Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi All,

I am in Mexico...just got my second fill. I went from 1.6cc (Sept 1), which was virtually no restriction, to 3.1cc! I am a little worried, but I don't go home until tomorrow night.

So, I also had an official doctor's office weigh in....189.6. So down from 213 on the day of surgery. Four months, 23 pounds, no restriction- I guess I am satisfied. But I am also hopeful that this fill will do the trick!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Olive

Sherri and everyone. Try eating foods for the SOuth Beach diet. They have the most Protein in them. I bought a tv dinner today that was a pizza and it had 30 grams of protein in it. I also eat their Protein Bars which has 19 grams of protein. So go to the store and check out all the SOuth Beach diet products. If you can find Tigers Milk products are good and high in protein. I haven't found them yet but I have only looked at Wal-Mart. I really want to loose and I am going to eat more protein even if it kills me. LOL I also have some unflavored Protein Powder that I am going to put in things that I eat to boost up the protein. I hope some of these suggestions will help. My hubby and I have to make a decision about what to do with our dog. We might have to put him to sleep. We are going tomorrow to talk to the vet. I will lwt you know. Got to get some shut eye. Talk to you later. HUgs

new picture time:

newest.jpg

sorry its so dark, the camera's settings differ from mine

For reference:

(before I started losing weight)

257410247_l.jpg

Wow Chris! You look fantastic, you don't even look overweight anymore! Good for you. You are just looking HOT! You're face is getting that chizzled look. Personally Im attracted to men at the weight you are at right now! Not that it matters because im happily married lol. But I don't like my DH to get too skinny. I don't think you need to lose another 30 lbs??? Whats your BMI? I bet another 10 lbs is all you've got to go at most, maybe due to the increased muscles from working out. I can't wait til all of us Julysters are where you're at Chris, thank you for posting your picture and staying in touch with us ladies. Congrats again.

congrats july bandsters! it sounds like we are all doing pretty well!

i am definitely on for the 20 lb by christmas wagon! i am at 249 and would love to be below 230 so let's roll!

good idea about south beach. do they taste good. i like lean cuisine but haven't tried those. not much for smart ones, red box, variable on taste!

i was lagging on the exer for about 2 weeks but am now back on sched of 3 days/week. i want o try to get in the habit of going every day. what does anyone else do about exer? i am in need of inspiration!

Hey Beth, yep I love the SBD caramel Peanut Butter Meal Replacement bars! I haven't tried the dinners though, but Im going to have to.

Dezadoo, I just do treadmil at home right now. It seems to be working ok for me. I have a 7 month old, a 6 year old, and very busy career.. so getting to a gym regularily is just not possible in my case right now. I like to do treadmil on an incline because I can really feel it working my leg/stomach/derriere muscles.. all the ones I want to work! lol

Hi All....it's been a while. Had some tough times with the band, couldn't get an appointment for SIX weeks with my surgeon and well, just have not been up to checking in. Sooooooooooooo mentally down about the set-back, gained some weight and finally got things straightened out this week. Hopefully I am on the road to success again.

So glad to see everyone is moving along and moving down the old tickers!!!!

Love to all,

Ruthie

Hey guys. Today has been a pretty bad for us. We had to put our little 12 year old dog to sleep. It was a very hard decison but he was hurting and ready to go. I can't write anymore for now but I will be around tomorrow. I got to try to get some sleep. Hugs

Good morning everyone! I had time to check in, so I thought I'd see how everyone is doing...

Chris - you look AWESOME!! What a great accomplishment! We are proud of you and you should be, too!

Beth - I'm so sorry you had to put your dog down...if you have a lot of pictures of him, put them in a collage frame and hang it in your house...you'll have wonderful memories every time you look at it.

I had my appt. with the PA for my band on Friday...I got another cc in my band, so I'm at 8cc's now - I was at 7cc's. I wanted the extreme restriction...I've been on a plateau for two weeks now. He said I was doing very well. I know I need to increase my Water. I get enough Protein as that is what I always focus on first, but I've been slacking drinking the extra water.

I had a conversation with a co-worker on Friday at school. I told her I was going to the doctor. She asked if there was good news to report, and I said yes, I'm down 75 lbs now. But, I said, I have about 70 more to loose. Her mouth dropped as far open as it could when I told her I was still 262 and started at 337 and saw the surgeon prior at 341. I said, careful, you're catching flies! I said I carry my weight so differently that it's decieving that I weigh as much as I do. She was shocked I had so much to loose still, as it doesn't seem that way to look at me.

