Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Sherri,

Wait til then end of your TOM then the weight will probably be gone, and maybe even more! Remember the bloat! I know my friend is about to visit a well, and I can tell. Plus I'm craving salty things and I'm sure that is helping the bloat. This too shall pass.

Well, this week has gone pretty well. I went for long walks on Monday and Tuesday after work and yesterday the whole family went bowling. I bowled a 76! yeah

Tomorrow my DH, son, and I make the 5 hour one way drive to drop the boy off at college. Presently, his sister is in the process of moving back home (her roommate stole the rent money and took off!) so things are crazy here, but if it wasn't for all the excitement life would be boring! Hope everyone had a good week and is planning on doing something fun this weekend. We'll be going to a football game between my son's new school and and DH and my almamater.

Ohh Jane I hope your right. Plus, this is my second T.O.M. since surgery and I've never ever had such monthly visits. The cramps are horrible and just alltogether a horrible week. ( Sorry guys, it is just something us girls have to talk about, LOL). If your like me, you'll cry all the way home from leaving the baby at school, I did. Have a great week.

Hi everyone:

BigGirlPantiez and I went for our 2nd fill today. She did great and didn't have as much pain as last time.

Our doctor couldn't get into my port. (too much scar tissue) It felt like he had that needle in me for hours!!! :)

I had to go to the hospital and have my port filled under x-ray. So I am finally filled and down 36 pounds. Needless to say, I'm not looking foreward to next month's fill.

Stefani

Ruthie,

Yes I'm a Volunteer. You have to sign a document when you cross into TN that under penalty of torture (like spending the day w/your teen or watching Dora the Explorer) that you will have loyalties to no other team.

In fact I'm starting a petition to get someone in my subdivision kicked out for displaying (GASP) a Gators flag. Blasphemy I tell you.

Kari-sorry about your strep but I have to tell you how demented I am because you wrote you couldn't eat and I though hmmm, maybe I need strep.:sick I need help.

Sherri-don't make me pull out the dancing llama-you'll be fine in a couple of days. It's these stupid hormones-STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE:bolt:. Good now go watch something funny and paint your toenails, or if you wish since your DH is being ornery lately wait until he's asleep and paint his.:)

Stefani-that's so great about your wt loss:clap2:. My doctor does all his fills under fluro ($700-yes I wonder how his Lexus is running) and told me that most of his patients only need one fill. Do you have a set schedule for fills or how does that work?

Hey everyone... i had a trip to the ER today because of severe side pain... they think I might have gallstones or kidney stones or something... or a cyst on my ovary. I have to go get more testing on Monday... and it HURTS! They also said that the pain could be due to ripping my port lose and it shifting somehow... but i won't know til the ultrasound! grr... just when I was really getting even MORE active, I can't do anything again. But I'm not missing any school, so that's good... I only have 2 classes tomorrow, and I'll be done at 4 so then I am coming home and sleeping again. All i can do now is take motrin and wait for results.

But I'm almost down 30 LBS!

Sorry that some of you are sick. I needed the day off today too. I had an appointment with my doctor but I was really tired from yeaterday so I called and changed it to next week. After my visit I am scheduled to get a fill. I want one but it sure does hurt me. My port is turn sideways and last time it took him awhile to stick it right. But I really want a fill so I guess I will overlook the pain.

I didn't do much today but I am tired anyway. I am going to bed early and read. So I will talk to you all tomorrow. I hope you are feeling better.

Where is Stephanie today?

Leona: Please let us know what happens with your appointment. Thinking and praying for you!!

Michelle: I can't believe your doctor charges 700 bucks for a fill!! Is that for the first one only or any that you get? I'm heading back to my doc in Mexico...100 bucks with fluro!!! There is a doctor here in Dallas that will do them for 200 with fluro and he's probably been doing them longer than anyone, as his uncle is Dr. Sanchez in Mexico. We are taking a family trip to Mexico, and I want my doc to look over things, so for at least this first one (Oct. 7) I will go to Mexico. I guess I should be thankful that there are so many options here in TX and many here will see patients who were banded in Mexico.

QUESTION: anyone use asprin? I know we're not suposed to, but it's the ONLY thing that will take my headaches away and I've had the same one for days now.

Hi HopeWorks, For the past few days I've been taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol, my throat hurt so dang bad even that didn't cut it much. But I know ibuprofen is a no-no. Taking asprin or other drugs that are no-no's can lead to erosion. So if headaches are a common problem for you, you should call your doc and find out what to do. p.s. if you have a headache that last for days, esp. if its a recurring one in the same spot on your head, you should really have a catscan or mri. I know someone very close to me who ended up having a brain tumor. Not to scare you but, early diagnosis is key.

Hey I just want to report finally I woke up this morning, and although my throat still hurts pretty bad, I can tell it has improved! Yay! I would say previously it was a 9.8 on the pain scale, as I balled about it lol. Now Id say its more like a 7. Thanks everyone for your well wishes and posts for me :) Im so lucky to have your support and to be building friendships with you all. Hope everyone has a great day today.

