Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ancestry...dna analysis

http://www.oxfordancestry.com

Has anyone here ever looked into this?

What do you guys think of this?

My DH recently learned that his Dad was not his biological father. He has been consumed with knowing about his heritage.

He is very curious about where he comes from. Does anyone think this will help him find peace?

well, i went ahead and bought the Y-Clan analysis. There is a father's day special right now...180 pounds, currency exchange is approx $330.

it comes with a certificate, book, and some other goodies.

get this, the book is about women outnumbering men...eventually extinguishing men...ROTFLMFAO...

I heard about this too. I've always been fascinated with origins,ancestry, DNA and geneology.Oprah was talking about it on her show. She said she found out what tribe in Africa her people were from and found it fascinating. The Zulu tribe.

I wish i could afford to do it. I'm sure most of us would be surprised at what is in our dna!

Oprah is a ZULU???

i don't even know what that means...if Oprah does it then i am going to do it!!

Jenna,

I agree with your sentiment, but DH is very interested in his heritage. that is why i chose to do this.

Well.... just a warning then for DH.... I am adopted and at age 21 (12 years ago) I decided to "find my heritage". Ruined my life! I wish I could go back and just forget it all. Sometimes skeletons are buried for a reason. Just walk lightly.... you never know what your gonna step in. :)

I think many people have a yearning to connect to their heritage. I have done genealogy work myself. Have found out some interesting stories of my forebearers. If I understand correctly, your husband will be looking into genetic markers. This may not tell him who his biological father is, but rather what gene pool he is most closely related to. Like Oprah finding out she is Zulu Tribe. Still, very facinating stuff!

I am mostly Scotch-Irish ancestry. I think my ancestors were a very hearty folk. Probably able to live through potatoe blight and famine with ease! lol. Give us an easy life with food all around and look what happens! I need band surgery!!! rofl.

Terry:)

texas terry,

you are exactly right. DH does not necessarily want to find dear old dad, though i think that it would be good for him to know, just so that he could make peace with this. he is MUCH more interested in his heritage in general. he wants to know if he is irish or german, or native american!! we arent looking for drama, and given the nature of his occupation, he knows how to scope out any findings prior to introducing the findings into his life. he works as a semi-covert police officer.

btw, the kit came in yesterday, and we are mailing his dna swab off today.