Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Sherri -

I hope you get to feeling better. Sometimes people just don't think! Try to stay positive. Hopefully your husband will start treating you with the respect you deserve. If he can't, do what you need to do to take care of SHERRI!

I went for my second fill on Friday. It was just .6 cc but it has made a huge difference. I can only tolerate liquids and I am not hungry yet. I bet this is going to wear off, though.

Best wishes to all on a great week!

Mary

Hey Sherri I am so sorry that your family is treating you that way. You don't deserve it. Sometimes I wish I could just kick people when they are like that. I will be praying for you.

Guys I am still having problems eating. Everyday since my fill I have had one or another problem. Today I drank too much Water taking my pills. And now I was trying to eat something because I am hungry and only got half of it down and I am hoping it will stay. I don't know what is happening to me. I can't go and ask for an unfill because I fought so hard to get him to do this fill. I guess it is still too early to eat real food. The only other thing I have to eat is sugar free stuff and it gives me the runs. I am a hopeless cause. Oh well I guess I will lose some weight if I can't eat much. Later on I might try a Slim Fast drink and see if I can drink that. At least I can get some Protein. I also think one of you has given be your cold over the net waves. I am not coughing but my eyes are itchy and my nose is runny but I still have that cigarette smoke smell in my nose. I really am a hopeless cause and I am going to go back to bed after I visit the potty. Talk to ya'll later.:notagree

Sherri,

I am 50 and a single mom of an 11 year old and 8 year old. I adopted them from Russia when they were 22 months and 10 months.

About five years ago I talked with my ob/gyn and mentioned that my kids sometimes really got on my nerves. She suggested medication and totally brushed it off. About a year later, I knew that I needed some help because I was not the person I had always been. Everything got on my nerves. I had a really short temper. I told my regular doctor and he put me on some medication for anxiety. LIFE SAVER! I became myself again.

I was on Lexapro for three years, but my doctor changed me to Effexor this spring because even though Lexapro is VERY good for stress, it has been determined to increase appetite. Don't be ashamed to try something to take the edge off. It could very well help you a lot.

Best wishes,

Mary

Exercised 30 minutes today!:)

Ladies, I am so sorry to hear how rotten things have been. Life can totally suck sometimes. :) I remember when I was caring for my mother during the final days of her life (she died from lung cancer...so all you smokers out there---QUIT!) My mother & I lived 3000 miles apart---my home was on the west coast & my mother's on the east. I was (am) fortunate enough to work for a great company that allowed me to go back east to care for my mother for the last 3-1/2 months of her life. I was able to telecommute the whole time--which was a great distraction. During that time, I had NO help even with family (my sister, several cousins, & my mother's sister) living within 30 minutes of my mother & never ONCE did anyone offer to help in any way...not even to give me a short break from the 24/7 job I was doing. Family can be so awful sometimes & they will never know the precious moments they missed.

Do y'all mind if I interject a little bit of a feel-good moment?

Most of you are finally beginning to feel good about clothes shopping for yourselves again. Me? I've NEVER liked to shop....I know..very ungirly-like. But what I DID take pleasure in today was going to the tailor & having THREE---yes THREE---pairs of my business slacks taken in!!!!! I've lost enough to have 4-6 INCHES taken out of the seat & waist & another 2" taken from side seams in the legs. I was at the point of trying to roll up them up at the waist just so they didn't look so droopy...& I could take them off completely without undoing the buttons & zippers. This is MY equivalent to shopping for new clothes during this transitional period.

High Fives to me---& to ALL of us for being brave enough to go down this bumpy road! :clap2:

Well guys just an update on me and my woes. I can't eat very much at all. I had to change my acid reflux meds and I was without for one and a half days. SO I am hoping that is my problem. I got the new stuff and will start it in the morning. Maybe I will back to normal by then. I could get some sugar free pudding down put then I had the runs. I am hungry and I can't eat. Yuck. I don't want to live on pudding and imodium. Well I need to go back to the potty so I will say goodnight and I will talk to ya'll tomorrow. Sorry to be such a downer. Night all.

Sherri- We (hubby and I) prayed for you tonight.

Greetings all...I haven't been here in a couple of days...crazy, busy...

All is well with me...I got some new pants again, and these are a bit better. I go to the doctor for another 4 week checkup on Friday. I am hoping for just a bit more of a fill. I still feel like I can eat too much. I have a co-worker that is going in at 6am tomorrow for 8am surgery. I pray it all goes as well for him as it did for me.

Beth - sorry to hear you aren't able to eat very much...sounds like you've been very uncomfortable...

Sherri - I am so sorry to hear of your marriage/family issues...as someone said earlier - take care of Sherri most of all. Shame on them all for speaking to you that way!

Kari - Sounds like things are going okay for you. Keep up the good work with the exercise.

