Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been awhile - Just checking in

I haven't posted for awhile. My VSG was performed about 5 months ago. It has been a great 5 months. The surgery is continuing to change my life.

For the first 3 months of that time the weight came off pretty fast. Things have slowed significantly the past two months. I'm still losing but it's taking more effort now. I think a big reason for the slow down is I have been busy at work and haven't been able to find the time to exercise regularly like I was before. That seems to be a big factor with or without surgery - becoming more active. This week I recommitted and exercised 5 times and the weight came off. I lost 3 more pounds and am now at my lowest yet - 70 lbs down. Last week I had to punch another hole in my belt. That's the third hole since I in-grew (the opposite of out-grew) this belt :tongue_smilie:. I have gone from a 48 to a 36 waist. 12 inches. Wow!

I'm about ready to go back to Am-Vets and get some smaller clothes. We have a good one by our house that seems to have decent clothes and I have been trying to spend less on clothes until I get down to my ideal weight. My goal is to reach that by the end of the year. Then I will go for the good stuff. I guess that's what some of our tax refund is going for this year:biggrin0:.

It's not just about the clothes, though. It's about the quality of life. I'm sleeping better. I'm still using a C-Pap machine, but I wake up in the morning and feel well rested. I've even been waking up earlier, without effort. I've been happier and more pleasant to be around. Just ask my wife. I am out there with my kids and have more energy to spend with them. I can do a whole day of yard work now (as opposed to 1 or 2 hours before I would die) without being exhausted or my back going out. Working out in the yard is now one of my favorite things to do.

According to my doctor, getting healthy could increase my life expectency by 15 years! If those 15 years will be anything like the last couple of months have been, the VSG could very well be the best decision I have ever made (except for marrying my wife. She's a peach.)

If you are considering having a VSG, do it!:thumbup: If you want to change your life and realize your full potential, do it!:thumbup: If you want to be there for your loved ones now and in the future, do it!:thumbup:

I can only say good things about my experience. Reading all the successes and advice from this web site has been a real boost. Thank you all for your stories.

Dan S

VSG - 3/15/10

Highest Weight - 284

Current Weight - 214

Goal - 180

34 Pounds to go! Who knows, maybe I'll have to adjust my goal to 170.

Thanks for posting, Dan. I can especially relate to the yard work. My back hasn't gone out since I got the surgery. And I feel so peaceful after working in the yard; then I sit back and admire what my hard work accomplished.

Congratulations on your success.

Hi Dan, I am so glad it's working for you and thanks for telling us your story.

Jane x

How exciting Dan! This is really an amazing journey and it sounds like you are certainly on the right track. Thanks for keeping me motivated, and hopefully soon enough you will be buying those clothes you want and you can be Rico Suave!!!

Im so happy for you. I have my surgery day 30 august and sometimes I wonder if I should do it or not. When I read stuff like this I think I most do it.

Thank you:)))))))

Im so happy for you. I have my surgery day 30 august and sometimes I wonder if I should do it or not. When I read stuff like this I think I most do it.

Thank you:)))))))

Barbie_70,

Its a small world. My daughter just married into a Swedish family from Sundsvall. Their kids are going to speak Swedish and English and my wife is learning Swedish now because she doesn't want to miss anything. Some of it is rubbing off on me. Fun stuff.

picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=2333&thumb=1

Best wishes to you with your surgery. The 30th will be here soon and you will do great. Just do what the surgeon and your doctor say and everything should be fine. I remember being nervous too. I just stuck to the diet and got up and started walking as soon as possible after surgery. That seemed to help the recovery a lot. Please ask if you have any questions.

Everyone thank you for your support!

Dan S

Highest Weight - 284

Current Weight - 214

Goal Weight - 180

34 Lbs to go!