My pants are super baggy on me, and I should be in 24's, but I can't go buy any right now as $$ is a bit short and Christmas is coming and I'm hosting Thanksgiving. So I'll just be baggy drawers for a while...it's kind of nice actually.

Well, I'd better get a move on. Heading to church in a bit and then I have a ton of stuff to do today. Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone....your all doing so well!!

Stephanie - I had the same thing happen a couple of days ago about my weight, I have NEVER revealed how much I weigh...but told friends in casual conversation and they were soo shocked...I'm 285lbs now and thats after losing loads and one friend thoguht I was 210lbs at the most!! (i wish!!) this is how we end up in this mess, cos we and people around us don't realise our true size.....

Beth - I'm so sorry about your dog but it sounds like ti was best to let him go...

Chris- all I can say is WOWEE!! you look fab.....I bet all the girls are running after you...and thats good exercise!!

Hi everyone! Great to see the posts! Beth, sorry to hear about your dog. My two are special to me, so I sympathize with you.

Well, I've lost some more inches! I'm not down much more weight wise, but I measured today and have lost a total of almost 46 inches from neck to feet. That is an increase of about 5 inches from last month, with it starting to leave my hips and some of the "junk in the trunk" is leaving as well. I knew I was smaller and even had someone at church tell me I needed new clothes today! But, I don't want to stay at this size, so I need to find some good resale shops around here. She also said it looks like I've lost more than 38 lbs. So, that tells me that MEASUREMENTS are very important. If you haven't taken them yet, I would highly recommend this. The scale can be deceiving as both Stephanie and Indianlight can attest to by the compliments and surprise about weight they received from those around them. If you think about this, we all started out lugging around an extra 50-200 lbs. of extra weight. This had to cause our muscles to increase to do this work. MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! So, even when we aren't seeing big movements in weight for awhile, the inches may be coming off...which I can attest to for the past 3-4 weeks.

I am getting ready for a cruise I'll be going on Nov. 30 for 4 nights in the Caribbean, stopping in Cozumel. There are 15 crazy gals, like me going! I'm going to swim with the dolphins, too! I plan on enjoying good food (but not too much), exercising and having a blast with the group. We are gonna ROCK THAT BOAT!! I was thinking how much fun it would be for all of us to plan something down the road when we get closer to or at our goals! We could Celebrate with a weekend get together someplace fun, a cruise, or a party! I know we all live in different areas of the country, but if we planned it far enough ahead and looked into keeping costs down, wouldn't that be fun? All of us gals and guy(s) (Chris...are you in?..lol) and spouses or significant others, too, if that's what's decided. Something to think about July bandsters!

I am proud of all of you and of myself for the progress that's happening. We are all smaller and healthier than 4 mos. ago!! Let's keep it up!! Ya'll have become my friends and support system in this and I appreciate you! Since this is Thanksgiving week, I guess ya'll are on my list for what I'm thankful for, along with so many other blessings in my life!! God bless your week and Thanksgiving Day!

Congrats on losing all those inches Mary! I regret that I never took measurements when I started this journey. I am surprised when I look down and see a much smaller roll laying on my thighs! I can't wait for the day when my stomach doesn't lay on my thighs anymore...

I, too, am so thankful for you all...this community has been a saving grace and you are all so inspirational. Be thankful we have this opportunity for a new and healthier life!

hi all!

I lurk around, sorry I am not more involved.... I posted some pictures on the before and after thread today. Everyone looks fabulous that I have seen pics of. Chris, Work it....!

Zoe

Checking in to say good morning...I am sitting here enjoying my shake waiting for DS to get done in the shower. I have to have a review today as my probation is up at my job on Wednesday. I was hired August of 2004, and had to serve 12 mo. of probation, but because we don't work in the summer, it didn't end until Nov. 22nd. I am happy because I get a raise, too!

Well, DS is out now so I'm going to go finish up...have a great day and drink that Water today!

Hi all,

Chris you look great!

Stephanie- I hope your review went well.

I'm still swimming in the mornings but it is really hard some days to get up.

I'm not losing much weigh, traveling between 166- 169. I'm starting to think I need another fill, but every time I think I'm just gonna call, something will get stuck and I'll PB. I can't need a fill if things still get stuck, can I?