Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas!

I wish you all a great holiday season! Thank you for your support and friendship too! I wish you the joy of the season, love of family and friends and peace knowing we have each other to lean on.

Love, Light and Angel Hugs to you all!

Hi All,

I am so excited. I just got a call from Beth Israel. I have an appointment to see Dr. Jones. There is no one here to tell, so you are the first ones to know. I am seeing him Jan. 10th. I still don't know what June is going to come up with for me to drink after (I am allergic to what is in most Protein drinks:phanvan ). But, I have an appt. Except for insurance, is there any other reason he could refuse me?????? Now, I am nervous. Wish me luck. I would get together but I am chicken to drive into Boston. My husband still drives me. I will wait to see what you girls come up with for a place. I am available most times. I am retired. Nana

nana

thats great, i thought i posted early, must not sent it right

anyway thats great, you'll like dr jones, he is down to earth kind of guy

got get to bed, work tomorow

happy new year all

deb

Congrats nana on your appointment. Regarding a Protein type drink you're not allergic too I can bet they'll find one for you. No worries just take it one step at a time.

i hope everyone has a very Happy and Healthy New Year. Keep on shrinkin girls!

Congrats, NANA!!! woohoo! let us know when your sx is scheduled! dr. jones is my doc and he is very nice.

happy new year everyone! i hope your evening is filled with low cal Snacks, no cal champagne and lots of love and hope!

dez

Happy New Year everyone!

Congrats Nana! If you're meeting with Dr Jones this is pretty much it! I know you've waited a long time. Congrats again!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Congrats on the great news Nana...I will be in the office on the 11th formypost op visit. too bad it was not on the same day. Best wishes and keep us posted.

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It is too bad KayDotRN, we will miss each other by 1 day. Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I am still very excited. I went to TickerFactory.com to try to put a chart on the bottom of my threads but then it said to cut and paste and I can't do that. As I have said I am not too good with the computer. I will try to have someone get it for me. Hope everyone keeps up the good work, and I will join you soon. :clap2: Nana

Hey everyone!!!

I just scheduled my first appointment, where they said to come in fasting because they're going to do bloodwork. They said then I will have a physical by the doctor, and then meet with the nurse. Does anyone know what I will be doing with the nurse???

I am so excited that this is finally becoming a reality!!!!

Hi Deanna,

If I remember right the nurse will go over your background. Your meds, former surgeries, any health problems, and she talks to you about your reasons for wanting surgery. And she tells you what will come next. Between she and the doctor, they will decide if you need tests or even a surgery, like a gall bladder removal. You are young so maybe unless you have health problems, you will just go through with the appointments with the nutritionist and psychologist. She coordinates things. Good luck.

Nana

Hi Deanna! :wave: Best of luck with your first appointment! I believe the nurse (Michelle) also does an EKG to check your heart. This was simple and painless. Michelle is very, very nice as are just about everyone at BIDMC.

Keep us updated on your progress! ;)

Hey guys!

Thanks for the responses! I've been lurking in the MA thread for a while, and it's so great to be finally be on the inside,lol!

How long did it take you from your first appointment until your surgery date? I was told by the woman on the phone that it ranges from 1-3 months for the whole process...How long did it take you guys?

I don't mean to be a bother, I just have so many questions...I have lapband on the brain 24/7!!!:clap2:

Everyone have a great night!!!!:notagree

Deanna I think it's great that you are putting a lot of thought and research into getting the lapband. You should make sure that this is something you really want and that you are ready to make the changes necessary. It's hard, I won't lie. But in the long run it will be worth it.

My first appointment was in June I think and I was banded on Oct 2nd, so 2-3 months seems about right. Others have gone through much quicker, depending on when you can get your appointments.

Hi Deanna,

I have Lapband on the brain right now, too because I have an appointment with the surgeon on Jan. 10. My road was a little longer. I started late Aug. but ran into a snag with anemia and had to have many tests. But, the others seem to go 1 - 3 mos. Get your appts. as soon as you can because you never know. Now that I see the surgeon I believe he will argue with the insurance co. and then set a date. Good luck. It goes pretty fast. Nana

oh,no nana! I'm sorry to hear about your anemia! It's a good thing they caught it pre-band, huh?!

Well, it sounds like you're on a roll now, and I'll keep you in my prayers! I saw that you're from the cape, me too!! I'm on my way back to Mashpee from Georgia right now, so I've gotta go hit the road, but you have a great night, and think thin!!! :welldone:

sweet dreams!

love always.

Deanna