Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:tape: (me)

LBT has been so nice the last few days....

I wish you the very best in your journey.

As someone else said, I think "regrets" depends on your expectations prior to banding. And preparation is key to that.

I've been banded almost three years, and it's not been a walk in the park. But I didn't expect it to be, so I haven't been surprised or disappointed or anything. Weight-loss surgery is a big step, and anyone ready to take that step MUST be at an emotional place where theyr'e ready to take some chances and make significant changes.

The only "regret" I can see anyone having is if they went into it utterly unprepared, having been sold a bill of goods about some magic pill. This ain't it, kids. And anyone spending any real time at LBT would know that. How can someone regret making a significant decision to improve their health? And if that's not why someone is being banded, they're setting themselves up for "regret."

I'm at about 14 months out from surgery. Currently, I don't regret having the band. I'm very happy with my life and my new, healthier and smaller body. I've lost 75 lbs and I can (for the first time in my life) see my ultimate weight loss goal as a realistic possibility.

I have, through the journey, regretted what I've done. For months, I was having what my doctor told me was esophageal spasms. I had no reason not to believe him. I was suffereing terribly and blamed the band. I told myself that if it didn't get any better I'd have to have the band out because no one should have to live like that. When I finally got angry at my doctor, I found out that the "esophageal spasms" weren't spasms at all........they were gall bladder attacks. Now that my gall bladder is out, I feel normal again and am doing well.

As others have said, I think your band experience depends on what expectations you bring with you. Be as knowledgeable as you can. Be realistic about what the band does and what your roll in the weight loss process is.

For those who have suffered slippage, erosion, reflux......I can fully understand various regrets.

It is absolutely normal to have 2nd thoughts as your surgery approaches. I know I did. But I kept going to my online support, writing in my personal journal and reminding myself why I was doing this. For me, through knowledge came strength and resolve.

Good Luck

Weight-loss surgery is a big step, and anyone ready to take that step MUST be at an emotional place where theyr'e ready to take some chances and make significant changes.

Right there is the key.

Barring any medical problems after being banded, it is the mental commitment that will make the biggest change in the physical results.

I am 14 months post-banding. I do not regret it one little bit. I have lost close to 80 pounds. I feel better and if I may say so myself, I think I look better too. I have not had any complications at all. I would recommend it to others, and I have.

thanks everyone for the post. why did you all have to have your bands removed? and what seems to cause slippage?

The only thing about the band that I regret is that I didn't get it sooner. I haven't had any major problems, had my gallbladder out, had to be unfilled because of reflux but I do not regret getting my band. I am down nearly 70 pounds, I feel great and I can run and play with my kids. The band takes work, it takes dedication and it takes patience. It isn't fast and furious it is slow and steady.

No! Even though I am frustrated at not having lost my last 30ish pounds, I have lost over 100 and kept it off for 4 years. That would have never happened without the band. This last amount of weight is up to me and I am working on the emotional aspects of it.

I have had the band since last Friday. I know that is a super short time. But, I can honestly say that you may have moments where you think, "Oh crap. I can't have a hamburger and tater tots. Or, It's been 3 weeks since I have had Mexican food" (or whatever. ) It can be scary tot hink that you can't have another submarine sandwich, cola, or steak. But, in order to lose weight, you HAVE to deal with those issues. You can't lose weight constantly having those things anyway. You just need to be prepared to deal with the reality. I think some people will be happy that they got it and never look back. Some of us will have our moments and bounce back. Some will not be happy they got it.

Well I must say that at 15 months out 100 pounds down and feeling lots better about myself.....AT THIS TIME... I don't regret getting bande. I however have been a very lucky bandster with zero problems in the 15 months I've been banded. I at least hope to get to goal and rush to have plastic surgery hoping that in turn if I am ever unbanded do to complications I will be less likely to gain it back...It is scary to feel this way but after seeing several people lose their bands its something to think about!!!! At my place in my journey I love my band!!! If I could do it over again I would. I feel likemy band has given me the chance to a healthier life!!!

I have to say I would'nt go through with the band knowing what I know at this point. This may change though................

I had a very hard time with the surgery and recouperating and I've been loosing so slowly with the last 2 months fluctuating 5 pounds up and down. Granted this is my fault because I'm not eating properly, I'm grazing a lot and on sweets a lot, but i'm hungry all the time!

Now I'm having problems with my port with pain because the last fill I tried to have at the doctors office was a disaster, he couldn't find the site to inject the saline and I almost passed out from the pain of him trying to find it, I was all brused after.

Since then I've had the port pain, so now I'm going on Monday to have a fill in the hospital.

I hope to get restriction because I have lost all insperation about loosing and feel bad about the whole experience thus far.

Regrets???? Never i regret not do it before. I'm 7 month post op and lost 66 pounds. I very very happy.;)