Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ June Chat

Kim,

I can't speak for Disneyworld because I have never been there, but I lived in Anaheim for 12 years and had season passes to Disneyland for several of them and, even at 300 + pounds, I never had problems not fitting onto their rides. I avoid all other theme parks for the same reason you do, but, the people at Disney seemed to take into account the larger people of society when they designed the rides!

At 280 lbs, I don't think you would have any problems at Disneyworld.

We are planning to visit Disneyland in November when we are in California and I am mostly looking forward to finally being able to climb up the Tarzan tree house. I remember going up it when it was the Swiss Family Robinson attraction when I was a much skinnier kid. I don't particularly care about the attraction itself, I just want to be able to say to myself that I climbed it!

Well the fondu didn't do too much damage--I actually lost a half a pound yesterday. So here are my official statistic:

Current Weight: 276

Goal Weight by 9/13: 255 (-21 pounds to make it an even -60)

I am down 39 pounds now so that will be -60 by my B-day on 9/15. It will be the best gift I get!!!!!!!!!

If I havn't gotten around to it before then, I will post my pictures then too.

Wow Linda, I had no idea that Disney took us larger folks into account. I just always assumed that they like all other theme parks catered to a smaller crowd. I guess I never wanted to travel that far, pay the prices that they charge and get turned away from rides because of my size. That settles it, I'm going to Disney! Never been in my life!

You climb that Tree House Girl, I'm proud of you!

May Band Crew September Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

Current Weight: 280 lbs

Goal Weight by 9/13: 260 (-20 pounds to make it an even -50)!

Mini Goal: 07/24/06 (My 35th Birthday :cry! ) - 10 pounds!

Okay.... I am weighing in this morning at an official 252.8! I haven't seen that weight in at least a year! My goal is for 9/13 is 223. Did I do the math right? LOL. Holy crap.... 223. That number is awesome... I would die!

Good luck girls. We can do this!

I am going tonight to check out a new gym in town. It is a 24 hour gym that gives you a key card so you can go whenever you want. The equipment is all brand new and they even have tanning! It's 42 bucks a month including unlimited tanning. Awesome! I will let you know how it goes!

May Band Crew September Challenge!!!!!!!!!!

Current Weight: 374 lbs

Goal Weight by 9/13: 350 (-24 pounds to make it an even -60)!

OK, I'm in the September Challenge also. I just weighed yesterday so that is what I'm starting with.

C 270

By 9-20-06 -20 :high5:

We can do it!!!!

Guess what? I was a little discouraged about my the results of my second fill (yesterday morning) after my "fondu fest" last night, but this morning there is a noticable difference in the amount of restriction I have.

I tried to eat a small piece of left over chicken (a quick Protein fix) before Water aerobics and could only get about 5 or 6 bites down. Then, during aerobics, I usuall polish off a 1 liter bottle of water in about 4 trips to the wall but, today, I couldn't take several huge gulps like I usually do. I was hungry when I got home and I only got down about 3/4 c of shepherd's pie. So.....I think I finally have restriction!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

I have always been a big pm eater and that has continued after being banded. Since it doesn't look like I will be getting a lot of food down during the earlier part of the day, I am happy with making up for it at night. I can't believe I am saying this, but, I actually hope I don't have this much restriction all the time. It might just be my PMS week too. Oh well, I am rambling on..I'll just have to wait and see!

O.K. I weighed in this AM and lost another pound...19 lbs total!! :clap2: I will start this challenge from this point forward. I cannot bring myself to post my weight, but my BMI is currently 42. :grouphug: I guess that comes from being judged so much. Just the other day my mom commented that she was getting worried about me losing enough....holy crap....I've only lost 18 lbs in 4 wks when she said that.:faint: No need to worry though b/c I will be totally honest and I realize I will only be cheating myself.

LindaV ~ Glad to hear you got some restriction. Let us know how things go tonight and like you said, it may loosen after your TOM.

BTW, I'm going to start the new July thread since I'm going away for the weekend and will probably not get online. I'll post a link.

Here's the link for the July chat: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=248712#post248712

DrewsLou ~ Would you be so kind to post something on the new thread about the challenge you suggested? It seems several of us are interested and perhaps we can get some more on board. Thanks for the great idea to challenge us!!! This is going to be fun. :biggrin1:

I'm in too! I'm up for the September/20 pounds challenge. I've lost 28 since my pre-op (15 since surgery on 5/18). I'm dying for restriction! It has been hard since my first fill on the 19th, thinking I'd have some restriction and I can still eat whatever I want and more than I should.

Hello all Maysters,

I accept the September challenge! Thank you for this fine thread and opportunity for encouragement in our journey to better health. I was banded by Dr. Rumbaut May 18, 2006. I also had another surgery the following week (29th) on my foot that left me in a cast, so I have not had much to share. I did have some groovy pain meds that tasted like crap since i had to disolve before taking:sick. Start physical therapy on the 13th.

So...zippity doo dah, nada, zilch for excersize-just got a recent weight since the plaster, then the fiberglass casts were removed. Now I have an aircast that I can take off, that's so nice to rest my foot and let my leg breathe since the weather is getting warmer and humid. Many of you have cheery and cute tickers and such-don't know how to do this yet but I will learn.

Starting weight I think-have to check w/Dr. when I go for my fill-was 250. This morning I weigh 238.:D Not too bad for sitting on my butt with my foot in the air! Sick to death of sugar-free fat-free pudding tho....:nervous

I was banded May30, 2006. I followed the information that I received from my surgeon and only scheduled 3 days off from work. BIG MISTAKE!!! I work at a desk, and am required to move around a bit. First, sitting in the same position for more than about 30 minutes was sure agony. I'd get up and walk it off but the pain was still there. Take at least 7 work days off (including the weekend). I was not able to follow the liquid diet as it was given to me becasue I am diabetic and have an allergic reaction to too much sugar (sugar products). I had to improvise. I was cooking veggies and drinking the juice from the veggies. I chose rutabagas instead to pototoes. I love chicken broth so I used it to cook carrots, celery stalks, spinach and other veggies. It worked for me. I have never felt sick when I eat. It is July 4th and I ate in the barbecue meal (ribs, chicken, potatoes salad, baked Beans, tea and peach cobbler). I only ate a couple of bits of each and it took me about two hours to finish. I get my first fill on Thursday and I look forward to starting the second phase of the Quest of a healthier body.

Starting Wt. 228/Current Wt. 208/Goal Wt. 147 by Aug. 2007