Everyone else - keep it up! I love how that even when life gets in the way for a couple of days, you're all here waiting to support one another and to lean on your friends for your own support. Thanks all!

hi all! hugs to those of you that need or want them! sorry things aren't goi ng well.

congrats to those who are doin great and wow! taking pants in..what a great feeling!

i need help! i have no idea what is wrong, i got a fill 2 weeks ago, then experienced my 1st bout w/pb'ing and have been eating a lot less. i still, repeat still have not lost any more weight..WHY!!! i know you can plateau then start to lose but when will this happen!?!?! i have been stuck around 250 for about 2-3 weeks. sorry to bitch about something trivial but...help!

dez

hey Dez, were you ever 250 lbs previously in life? Sometimes the body has a hard time losing past an old weight esp. if you weighed that amount for any length of time. The best way to get off the plateau is to avoid carbs for a few days imho. Eat protien only and maybe a couple veggies for about 3-4 days. The other thing that can get you losing is some serious cardio exercise if you're able to do it. Like the huffing/puffing kind for at least 30 mins./day. HOpe you can get off your plateau!! Good Luck!!

i have been 250 since birth i think! lol! good idea about the carbs, as soon as i finish my 1st pizza in 2 1/2 months i will! i love the gym and am trying to get back into a more reg routine of daily sessions but my job blows so it is just 2-5 times/week. my goal is 230 by Thanksgiving but maybe i'll make that Christmas! hahaha

just an fyi, i just learned from one of my parents who is a personal trainer that 30 min is good but 40-45 min REALLY burns calories. interesting, huh?

When you guys are right, your right. The fill I got 2 weeks ago has been very tight. Can't really eat any food but was giving it time to unswell and TOM is now visiting so I took 2 bites of a tator tot and bam it happened again. Couldn't get it down or up and the pain was horrid, finally up it came. That's 3 times since my fill, I bet I'm going to have to make the 10 hour drive to get maybe .2 taken out. That would suck. I only had .4 put in. Well your prayers are working, dh treated me like a human being today and even went and picked up my new pup we had bought 3 weeks ago for me. She's about 5 in. and weighs way less than pound. Red, smooth, mini Daschund. She's a beaut, Abigaile, but her pals just call her Abby. LOL

Hope everyone has a great night and a even better day tomorrow.

Sherri- I am glad to hear that your hubby is treating you better. I know just how you feel with the fill. I got one last week and it is tight. I can hardly eat anything. I really don't want to get an unfill because I begged my doc for this fill. It is a little better today but I am still not eating much. I hope at least I lose some weight.

Hi everyone. I am slowly getting better. I am going to try to go to the store tomorrow and then back to the Water aerobics on Thurs. Right now I am fixing to go to bed and I am not hungry and I never had dinner. I wonder if I should eat something. Naw Well goodnight everyone. HUgs

Sherrijo: I really feel for you and pray that things at home will improve. How are you doing "bandwise" with this stress? Are you feeling okay? Is there any chance that your hubby would see a counselor with you? If so, I would highly recommend this. In the meantime, hang in there, try and do things for yourself that are special and pamper yourself if nobody else will pamper you. If money isn't an issue, go get a pedicure, manicure, hair done, make up, massage or something else that you enjoy!! You are worth it!!

Well, I went to my "exercise class" today and even used some boxing gloves. I was so sweaty but it was fun (in a painful way...lol). I also did extensive abdominal exercise (crunches) and was so proud of myself. My "inner athlete" is coming out. I was an athlete in high school and ran 3-4 miles a day in college for exercise, but over the years with the weight gain and knee problems, haven't worked out as much. Did join Curves over a year ago and did that between surgeries, etc. But, what I'm doing now is fun and challenging. I had to drag myself there, though cuz I like to stay up too late!! Oh, I lost another 2 lbs. Hurrah!! And this weekend I will do my measurements because it's been around 12 weeks since my pre-op diet began. I'm celebrating. The fill is helping me stay satisfied between meals and I'm happy about that!

Well, hope to hear from everyone. Some of you haven't posted in awhile. Where are you?? We miss you??

Hello all --- I'm about to head to bed and wanted to say hi. I weighed this morning and I am up 1.6 lbs! It's my first gain since my surgery and I am so depressed about it! I go to the doctor this Friday and hope to get a bit more of a fill. I feel like I can eat anything still...

Sherri - I am so sorry you are going through the trials in your marriage. I don't think I could take the mental and emotional abuse you are going through. Stay strong.

One of my best friend's dad died last Saturday, so we are going to the visitation tomorrow night. I am going to try very hard to come home and get on my recumbant bike and see if I can kick myself into gear.

I got my ID that I have to wear at school today - the picture was taken Sept. 7th and I don't look like it anymore. And when you look at last year's picture on my ID it's REALLY not like me anymore. I'll have to scan them sometime.

Hope all is well with everyone. I hope to get on here and talk some this weekend :lol:

Hey Sherri hang in there girlfriend. I agree with Mary that you need to do something for yourself. I hope you are doing well with your band. You are still in our prayers. And remember we all love you. If you need to talk you call always email me and I will give you my number or you can give me yours. Please keep us up to date. I big HUG for you.

Step- Don't worry about the gain. I gained right before my fill so maybe that is a sign that you need another fill. Glad to hear from you. I hope you can talk to us more this weekend.

Well guys I lost 3 whole pounds this week after a gain last week. It was not a fun week and I didn't eat much at all (probably why I lost) this past week. But I am better now but I can still feel the resistance sooner that I did so that is good. I don't eat as much as I did and I hope to get back to the YMCA tomorrow. I don't know anything else so I guess I will go to bed. NIghty Night HUgs

Hi all. Long time no talk-to. I had my second fill this morning after having absolutely no restriction with my first. I'm up to 2.6 cc in a 4 cc band. I've only had Water, coffee and apple sauce since today's fill so it's too soon to tell if it's going to make any difference. The doctor felt this was a very agressive fill so I'm hopeful.

Marie