Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm waiting on a surgery date, but in the meantime I am trying out a few products to see what works for me. I recently bought a Protein drink called "Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60" - fruit Punch. Here are the nutritional facts:

24FL oz

Calories - 250

Sodium - 500 mg

Potassium - 210 mg

Carbohydrate - 0 mg

Sugars - 0 mg

Protein - 60 mg

It's actually not bad, but I want to be sure the calories and sodium are within the correct range. Can anyone help me out with this one?:biggrin2:

I looked up the nutritional facts from the GNC website. Is this the same stuff?

GNC Pro Performance? AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60™ - fruit Punch - GNC PRO PERFORMANCE - GNC

The stats you posted looked good considering you're drinking 24 ounces of Fluid. I'm assuming this is something pre-mixed because the links I found had different stats. The recommended DV for sodium is between 1500-2400mg per day. If you're watching your sodium elsewhere this should be okay. It's a lot, and this particular Protein used for a recovery and pre-workout Protein. My husband used it with his intense weight training protein. pixel.gif

Your tastebuds might change post-op. A lot of us go through it, and some of us develop lactose intolerance. So, if you like it now, there is no guarantee you'll like it or be able to tolerate it post-op.

pixel.gif

Edited by Tiffykins

Clarification - I have the pre-mixed stuff. So the nutritional info is slightly different (as indicated above).

It's the preservative factor of sodium since it's pre-mixed. That's why the sodium is so high. It helps "stay" longer.

It's still okay. I mean it's a lot, and it's meant to help those recovery after major muscle workouts, and anabolic recovery.

I had to edit my post like 3 times because it wouldn't post the other link of the pre-mixed drinks. I just wanted to make sure I was reading the correct information before commenting.

This one has a mix of whey Protein isolate, and hydrolyzed Protein. Watch out for Constipation especially post-op with that much protein just to give a little warning about whey protein products.

Tiff - thanks so much for your input. Good point about changing taste buds.

I really enjoy your posts and look forward to your input as I continue.

Thanks again!!!

It's the preservative factor of sodium since it's pre-mixed. That's why the sodium is so high. It helps "stay" longer.

It's still okay. I mean it's a lot, and it's meant to help those recovery after major muscle workouts, and anabolic recovery.

I had to edit my post like 3 times because it wouldn't post the other link of the pre-mixed drinks. I just wanted to make sure I was reading the correct information before commenting.

This one has a mix of whey Protein isolate, and hydrolyzed Protein. Watch out for Constipation especially post-op with that much protein just to give a little warning about whey protein products.

So Tiff, are you saying that would be okay, because it soundif you could drink one of them throughout the day, you would meet your protein requirements. I have wanted to try protein mixes, but heard about the tastebuds changing so am waiting until after my surgery. Did you say you can get this at GNC. I think even if you are low of your protein for the day if you drink part of that drink it would help. Sounds to good to be true if you ask me. lol

So Tiff, are you saying that would be okay, because it soundif you could drink one of them throughout the day, you would meet your Protein requirements. I have wanted to try Protein mixes, but heard about the tastebuds changing so am waiting until after my surgery. Did you say you can get this at GNC. I think even if you are low of your protein for the day if you drink part of that drink it would help. Sounds to good to be true if you ask me. lol

It should be okay as long as you as you don't have sodium issues like hypertension, and you watch your salt/sodium intake on the rest of your food throughout your day.

I would recommend you checking out the protein forum for the thread that has all the places you can get samples from, order samples, and then after surgery you can try them out to find one you can tolerate.

If you are drinking this particular drink in addition to your 64oz of Clear liquids, the sodium won't hurt you.

Here is the topic that has all the different places to get samples of protein, and a lot of people have reviewed their brand preference.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/protein-drinks-powders/1325-places-get-liquid-protein-samples.html

Of course, discuss with your surgeon and nutritionist on anything before consuming it post-op.

It should be okay as long as you as you don't have sodium issues like hypertension, and you watch your salt/sodium intake on the rest of your food throughout your day.

I would recommend you checking out the Protein forum for the thread that has all the places you can get samples from, order samples, and then after surgery you can try them out to find one you can tolerate.

If you are drinking this particular drink in addition to your 64oz of Clear Liquids, the sodium won't hurt you.

Here is the topic that has all the different places to get samples of Protein, and a lot of people have reviewed their brand preference.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/protein-drinks-powders/1325-places-get-liquid-protein-samples.html

Of course, discuss with your surgeon and nutritionist on anything before consuming it post-op.

Thank you, and I will check with my surgeon.