Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ June Chat

somehow got the one i messed up on too. sorry guys. just trying to figure this out!

slwc

post-207643-13813133634361_thumb.png

Well, I had a great NSV yesterday. I knew I had a pair of jeans in my closet -- size 18 with the tags still on. When I went in for surgery, I was in a TIGHT 20. My pants have been so loose lately I thought.....hmmmmm, wonder if I can get those jeans on?:)

So I got them out of the closet, pulled them on (yeah! they went OVER my hips!) struggled to button them :paranoid , but they buttoned, laid down :rolleyes and zipped them up. They actually zipped up!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

They are still a bit tight to be wearing out, but another couple of weeks and they should fit right. When I first bought them, I couldn't even get them over my hips and they've been hanging in the closet for 3 years.

I'm looking forward to being able to wear them all the time.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Marci - I love that you could get your 18's on...lying down to zip and all! It doesn't seem so painful when the pants you are trying to get in are smaller than the ones you are in...LOL!

I had a laugh myself this past week...the 22's that were finally comfortable slipped off with unzipping or unbuttoning...WOO HOO! I, of course, called my daughter to brag! She had bypass over a year ago and is a svelte size 10 but since the 22's were once hers, she got a laugh out of it too!

I'm not sure what a "NSV" is - I can never find the place to look that stuff up...maybe I had a NSV too! :)

but ....hmmm....I think I might be seeing double ....LOL

You're doing great...keep it up!

hugs...diane : )

Here I am at eight weeks out and have lost 27 pounds of ugly fat forever!! I need to have DH take some new pics of me and I'll post some before and afters. For the first time in my life today I feel like I'm lookin' good! I noticed this morning while sitting at my desk that my belly dosen't stick out quite as far as it used to. I am wearing some khaki's that I haven't worn in forever and they fit okay in the waist but are billowing out from my butt and legs. I went to Lane Bryant this weekend to look for some new stuff and was pleased that in shirts I am between at 18/20 and 22/24! The 22/24 is too big and the 18/20 is a bit snug. What a problem to have! I used to wear a 3x or 24/26 top! Holy crap! I bought a fitted tshirt for the first time in my life.... I feel incredible in it!

So my next little goal is to drop 30 more pounds by September 13.... just in time to see Dave Matthews Band! That gives me 11 weeks.... totally doable I think. I am considering doing the induction phase of South Beach for a few weeks to get myself going. My DH is finally out of the hospital (was in for 5 weeks) so now I can take some time for myself in the evenings to go to the rec center and get some excercise in. He got me an iPod for my bday last week and I'm itchin' to use it.

Soooo... that's the plan. What do you think??

doesn't it feel fantastic to put on clothes you haven't worn in quite a while and they fit. i experienced that this weekend. probably haven't worn this certain pair of pants in at least 3 years. i wore them sunday with great comfort.

keep up the good work - let's all keep up the good work!:clap2:

slwc

Banded May 9, 2006

Medical Center East - Birmingham, AL

weightloss.png

Congratulations May 2006 Bandesters, as a May 2005 bandester I just wanted to throw out a little encouragement to you all.

I was banded on Friday, May 13, 2005 and I started my journey at 283lbs and today I am a happy 195lbs!!! With about 15 more pounds to go. Weight lost has been very slow, some weeks nothing and others 5 or 6lbs so don’t allow that to discourage you, just keep doing what you know to do is right and it will eventually come off. The last couple of months have been grand for me I have lost between 17 to 20lbs each month. I have been in disbelief of how it has worked when I worked it.

I will not say that it hasn’t been a hard year cause it has but it's been worth all the ups and down, every Bping and sliming session, can eat one moment and can’t the next. The band is no magical band but it has been a tool for me that has helped me put food into it's proper prospective.

I say that to say, stay encourage and know that it will work for you.

NaturalBeauty - Thanks for the words of encouragement from someone who has been at this a while! Sometimes this whole thing seems so surreal! I really have a lap band inside me and it really does help with my overeating!

I certainly look forward to being one year out and I hope that I will be able to encourage the 2007 May Bandsters with a success story like yours.

Thanks again!

Natural Beauty,

Just want to say thanks for the encouragement! I was banded on May 29th 2006 and I have lost 25 lbs. I have been wondering sy some days I can eat and some I can't. I was glad to hear from someone who has had the band for a long time.

LaurieJane

LaurieJane,

I call my band fickle. I never no how it's going to act one day to the next. Right now I've been under some stress so my band hasn't been letting me eat anything without Bping so I am on liquids for the next 2 days. I'm tired of my chest and back hurting so I've given in and I'm doing liquids.

Even still, I still do love my band.

Hello All,

I thought I would give a quick update on my progress.

I was banded May 1st and have lost 38 pounds so far. I have been doing deep Water aerobics 4-5 times a week since two weeks after my surgery (with my doctor's ok). I had some restriction before getting a fill and after a 1 cc fill on June 16th, I don't really feel any different. I can still eat 2-3 cups of food at a time (which is still WAY LESS than I would have eaten preband).

After my fill, my doctor scheduled me for a follow-up appointment four weeks later. Last Friday I had dinner with a group of bandsters and the consensus was that I need another fill. I called the office this morning and I will go for my second fill tomorrow. I wasn't sure how the doctor's office would respond. Fills are not quick appointments and, you know, time is money when it comes to seeing patients. Anyway, they were great. I told them I did not mind waiting the four weeks but they told made me the appointment for tomorrow!

I really love my surgeon and his staff!

So, tomorrow I get my second fill and, hopefully, a little more restriction!

Ok... I'm going to try to post some pics. The pink shirt is the night before surgery and the black is today. Hope this works!

post-205860-13813133659915_thumb.jpg

post-205860-13813133660195_thumb.jpg