Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

My band surgeon says no ab exercises for 3 months. You might want to just do cardio for another couple weeks beth?? Or at least take it easy on the machines that target the abs. LOL he also had rules about rough sex... so watch out for that too!!

Sorry everyone for the long time no update... I'm not sure if I said it, but they think my abdominal pains are GYN related.. not band related. So its good and bad, I guess. I start counseling tomorrow with a weight-loss psycharitrist... should be good! I'm floating on 240 and can't seem to get below it, so next thursday when I see my surgeon, he better give me another fill! I wanna be 200 by New Years! Congrats everyone on your awesome weightlosses!!!!

I'm one week out of being 3 months! whew! Thats crazy. I feel like I've had this band forever, but I do feel my port when doing ab work, so be careful!

Ya know Leona I don't know if its related but I've read a few threads where they say that our stored fat stores hormones, like excess estrogen. So often times when we are losing weight rapidly, our bodies have a hard time processing all the extra hormones. I wonder if that could be contributing to your GYN issue?

Ive read also on threads that after a while the body adjusts to the hormone levels. So I hope you feel better soon!!

Leona - we were banded the same day...I, too, can't believe it's almost 3 months! I am 3 lbs away from 60 and I hope to be there by October 5th...

Beth - I'd definitely get your stomach checked out. I don't think it could be the port this far out from your surgery.

Arcael - congrats on the great grades and the new look! Be proud of yourself :confused:

Kari - Just what are those rules about rough sex LOL :eek:

Greetings to everyone else and congrats on all the NSV's!!

Hi everyone:

Wow, Leona....you're doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Deckedout...I worked out at the gym 3 times this week and did a Belly Dancing DVD tonight at home. Ran out of time to get to the gym.

As for old clothes, I cleaned out my closet last weekend and took several bags of clothes to The Salvation Army. LOL I found a few things with GIANT shoulder pads (my Crystal Carrington look....sexy!)

I've been working really hard at the gym and have lost 43 pounds but am feeling so FAT< FAT <FAT. Anyone else feeling stuck?

Stefani

Hi friends, Hmm well I have a little problem, awhile back I stubbed my big toe really hard and I broke the nail off about half way down.. ouch! Well then I ended up with an ingrown nail, which has now grown out I think, I mean it looks normal, but the side of my toe is still swollen. It hurts to exercise on it...should I exercise through the pain or should I give it time to heal? I feel like everytime I exercise Im making it worse. What do you guys think?

10 weeks today, 35 pounds down, many to go.

I feel like I need another fill, but I have been saying that for weeks now. Might actually follow through with that one of these days.....

Karik,

Your pcp can deaded it and take that whole side of your nail off to fix that. I've had it done 3 times and finally my whole nail removed. Don't have the whole thing removed because then after 3 months it growns back and mine grew back funky. So yes, I have ugly toe.

Hi Leona, I've been asking about you I was worried. Now don't make me worry anymore young lady or I'll have to come to your school and find you. LOL I hope your bands fine and I hope they can get anything wrong made right. Did that sound right?

Hey there eric's Mom, what's up baby? How have you been. Looks like your still losing like crazy.

You know that Don guy we emailed. He sent me myfirst Bracelet, I have it on now. Well, last night I got am email just like before where he had mailed my bracelet and I should receive it in 2 to 4 days. I don't know why they're sending another? Who knows?

Well, everyone, I am getting ready to go walking so I will check in with you all this afternoon. Oh, by the way, that fill, yep, I'm tight. Only drinks until at least noon or after and it seems like it wants to back up my throat. I sure hope I can handle this last fill. Keep your fingers crossed.

9 weeks today and still sitting at approx. the same weight. Have been in this range for a long time now :-( Atleast there was no gain during my 9 day cruise. My second fill is scheduled for 2 weeks from now due to the doctor's schedule. Have no restriction so I still feel like I'm in a holding pattern.

Brandy: Welcome to our wonderful group here!! We are glad you "found" us. We support one another and have fun, too!!

Chris: Glad to hear about your success, both in and out of the classroom. I can't wait until someone thinks I'm unrecognizable!!

Jane: No exercise yet this week. But, next week I am starting with an exercise class 2x a week. It's some type of Tai Chi (I have some knee problems, so I have to limit the "impact type" stuff till I get some more weight off).

Kari: I think you should try and get your toe healed up and do some upper body stuff or stuff that's not weightbearing.

Have to go for now!!!

KariK- I hope your toe gets better... I'm sure you've done this, but have you soaked your toe? If it hurts you, then do chair exercises. Thanks for the info about the estrogen.. I read that somewhere but I completely forgot about that! Sometimes putting two and two together takes someone else lol. I also think it has something to do with coming off of B.C. I as on for a few years.

I have to go now because a friend just called-with a MASSIVE crisis, but thanks for worrying about me and I'll write something later!

Hugs everyone

Hey guys. I have another wierd problem. Two years ago I quit smoking (I was a pack a day smoker for about 20 years). Now I smell cigarette smoke all the time. When I am at home where there is no smoking or never has been and when I am lying in bed at night it is such a strong smell that I almost gag on it. Nobody else can smell it but me. Hubby thinks that I am getting rid of all that bad toxin from my body and it is in my nose. Does that sound logical to you? Has this ever happened to you? With my stomach lopsided and my nose stinking of cigarette smoke I am an odd ball.

Hi, all! I haven't posted in a long time. I was banded 7/10 and I am doing pretty well. I had my first fill in August and will get the next one next week. I am doing okay with the weight loss. I have found that I am very restricted in the morning, then I can eat almost anything many afternoons and evenings. Still, I am not gaining weight.

I am getting much more energy and want to try to exercise every other day for at least thirty minutes. I know that helps in many ways. So I will try to post in October and let you know if I am doing what I need to do.

Everyone of you are a great inspiration.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mary

Hi all:

I met my commitment to exercise this week- yea. I also am drinking 80 oz now, so again- yea. I am doing about 90 mg of protein- triple yea. Okay, BUT- I am starving. It's a struggle to keep the portion size down and not want to eat 10 times a day!!!! I feel zero restriction.

Some thoughts to share:

Leona- I unfortunately learned the hard way that fat cells are full of estrogen b/c many years ago I lost a lot of weight and was not aware I had fibroids. The fibroids absorbed all the estrogen to the point the tumor was like 6 inches in diameter and destroyed my uterine lining....yep...no babies for me. So, don't play with it. I don't want to frighten you but have it checked out soon!!!

Sweetie pie Kari- get thee to a podiatrist and let him/her do wonders on the toe!!! They are miracle workers!!

Take care all.

Ruby,

You better keep in touch with me. We're banded twins. Same day. ye haw. Does sound like your doing great. I on the other hand am a pig and just got my 3rd fill. Keeping a step or 2 ahead of everyone. Oh yeah.

Hello finding me and ready2bthin, missed you guys too. I worried to death about Leona and now worry about you guys. I am one of those hen mothers, if I don't hear from my young often I worry.

Hey Beth, whatcha doin! We had a founders day thing tonight, with all the vendors and music and stuff and guess what. My dh bought one of those huge pork chops, I ate 2 bites as it didn't want to go down very well, then one bite of a deep fried twinking, of course it went down fine. and that was it. I mean for all day too that was it other than my ice tea and Water.

Hope everyone is going to have a great weekend.

Love you all,