Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Month in Heaven!

I am just a few days short of one month post op and I thank God every day that I finally made up my mind. I felt like that only way to lose the weight was to be up happy and diet every day of the rest of my life. Well I was half right. I do have to diet for the rest of my life but being unhappy while doing it is no longer a part of that deal! I have made the choice to no longer eat bread and a guess what I?m STILL HAPPY!! I am starting to get so much more energy and smiling more. When people I don?t want to know how the WLS ask about my weight loss I just say I?m not eating bread anymore. I?m sure it is helping take the weight off but being full from 3 oz of Soup doesn?t hurt either lol. When I first started looking into WLS I was 210 but I couldn?t pay to have the surgery in the states and I was scared to go to Mexico so I tried to lose on my own. Over the next year I did every diet and every weight loss pill out there. Phentermine was the only one that helped me but the moment I stopped taking it I started gaining again. I was always hungry and still over eating. I felt hopeless and weak! I looked at my family and felt defeat since everyone in my family is overweight and most are obese. After a year of hating myself thin (I'm sure some know what I mean) I got down about 30 lbs which I was starting to gain back slowly. crying.gif

So once again I found myself looking into WLS and I e-mailed BeLiteWeight. At that point my life started to change. I had some money saved up and my Mom was in a place where she could loan me the rest. On 7-12-10 my life became forever changed. I went to Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez Mexico and got what is called Laparoscopic total gastric vertical plication (TGVP) aka Super Sleeve. In one month I am only a few pounds shy of I lost in one year. I wasn't super obese when I had the TGVP but I was obese but a week and half post op I became just over weight. I am losing an average of .5 lbs a day and I am starting to have so much energy. I only need 11 more lbs to be a NORMAL BMI! ?NORMAL? Isn?t that exciting?? scared.gif Me Normal!

Before my TGVP every day was a fight to lose weight and even if I lost the weight the moment I would let me guard down the weight would come right back. Right before I made up my mind on have the TGVP I started thinking about the two times in my life that I did lose the weight and it hit me the only reasons I thought the weight was due to being sick or surgery. I never really lost the weight myself so I finally said yes to Mexico. Let me tell you IT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF!! The other day I got really upset with myself since I felt like I had been eating all day. What the heck was wrong with me I just paid to get a smaller stomach and here I am stuffing my face! I have an app. on my Iphone that lets me put in what I have eaten and it tells me how many calories I have taken it. I thought I was going to up with joy svengo.gif once I was done entering in the food. I had even eaten 400 calories thumbup.gif and I thought I had over eaten!

Only a hand full of people know about my WLS but now that I don?t eat bread (you can eat bread if you like but it seems like a waste since I can only eat 3 oz) I get that the credit for my weight loss to those that think I am being unhealthy. So since I am keeping this to myself I THANK ALL OF YOU for being there for me to talk to! I don?t know what I would do without this site. It is nice to be with people that understand me and what I am dealing with! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Edited by mellifrits

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats!

whats the difference btwn vertical sleeve and super sleeve?

The VSG cuts and removes the unwanted part of the stomach and the TGVP just takes that section that is unwanted and folds it over. If you look up super sleeve in the search it should bring up where me and others have posted the info about it.

You're doing a great and will be at goal in no time!

~Cheri

Congrats Mellifrits! That is SO fantastic! I too lost 30 lbs with Phentermine, only to gain it back. I am ready to schedule my own Plication. Ready to be healthy and thin for life!

Hi Mellifrits, you are doing brilliantly, and I am very excited that this operation may help one of my daughters who has inherited mums weight gain propensity, poor lamb.

Jane x

so tell me about the app on your iphone. I'm worried I'm eating too much also so would love to log it on my phone.

I use the ap "lose it" since it is so easy to look things up. Also it let's you put in things you cook at home. Also it let's you track your weight and set goals. There are other aps but that is my fav free ap.