Leona, good luck on the pains you are having. Ive had a gallbladder attack or a few actually and it is no fun! Major pain. And I've had kidney infection before and that was out of this world pain, they had to give me major pain meds in the ER for that. Ohhh now was was alright! I've heard that Kidney stones are the worst pain imaginable, worse than childbirthing. So I feel soooo bad for you and you will be in my prayers.

Sherrie, re: t.o.m., its just Water weight! You'll lose it before you know it. Just try not to endulge your munchies during this time.

Michelle, my doc charges $600.00 for fills, I thought about flying to Houston and having my surgery doc do them but, I just can't leave home right now. Things are nuts around here.. as usual lol.

Talk to you all lata! Stefani.. where oh where are you???

Leona-good luck on Monday-hopefully it's something that can be cured by antibiotics and you can get back to being opera diva:humble: in exciting NYC while I'm at home in knoxville trying to get magic marker off the dog.:dog:

Kari-I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Strep can be so painfull. :sick

Sherri-how did your(his) nails turn out?:)

Hopeworks-my doc allows nsaids(ibuprofen,naprosen etc) and aspirin with the band. He says the erosion risk is not as high as with GBS because the pills will be washed into the larger stomach as opposed to GBS where there is no larger stomach. Don't y'all just wish they (all docs) would have a meeting and agree on a treatment regime?

As far as your headache is concerned there are many things that cause

regular headaches most common causes:stress, allergies(very high incidence this time of the year), viruses, jaw clenching(tmj), high blood pressure and your period (changes in hormones-also a side effect of Birthcontrol pills). There is a saying in the medical profession that if you hear hoof beats outside it's probably a horse -not a zebra.My point (and I do have one) is that Kari is right about following up but don't get too worried about Zebras yet.

Mary- do you think your family would believe I am your long lost sister from TN so I can go to Mexico with you? Yo hablo espanol. Taco, burrito, MARGARITA:cocktail:...see I could even translate-at least at the taco bell.

Funny for the day::P:D:P :biggrin1: :D

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>A young man wanted to purchase a gift:present: for his new sweetheart's birthday, and as they had not been dating very long, after careful consideration he decided a pair of gloves would strike just the right note: romantic:kiss2: , but not too personal. Accompanied by his sweetheart's younger sister, he went to Nordstrom's and bought a pair of white gloves. The sister purchased a pair of panties for herself. During the wrapping the clerk mixed up the items and the sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without checking the contents, the young man sealed the package and sent it to his sweetheart along with this note:

My Dearest,

I chose these because I noticed that you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister I would have chosen the long ones with the buttons, but she wears the short ones that are easier to remove.

These are a delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart.

I wish I was there to put them on for you the first time, as no doubt other hands will come in contact with them before I have a chance to see you again.

When you take them off, remember to blow in them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing. Just think how many times I will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you will wear them for me on Friday night.

All my love, Roger

P.S. The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur showing

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mbprn,

I laughed my butt off on that one, I didn't paint his toe nails but I will tell you what I did. He knows not to mess with me on that time of the month but he did it anyway. He snores very, very, bad. I spend 6 nights out of 7 on the sectional. So, I bought him this expensive stuff you spray into your mouth and you quit snorring. Well, he didn't like the way it tastes. Well, what did I do? Last night he was out like a light and when he snores he throws his mouth open and lets them fly, so every time he snored, I leaned over, with precise timing and aiming, and sprayed, sprayed, sprayed. He never knew a thing and still doesn't and he didn't snore another time. OMG, I getting mean. Still weigh the same, still have gained and I wished I was a man. Yep, you all heard it right, a man.

Michelle: Sure...come on along to Mexico with us!! We'll go to my pre-band "last supper" place and have one of their margaritas. I will warn you though...pre-band I had one...strawberry frozen...and they are STRONG!! I'm not really a big drinker (maybe 3 or 4 margaritas a year). That margarita sure relaxed me. I even have pictures of me with the mariachi (sp) guitar players!!! I need to learn how to post pics on here. (technically challenged...I am)Wohoo....next day before surgery and before they put the IV in to get me relaxed for surgery, dr. rod said they would be right in. I asked him if it would be like a margarita and he said, "Like 4".....lol...bring it on....I don't even remember being wheeled out of my room...into the operating room...when I woke up, I checked to make sure I had the incisions and had the band put in!!!

Wow....I haven't been on in ages...you all are doing soooo great. I've been in a funk for the last month or so. Just bummed I guess. I lost 10 pounds the first month and then any restriction left over from surgery just faded away. Haven't lost anything the whole month ....went for a fill today so I'm really hoping that will help....starting to worry that my husband wasted 10 thousand dollars...anyways keep up the good work...take care all.