Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

oooookaaayyyy here we gooooo!!!!

omg you guys.... my surgery is tomorrow.... and i'm FREAKING OUT!!!! i'm not scared of the anesthesia and i fully trust my surgeon. what i'm saying is, it's not the actual surgery that i'm all in a tizzy about.... it's the permanence. they're cutting off my stomach. i'm not going to be able to indulge in my wonderful world of food anymore. going out to eat with my friends will never be the same. oh, and did i mention..... THEY ARE CUTTING OFF MY STOMACH!!!!! *breaths slowly*

First, take 10 deep breaths...

Then, change that thinking! They are removing up to 85% of your stomach. That is an awesome thing. You are going to learn to eat like a thin person. Heck! You are going TO BE a thin person. You will still go out with your friends. You will still be you. You will just be a much thinner and healthier version of you!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know the emotions that you are going through. But, if you read the posts about "Would you do it again", it's like 99.9% YES. Those are great stats.

Can't wait to hear from you once you are a LOSER!!!!!!

(Note - if this doesn't work, go back to the top & repeat the steps until you remember that you've done your research, you know this is for you, and you are calm once again! :confused1:)

I live in France, where food is not so much sustenance, as a way of life! I worried about lifestyle afterwards... Then I look at all the thin French women and realised that they enjoy food too - just in a different way! They choose quality over quantity, eat properly at the table (they would rather die than have a TV dinner!), take their time, and have regular meals rather than grazing... Which is what I'm trying to do! I can't pretend I haven't drooled at the memory of a Big Girl's Stuff Your Face Dinner.... but I would prefer to be healthy and thin! I'm one of the 99.9% who would do it all over again!

MI-MI there are so many posts about people that worried for nothing and they are so happy and thin now...just think that will be you soon :-)...you will probably have to send me this message on August 26th hahahahaha! Prayers and blessings to YOU!

You may be losing a portion of your stomach, but you are gaining a world of pure happiness that doesn't revolve around food.

I'm 14 months out today, and let me just say that I eat out all the time. I mean it's practically 3-5 times a week. I eat anything and everything I want, seriously anything. Yes, for the first couple of months, you'll sacrifice some social events. BUT, I promise it isn't forever.

I didn't believe people when they said that life would be normal after a few months, but I live it every day. I forget I even had surgery most days. Changing my eating habits and thought process on food, relationship with food has really just replaced my old eating habits, how I thought about food, and my relationship with food has completely changed. I still eat chips, Cookies, cupcakes, but I eat everything that isn't Protein based in moderation. I enjoy Pasta, rice, and potatoes. I just don't eat 2-3 cups of those foods anymore. Food actually tastes better, and believe me, I still love the hell out of food. I don't miss the big portions, I don't miss gorging myself with food, I definitely don't miss my fat pants.

Take everything one day, and one meal at a time.

You won't regret it ! ! !

I enjoy my small portions now just as much as I enjoyed the supersized ones pre-surgery. You'll still be able to go out to dinner and order -you will probably have to take it home in a doggy bag or order a appetizer as a main. I only felt grief for food one time after surgery and it was very brief because I was so happy to finally succeed at losing weight.You'll be with all of us on the loser's bench and it feels pretty damm good.:D

MiMi, guess its all done now and I pray that things went well for you. Thanks for posting, I have been having those same thoughts myself and it helped me tremendously to read the responses. Congrats on beginning your journey.

Wishing you all the best on your journey to a healthy you!! I am going to be with you on the same road soon. Just received approval from insurance... waiting on date. I get scared too and think OMG what am I doing... then I think about not being able to do the things I want to do!! food has ruled my life for far too long! The battle will be hard but I will be damned if the piece of pie is going to have more say in how I feel than I am!! heheh Hang in there! I will be cheering you on too!!!

Well said Papillon! I too am waiting on my date and having those same OMG - what the hell am I doing thoughts. But you are so right - food has ruled my life for far too long.

You took the words right out of my mouth.... I'm 5 days away.. on Aug 11th and you have read my mind...I'm struggling with this preop full liquid diet.. which I'm on day 8.. I'm sooo hungry..

I'm tired :cursing:of sugar free Jello, Water and Protein shakes... I need something else... any ideas will be greatly apprecated.

Hope for a speedy recovery ..... and to hear how you are doing....

Just saw this post MiMi. Hope you are doing well. Immediately after surgery was no fun, but after that it wasn't bad at all for me. Hopefully you have the same or better experience!

FWIW, I had a very dry, scratchy throat after surgery. sugar-free popsicles were very much appreciated. Just remember to take very small sips at first.

I look forward to seeing how much you lose...you'll probably end up beating me to goal weight! :thumbup1:

((hugs)) because I know that right now you probably feel like crap, but tomorrow will be better! Walk walk walk, sip, sip, sip. :biggrin0:

hey guys & dolls,

i'm 4 days post op. i feel fantastic. a little sore but SO GLAD to be past the 1st couple days in the hospital! i just keep telling myself that there WILL be a time when i can have my cocktail shrimp again. there WILL be a time when i won't feel gas bubbles every time i sip Water or broth or Protein shots. there WILL be a time VERY SOON when i will feel like a normal person again, after about 10 years of not feeling very "normal" at all.

i'm emotional today. not because i'm sad. but because while watching a movie at home with my husband, i actually WANTED to get up off the couch and move around. so i did. i stood up, i stretched a little (not too much for my incisions) i moved to left and the right, i moved my neck around. it was WONDERFUL!!!

also... i saw the veins in my feet for the first time yesterday in a long time. i was so shocked and it felt so GOOD! i know that every time i get discouraged, God is going to give me a little something like that to help boost me a little along the way.

thanks for so much support! i never knew strangers could help me so much! you're all very special people!