Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey everyone, I was talking with my bandster friend who had her band put in right after the FDA approved it here in the states. I asked a question and she referred me to the booklet put out by the manufacturer of the lap-band system. http://www.allerganandinamed.com/pdf/health/94829-12_LB_Patient_Book.pdf

On page 11, it gives the list of bandster rules. There is nothing said about not drinking right before meals.

Funny thing is that I have had this booklet printed up since May...lol!!!

Thought it might be helpful for those who don't have it or forgot they have it...like me...lol

Jen, sorry about not playing BINGO. I am going to just have too much on my plate...lol...this next week. It's a great idea and for those who are playing...Have fun!! Do worms provide Protein? ? LOL!!

Dezadoo, I wondered the same thing about bowel movements. So, I just checked the lapband booklet and on page 13 it states,

"There may be some reduction in the volume of your stools. That's normal after a decrease in food intake, because you eat less Fiber. This should not cause severe problems. If difficulties do arise, check with your doctor. He or she may suggest you take a mild laxative and drink plenty of Water for awhile. Drinking plenty of water is a good idea, anyway. Your needs will vary, but you should drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day."

Hope that is helpful!!

Elle, its definitely not too late, you can join right in! Where were you banded? How is it going for you? More importantly do you like playing Bingo or eating worms? LOL just kidding. Welcome, glad you finally found the JULY club!

Hey guys!

I have not posted much in th elast week or so. I moved and did not have internet service for a few days. Also, it turns out I had a pretty bad infection, my insicions were pushing out the stiches (my Dr. said I am a freak because I did not absorb the stiches liek everyone else! :) ) and my abdomen was swollen from the infection. I am prone to Staph infections as I had a major on in the early 90's that almost did me in. :sick

Anyway, I am on antibiotics and the swelling and pain is going away! I have decided to only weight the 1st and the 15th of the month. Stesti and I get our fills next friday (if my infection is cleared up) and then we should be set for a while.

My clothes are loose and my bellies (yes, plural!) are shrinking. I fell like I am not loosing pounds but inches - whatever, it is fine with me. I fell much better now and recieved my super duper protien powder yesterday. One of them tastes like Maggie Moos Better Batter ice cream - yum!

It seems like most of us are at a stand still, but that seems to be the case after a few weeks. Stesti looked at the March thread and they felt the same thing after a few weeks, then after thier fills, the loosing began again.

Sorry for rambling on, I accidently woke up and got ready for a meeting 2 hrs before I was supposed to today - am a nerd!:notagree

Oh and JMO I am also hoping worms have some of the much needed protien I need! :hungry:

You normally get your first fill around 6 weeks. My 6 week mark is next Wednesday but I am getting a fill on Monday. I can't believe that it is almost time for my first fill already! AHH! I guess this won't take as much time as I thought it would because its already been about a month and a half and it feels like the surgery was just a few days ago (not pain wise, but memory)... so maybe losing slowly will seem fast because time is speeding up? (I can hope right?)

Next thing we know, we all be skinny :) YAY for us July 06 Bandsters!

Elle, welcome to the club! i like the ideas of weighing myself on the 1st and 15th, i may weigh myself on paydays. i also need to measure myself to see inches leaving, i think that's better than weight! i love the july bandsters! may we all be half of what we used to me soon!

Dez

Good Day Everyone,

Well I wasn't able to finsih my 64oz Water yesterday. :rolleyes I got a late start since I took the kids to SeaWorld. I had half left to drink.

I've started earlier and hope to continue on.

I've been playing on the computer this morning and haven't eatten Breakfast yet. So off I go.

:biggrin1: Welcome Elle!

:clap2: Way to go JMO--20lbs is awesome!

:speechles dezadoo & BigGirlPantiez your better thenm me; I don't want to know but once a month right now my weight and measurements. Maybe I'll change once I start losing a bit more. Plz keep us posted your progress!

Ok so I had someone email me and say they did know about the bingo.. So i am here to tell everyone in the july band crew I am hosting a bingo game and the winner wins a 10.oo gift card of my choice... If you want to play Pm me a list of 25 band related words and I am going to start posting two words a day on Sat. (to give other people time to join in..) The first one to clear all 25 words wins.. (you must keep up with your words I just need a hard copy to check the winner.... ) I will be sending my hard copy of words to Indianlight (thank you) Now I know everyone has seen this (last time I start a new thread) LOL and if I don't get more joiners I am having my Protein in WORMS!!!! lol

Kmo- Where is your list....

Lmo_where is yours? HU?

BGP- I need more from you... But thanks for at least sending some.. LOL

Special thanks to velvetkiss,findingme2,beth,dezadoo, and BGP for being my friends and not wanting me to eat worms.... HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for all the encouragement!!! I love my band

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I reached my first goal...to be under 200! It feels so good to see a number on the scale that starts with a one. This is the first day in about 3 years!

(doin a happy dance!)

Olive

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I reached my first goal...to be under 200! It feels so good to see a number on the scale that starts with a one. This is the first day in about 3 years!

(doin a happy dance!)

Olive

WOW you are doing so good! Keep it up!!

One day I'll get to say that too, I can't wait!

I was banded on 7/27 and am just familiarizing myself with this site a bit more. My surgery was done by Dr. Peter O'Brien in Sioux Falls, SD. It's my two week mark post-op today. It's crazy how fast and slow time goes by at the same time. Today, I weighed myself and am down 19 pounds. I want to put a cool little ticker at the bottom of my posts, anyone willing to offer advice on how to do that?

I have a question. I have some tenderness around my port site. Like I said, I'm 2 weeks post-op so I expect not to be totally back to normal. I can't figure out if it is my incisions (which still have tabs on them), or if it internal and something to do with the port site. It doesn't hurt all the time by any means, it's just a little tender now and then. I am wondering if it is still healing in there - or if I should be taking some action on it because I surely don't want an infection. Any thoughts from the fellow banders?

Thanks!!!

Hi guys,

(doin a happy dance!)

Olive

Olive Congratulations!!!:clap2: I am sooo happy for you, I can't wait to reach my first goal but the feeling of seeing that '1' must be incredible.

Olivia I'm 3 weeks post op and I still feel tenderness in a couple of my cuts especially my port, but i believe its just healing, you have to remember although i have difficulty with this, that you have just had a major op and although it was keyhole your insides have been pushed and shoved around a lot. Give it time and it will ease, if your still uncertain ask a nurse or your Dr to check.

I might as well up date you all on my progress, i wasn't going to get weighed until my appointment with my dietician on 18th August, but temptation won!! I got weighed earlier this week and if the scales are right, i've lost 13lbs!!! I can't believe it...i'm not going to update my ticker until I've had my official weigh in next week just in cas I'm tempting fate....but heres hoping!!