Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you feel your port

I was banded on the 12th May and everything seems to be fine except, when I feel the area where the port is meant to be it doesn't feel any different to the other scar areas. I would of thought that I would of felt the port under the skin. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone feel their port under the skin. I am now getting worried as I don't like needles and when it comes to my first fill, and they cant find the port I will panic.

:help:

Where is your port located?

Try laying on your back and lifting your head while you feel around the port area. You'll most likely feel it then. When I got my fill this is how the Dr located my port.

Be happy you can't feel yours! Mine bugs me so much. It's just under my bra line on the right side.

I can feel my port if I stick my chest out and apply a good amount of pressure. For a while I couldn't feel it all. It doesn't feel like I thought it would, it feels like a little button. pretty much centered about 3" below my bra. I'm hoping that it stays hidden!

I couldn't feel it when I was 1st banded. I can feel it quite easily now. Mine is under my left ribcage.

I have always been able to feel my port. I was a lower BMI bandster. Mine is in the right upper quadrant close to center. Mine still bothers me, it gets sore easily.

I could feel it if I pushed sort deep at first, but now since lost weight I can feel it very well w/ my fingers and even see it poking out some when I stand up. If you mean feel it inside me, no I don't even notice it anymore.

Yes I can feel mine, its on the right side by my ribs. I get really sore if I don't sit strait..strange eh~

Don't worry, you'll do fine at your fill.

I can feel my port especially if I wear tight jeans or if I'm slouching. I was worried about this at first, but now it's become a part of my life.

I can feel by port under my largest scar. Its very odd feeling because I can feel it both from the outside & the inside. I am sort of concerned that when I lose more weight it will stick out to much & I will have to have it repositioned. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it!!!

Hello,

I was also banded on the 12th of May. I can feel my port just under my biggest scar. Sometimes it is easier to feel than others, but it is always there. I hope that when I loose all of my weight, that it won't be visible. I think you will be okay, but if you are concerned, I would call your doctor and just ask him/her. It will make you feel better and you won't worry so much about the fill. I personally want to wait as long as possible before I have my first fill. I will go in when I stop losing weight.

Good Luck

I felt mine from day one also. I can even feel the outline of the circle where they put the injection. I've got a high BMI, so not sure why it's not buried in fat! *LOL* Mine is right under my largest scar. I'm still feeling a bit of pain there, but not much. Banded 06/07/06