then 1 hour of exercise. I was walking 3 miles 6 days a week but I have slacked off but I am trying to get back there. The walking is key to losing the weight.

Seppi have you clothes sizes changed?

WOW Mandi I am in awwww of you clothing size change. WOW agin keep up the great work. I am impressed, jogging and enjoying the stairs, that is something that skinny people say. Ha ha ha ha

How do you guys feel about your body now? Do you have lose skin? Are you going to have any surgery?

I do have lose skin, on my stomach and my inner thighs. I joke that I am skinny both way, thin and loaded with extra skin. I am planning surgery next spring, I want to give it a chance to firm up a bit on it's own. I spoke with a local plastic surgeon and he says that I should wait until I am at goal and have been there for 6 months. He also said that the surgery would remove between 8 and 12 pounds of skin. That would put me way closer to goal too. My goal is 150 without any surgery and then whatever I lose in surgery is a bonus. I know my ticker says 145, but I factored in skin removal into that number. I have another skinny person habit now too, I forget to eat. I used to hate people that would say "I was just so busy I forgot to eat" and now I say it too. LOL ~Mandy

You go Mandy- don't forget to eat today...:)

Congratulations on the PS consult.:clap2:

Too me you didn't have a lot to lose but when it is your to lose, yes it is. You have done a great job. How much do you have in your band now?

I have 1.6cc in a 4 cc band. ~Mandy

I am doing pretty good. I am actually pretty pleased with my band. At first I had some reservations and at times it is frustrating, but all in all I am happy. I try hard to make my band work, but at times I give in to temptation, I am only human. I was banded July 29 2005 by Dr. Andrew Reynolds in Mitchell, SD. I can eat about anything and everything, except for bread, Buns, pizza, fast food, (burgers & fries) and chicken. I can eat about a cup at a time. I try to exercise as often as possible, but I keep busy cleaning and doing projects around the house. I drive my DH bonkers, I am always on the go. I have 8ccs in a VG band.

Maudeispam I've seen your pictures, you are doing great. The things you can't eat you don't need to eat anyhow. The help to pack the pounds on. I'm gald you are exercising.

I had 2 fills one of about 1.6 and another to make it 2.6 total. I am very happy with my clothing sizes, I started at a 24 and am wearing a 14 most of the time. The best thing is that I can go into my closet and have a choice. I know that I have a ways to go but it doesn't seem so insurmountable now that I have taken off a "chunk"

Mandy-have you looked into the Plastic surgery? I think I may need some when I reach goal. I have the ugliest thighs on the planet-alien like skin. Thought they would go back to the way they were when I was younger but so far it isn't happening.

I actually asked my band doc to refer me to a surgeon and he gave me the name of the one they work with on a fairly regular basis. I met him, and was very impressed. I am going to see him in a few months for a consultation. I was hoping to avoid another surgery, but my thighs are pretty flappy and I could be in an 8-10 if I were to have the access skinn removed from my stomach. ~Mandy

HI everyone!

July 22 wil be my one year date...I have probably lost the slowest in this esteemed company, but I am very happy with what has happened this year. I started at a size 26, and am now wearing an 18. I have only had two fills, for .7cc total, and you can see in my signature that my last fill was back in November. I am most proud of learning to eat "normally." I do not eat perfectly. I have learned patience, and I am able to do all kinds of activities that I could not do this time last year. I am helping to lead the music program in vacation bible school, and it involves a lot of physical movement...I do that for 3 hours each night! No way I could have done it last year!

I can climb stairs, walk long distances, and I sleep better at night. My cholesterol is down to below 200, and my blood pressure is completely normal. It is amazing!

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Congratulations to all of us, and I will repeat that in a month!

Cindy

Mousecrazy you are doing a great job. Your weight loss is supurb, you have to realize you didn't have that much to lose in the first place so it will be harder to get off those last few pounds. Your new clothes sizes speak for themselves and all of your new activities.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: