Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled to have my VSG on Monday, November 15. My husband is scheduled to have his VSG on Monday, November 29. We are having ours at Christus St. Elizabeth Bariatric Center in Beaumont, TX. We are starting our pre-op diet this Monday then the liquid diet on November 2. I am really excited but I am also getting scared after reading some of the complications that others have had. I guess I need to stop reading those posts. Good luck to everyone! I hope we can all keep in touch and support each other.

I am scheduled to have my VSG on Monday, November 15. My husband is scheduled to have his VSG on Monday, November 29. We are having ours at Christus St. Elizabeth Bariatric Center in Beaumont, TX. We are starting our pre-op diet this Monday then the liquid diet on November 2. I am really excited but I am also getting scared after reading some of the complications that others have had. I guess I need to stop reading those posts. Good luck to everyone! I hope we can all keep in touch and support each other.

Welcome, and good luck to both of you. I'm scheduled for the Monday between yours and your husband's surgeries. I think it is good to be aware of potential complications, but don't scare yourself -- everyone is different.

New to this forum . I too am getting sleeved by Dr. Ortiz on November 1st. I am a bit anxious as I am traveling by myself; however confident after reading the positive posts about he and his staff. I will keep you informed.

On my pre-op diet and am starting to hate Soup :)

Positive thoughts and wishes to all November Sleevers!

I have not yet updated my profile.

I am 37 5'3 235 pounds.

New to this forum . I too am getting sleeved by Dr. Ortiz on November 1st. I am a bit anxious as I am traveling by myself; however confident after reading the positive posts about he and his staff. I will keep you informed.

On my pre-op diet and am starting to hate Soup :)

Positive thoughts and wishes to all November Sleevers!

I have not yet updated my profile.

I am 37 5'3 235 pounds.

Hi everyone! I, too, have a surgery date in Nov. I will be having surgery at Kaiser in South SF with Dr. Le on the 29th. I am really excited and working on having the right mind frame to be successful!

Sleevester73, we have close to the same stats. I am 39, 5'3 and 211 right now. But I will be 40 in just a few days.

Hooraay! I'm a November sleever too! NOV 30, 2010! wootwoot

I will be having my surgery on the 18th...the Thursday b4 Thanksgiving! I can't wait. :)

I wish everyone luck & hopefully we'll all have a speedy recovery & get on with our "new" lives.

Had my pre-op appt today. Now I'm just one more appt away from surgery. Got to get my pre-op labs next Wednesday and then surgery on 11/02 ... it's almost here!!!

I'm here now too! YAY! Looks like I'll be having surgery the week of the 15th! I can't believe how fast it is coming up! I just started the whole process on the 1st of Oct!!

I am having my surgery Nov8th!!! Excited! It only took 1 week for my insurance to approve me. I wont have to do any testing. I got my surgery date yesterday. The only thing im nervous about is the removal of the drain. I had thyroid surgery in may of this year. They put a drain in my neck it felt so weird when the dr took it out, especially without warning. Lol, i know the drain is prbly the easiest to do with, but im a tad bit squeemish!! (<---spelling?) But nonetheless i am really excited. Start pre-op diet on monday!

OMG That is too funny!! I too am looking at the 15th for mine and DH on the 29th! LOL We are in NY though!

Novemver 1st, and i am scared too, excited but nervous,:blink:

Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day as a member. I have been reading different topics and responses and I feel that this is a GREAT SUPPORT SYSTEM that is set in place. I went to the Dr. George Merriman in Shreveport, LA on 11th of of this month to discuss which surgery would be a good option for me; I have been back and forward for a few years now about if this was something that I wanted to do. I have scheduled my psychological evaluation and my meeting with the dietitian for tomorrow. Yesterday in the mail I receieved a pre-aurthorization letter from my insurance company approving a 2 day stay on the 15th of next month........EXCITED........so I guess if everything goes well my surgery date is November 15,2010. Looking forward to meeting new supportive friends on here!