Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for Dr Davidson patients - dallas tx

Can you tell me your experience on getting the staples removed? I have 8 staples, and they are getting removed on wednesday and I have no idea of what to expect. My incisions are still sore, and I would like to know how much more sore they will be after coming out, and how they come out!

thanks!

I am not a Dr Davidson patient but it's pretty much the same with staples no matter where you go. It doesn't hurt or cause any new soreness. In fact it feels great when they are out, less tightness and itching. Generally you don't have much feeling at the incision line anyway due to them cutting through nerves. Really there is nothing at all to worry about. You will be fine.

I had Dr. Davidson do my surgery as well. When I went back after first week he removed half of my staples. There was no pain, only relief from the itching and pulling. I couldn't wait to get the others out the following week. I really liked Dr. Davidson and Forest Park Hospital. Everyone there was just great. I flew from Florida to have my sleeve done there.

That's funny. I just saw him and got mine out today. RELIEF! Only one hurt and that was the one that was really bothering me in the first place. It was no big deal at all. They just pull them right out. Took a second.

Don't you think he is a really good Dr.? I flew to Dallas to have him do my sleeve because my sister n law had him do hers a year ago. We live in Florida, but my husbands family live in Dallas, so I had the best of care from Dr. Davidson, Forest Park, my husband, and his family. Dr. Davidson would not let me fly home for 2 weeks for fear of blood clots, and daily shots of blood thinner. At first I was annoyed, but then realized that it was only out of care and concern for my safety. I am 6 weeks out from my sleeve, and really doing good. I have not had any serious complications at all. I have lost 28lbs so far. Right now I am at a plateau, but still losing inches. I am not discouraged, as I know this will happen for several times beforew I reach my goal. It will start coming off again soon. Best of everything to you.

Thanks, I am seem to have a low pain tolerance. I had surgery one week ago and yesterday was the only day I didn't take pain meds. And it was still hurting a little. When I went to surgery I read all these posts, ( or maybe these are the ones I wanted to believe heehee) where all these people had little to no pain after surgery and I was in extreme pain!!!!! They kept asking me pain level 1- 10 and wanted to say 10 all the time because it WAS the worst pain I had ever felt. (No childbirth, first surgery, etc) so maybe i am just a weenie. I will take some tylenol with me and not look when they take them out, I wont even look at needles when they give me a shot! Thanks gang!

Thanks, I am seem to have a low pain tolerance. I had surgery one week ago and yesterday was the only day I didn't take pain meds. And it was still hurting a little. When I went to surgery I read all these posts, ( or maybe these are the ones I wanted to believe heehee) where all these people had little to no pain after surgery and I was in extreme pain!!!!! They kept asking me pain level 1- 10 and wanted to say 10 all the time because it WAS the worst pain I had ever felt. (No childbirth, first surgery, etc) so maybe i am just a weenie. I will take some tylenol with me and not look when they take them out, I wont even look at needles when they give me a shot! Thanks gang!

What shot are you going to get? I have not been stuck since I had to do blood work one week out because I didn't feel well. Week one they only took out a few staples and I remember that didn't hurt one bit. I don't even think I realized Sandy had taken any out and she was done. As far as pain, if you hurt, you hurt. Period. But I did start to feel a lot better when I got off the heavy pain meds. Today, I went for a 40 minute walk. Taking those staples out made it so much easier.

Don't you think he is a really good Dr.? I flew to Dallas to have him do my sleeve because my sister n law had him do hers a year ago. We live in Florida, but my husbands family live in Dallas, so I had the best of care from Dr. Davidson, Forest Park, my husband, and his family. Dr. Davidson would not let me fly home for 2 weeks for fear of blood clots, and daily shots of blood thinner. At first I was annoyed, but then realized that it was only out of care and concern for my safety. I am 6 weeks out from my sleeve, and really doing good. I have not had any serious complications at all. I have lost 28lbs so far. Right now I am at a plateau, but still losing inches. I am not discouraged, as I know this will happen for several times beforew I reach my goal. It will start coming off again soon. Best of everything to you.

You know, I read so much about his very dry bedside manner but I remembered that when I talked to him. I found him to be a very nice guy and as far as his surgery skills, he is great. I like his office very much. I had my 2 week diet meet with Lauren and she is so much fun. Our meeting ended up going way over cause we kept chatting about everything and cracking jokes. I only have a problem with one member on the staff and it was not really too big of a deal. They just tried to tell me I was supposed to like something that was sold to me out of the office and I just didn't like it. Was told I had the wrong mind set. I took great offense to that. We also argued about Water retention...Don't care for that person anymore and try to avoid working with them if possible. I don't have to go back until the 19th and I hope to lose a lot before then but I am turning out to be a slow looser.

Im not getting a shot, that was just to shots in general. Even in the hospital when they came at me with a needle I winced and looked away, i just dont like needles! cringing at the thought

Im not getting a shot, that was just to shots in general. Even in the hospital when they came at me with a needle I winced and looked away, i just dont like needles! cringing at the thought

They kept having to stick me several times because my blood was so thick. Everyone who came in my room to take blood kept saying the same thing "I have never had this much trouble getting blood before". I feel you on the needle thing. I never want to get stuck again, unfortunately, I have hypothyroidism and have to get blood checked all the time.

You know, I read so much about his very dry bedside manner but I remembered that when I talked to him. I found him to be a very nice guy and as far as his surgery skills, he is great. I like his office very much. I had my 2 week diet meet with Lauren and she is so much fun. Our meeting ended up going way over cause we kept chatting about everything and cracking jokes. I only have a problem with one member on the staff and it was not really too big of a deal. They just tried to tell me I was supposed to like something that was sold to me out of the office and I just didn't like it. Was told I had the wrong mind set. I took great offense to that. We also argued about Water retention...Don't care for that person anymore and try to avoid working with them if possible. I don't have to go back until the 19th and I hope to lose a lot before then but I am turning out to be a slow looser.

well maybe you won't have to deal with that person again. I think i am going to be a slow loser too, but i think those of us that have less to lose will take longer. keep going and look to the future, it sure looks bright to me!!